Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the suggestion of *Henrietta Margrethe Ingrid Mary*...but they may chose Maria instead of Mary because then it honours two people at once - Princess Mary and Princess Dagmar (Empress Maria)...Just like they did with *Henri* in Christian's name possibly to honour Prince Henrik's French heritage and Henrietta, Mary's mother...

So I like *Henrietta Margrethe Ingrid Maria*...then all matriarchs will be represented - both grandmothers, great-grandmother and great aunt (?)/mother (Mary)

Baby Names

If it is a boy - William Frederik Valdemar Alexander ;)

If it is a girl - Victoria Ingrid Henrietta Margrethe :wub:

Baby Names

If it is a girl - Victoria Ingrid Henriette Margrethe:wub:

I hope they get twins a boy and a girl :ROFLMAO:

Victoria and William :ohmy:

I doubt they will use Valdemar again as it is Christians' second name.

yassina said:

If it is a girl - Victoria Ingrid Henriette Margrethe:wub:

I hope they get twins a boy and a girl :ROFLMAO:

Victoria and William :ohmy:

I like your suggestion for a girl yessina. I hope they use Valdemar again if it's a boy I like that name.

Since Christian and Felix both have Valdemar as a middle name; I doubt Frederik and Mary would use it again. It is a lovely, strong Danish name though. If they have a boy, I'm sure one of the middle names will be Frederik.

i wanna know the sex of the baby now!!!...lol ahah

Boy:Albert Karl Augustus Frederik
Girl:Victoria Sophia Magdelana Ingrid Elisabeth
lol Victoria and Albert!!!!

If Prince Frederick and Princess Mary have a little girl, one name that she could be given is Ingrid Elizabeth Margarethe Henrietta or another name which will incorporate Margarethe and Henrietta

I think if they have a little Princess, she will definitely take the names of Henrietta and Margarethe. Possible other names could include Ingrid and Elizabeth

I vote... for a little and beautiful girl...

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read all off the posts, but my guess would be

Girl:
1. Ingrid Louise Henrietta Magrethe
- But I have my douts about the Ingrid eventhough it's the name of Frederiks grandmother, because the fact that the norwegian princess and the princess of Berleburg is named that..

2. Dagmar Ingrid Louise Alexandrine
- This is my freaked out guess..:wub: Would love that.. Maybe with an greenlandic or Faroese name instead of Alexandrine

Boy:
1. Erik Kristoffer Vilhelm Frederik
- Do not know why..

2. Patrick Joachim Clark Frederik
- Why Clark:wacko: the middlename of Mary's mom..

Welcome to the forums Hyldegaard:flowers:

Your choices are fantastic and I agree with your choice of the name, Alexandrine. Beautiful name.

Ingrid would be a wonderful choice, but you are correct, Princess Alexandra and Jefferson's daughter is named Ingrid as well as Haakon's and Mette Marit's daughter. Perhaps that would be out of the question for Mary and Frederik.

Thyra is another unusal name that I have grown to like. What about you?

I only just found out today that the current King of Norway is Harald...and Harald is the name I have been advocating since the beginning...I don't think it is a major obstacle, but it is probably back to the "naming board"...

Fancy Harald being the father of Haakon who is Christian's godfather!!!

Some dates...some coincidences that may influence the naming of Mary and Frederik's child...

Mary's mother, Henrietta was born on the 12 May, 1942...the child is due early May...Might be born on her mother's birthday? Nice way to remember her, perhaps...Henrietta died 20 November, 1997...probably one of the reasons for the Australian visit to celebrate her mother's life, family renunion type of thing...and the baby is due in 2007, ten years after Henrietta's death...

So I should say with all of those planets in alignment - May, 2007...10 year anniversary of her passing - I definitely think the name *Henrietta* will be used hopefully as a first name for a girl!!!!

Still cheering for "Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe Maria"

or to incorporate the place of Mary and Frederik's meeting place -Sydney Olympics 2000 - into their somewhere...

"Henrietta Olympia Ingrid Margrethe" the second girl can be
"Thyra Matilda Dagmar Maria"

I voted and think it will be a boy - but I'm hoping for a little Princess for Mary!

The name Christian means: Follower of Christ.
Victoria means: Victory, so I hope they juse that name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realised that Mary's sisters have three children each in this pattern: boy-girl-girl...Hopefully Mary will follow this pattern...Christian, Henrietta, Thyra ;)

Xeara´s post

Now that Xeara mentioned that Mary´s sisters already have boy-girl-girl the probability that it again happens with Mary is in my opinion nil.
So: Boy for Mary, girl for Leti. (Exactly the other way round it´s wishfull)

I hope it's a girl but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a boy.

I want their second child to be a girl cuz there're three boys
in the Danish Royal.

Xeara said:
Some dates...some coincidences that may influence the naming of Mary and Frederik's child...

Mary's mother, Henrietta was born on the 12 May, 1942...the child is due early May...Might be born on her mother's birthday? Nice way to remember her, perhaps...Henrietta died 20 November, 1997...probably one of the reasons for the Australian visit to celebrate her mother's life, family renunion type of thing...and the baby is due in 2007, ten years after Henrietta's death...

So I should say with all of those planets in alignment - May, 2007...10 year anniversary of her passing - I definitely think the name *Henrietta* will be used hopefully as a first name for a girl!!!!

Still cheering for "Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe Maria"

or to incorporate the place of Mary and Frederik's meeting place -Sydney Olympics 2000 - into their somewhere...

"Henrietta Olympia Ingrid Margrethe" the second girl can be
"Thyra Matilda Dagmar Maria"

This weeks woman's day reported that the trip back to tassie was to mourn her mother's anniversary death with her family.
I think that you're onto something...
Henrietta Ingrid Victroria Matilda :flowers:

I love the name guessing game but i'd just thought i'd share a little tidbit here from Denmark...
when we talk about the incoming baby its already being called "Princess Ingrid":wub:
Just thought that i'd share.
I'am sure henrietta will be part of the name if its a girl...but i dont think it will be the first name. IMO, i dont think the name sounds very nice in danish...
Girl: Ingrid Magrethe Dagmar Mary
Boy: Free for all...The 2nd sons name is a free-for-all...Could be anything re. Felix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom