Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...everyone has misunderstood me about using Henrietta...of course it will be used just like John was as part of Christian's name...but I now doubt it will be used as the FIRST name because of all the points I have previously mentioned...But I could be wrong?

betina said:
very common amongst danes first to reveal the name at the christening

Thank you Betina...It seemed a little weird for me that the sweet little thing should be for two months without a name. Now I understand.

But you said this tradition is common among Danish...There I do not understand. Did you mean ALL Danish people or only the Royal Family?

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
Thank you Betina...It seemed a little weird for me that the sweet little thing should be for two months without a name. Now I understand.

But you said this tradition is common among Danish...There I do not understand. Did you mean ALL Danish people or only the Royal Family?

Vanesa.

She meant all Danes, the Royal Family included.

flctylu said:
My money is know [not literally ;)] on...
Princess Ingrid Henrietta Margerethe Jane of Denmark or
Princess Margerethe Henrietta Ingrid of Denmark [in the slightest chance she might become Queen and they want Denmark to have [own right to rule] Queens with the first name Margerethe.

The only way the princess would become Queen would be if Christian died before his father and they had no more male children. And it's doubtful they'd give the child the first name Ingrid because of the little princess in Norway.

The more I think about it the more I think she will get a traditional royal name because she's third in line for the thorne and there is a chance she could be Queen some day-not wishing anything bad on her big brother at all:heart: .It's just that I think she's so close in line she will get a tradtional name-Henrietta,Catherine,Alexandra and Charlotte are my top choices now.

Penny Lane said:
It's just that I think she's so close in line she will get a tradtional name-Henrietta,Catherine,Alexandra and Charlotte are my top choices now.

Alexandra is a very unlikely choice IMO. Charlotte, on the other hand, I absolutely love :heart: But I'm sure Henrietta will be somewhere in her name, same as Margrethe

I think she might have a French name, as her brother and father do.

Charlotte Margrethe Henrietta Elizabeth

or

Charlotte Elizabeth Henrietta Ingrid

Alison20 said:
One or two postings have said that there is no relationship between Queen Elizabeth and Queen Margarethe and that they are not close.

They are, I think, 3rd cousins. King Edward VII was married to Alexandra, the sister of the then King of Denmark.

Also, Queen Margarethe is often among the private guests at Balmoral and Windsor, and I have read that there is quite a good relationship there.

Also, Anne Bowes-Lyon (a niece, I think, of the Queen Mother) was married to Pr George of Denmark, a 2nd cousin of Queen Margrethe.

I know the Queen rarely goes abroad to visit other Royal Families - and usually sends one of her children to represent her at other Royal Family weddings and anniversary parties, etc., - but many visit privately. King Hussain of Jordan was a regular visitor, as is the former Grand-Duke Jean of Luxembourg. The Queen is also quite closely related to the Norwegian Royal Family (the late King Olav was her first cousin), and more distantly to the Swedish Royal Family. There is also an even more distant connection to the Belgian Royal Family through the first King Leopold I. Oh, not to forget close relationships with the Greek Royal Family and the Spanish Royal Family, and the former German and Russian Royal Families. There is also a connection to the Roumanian Royal Family.

Come to think of it, only the Dutch, French, Portuguese, Bulgarian and Italian Royal Families are not related to Queen Elizabeth.

Unfortunatly the Christening is to take place on 1st July so would most likley rule out any of the Windsor family due to the Memorial Concert for Princess Diana. I don't think any British Royal Family would risk being elsewhere on this day.

Just watching the A Royal Family documentary on SBS, I have learnt the pronunciation of Dagmar!

Daauw-mar is the way I think you would spell it to pronounce it correctly. The 'g' doesn't made a normal English 'g' sound, it makes the 'auw' sound. Think 'ow' (as in ow my foot hurts) and say the start longer that the quick 'o'.

Does that make any sense to Danish members? Or have I just confused people even more?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if they will use Henrietta because of the Henri in Prince Christians name which kind of covered Henrik and Henrietta. I hope they use Eliz(s)abeth, somewhere in it as I think it is a lovely name (I'm a little biased here as you can probably guess!:) ).
My guess will be:
Margrethe Elizabeth Ingrid Anne
:flowers:

This is an article which offeres more australian names than danish. Not so helpful on the next baby names but its worth reading

Tasmanians give Princess Mary name tips

THE new Danish princess will be called Sheila Charlene Brittany Matilda Metallica Tasma Kylie Epponnee Rae - if Tasmanians have their way. Full article here

Christening

On Sunday July 1, 2007, the daughter of Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark will be christened at 11:30 a.m. in Fredensborg Palace Church, Fredensborg.

JessRulz said:
Just watching the A Royal Family documentary on SBS, I have learnt the pronunciation of Dagmar!

Daauw-mar is the way I think you would spell it to pronounce it correctly. The 'g' doesn't made a normal English 'g' sound, it makes the 'auw' sound. Think 'ow' (as in ow my foot hurts) and say the start longer that the quick 'o'.

Does that make any sense to Danish members? Or have I just confused people even more?

No you are correct :lol: with the aauw-sound

Vanesa said:

Vanesa.

And yes I meant the danish population included :flowers:

Wow...the little Princess born on Queen Elizabeth's birthday and christened on Princess Diana's...I think this girl was also born under a lucky star!!!

Prince Carl Philip will most likely not be in sweden at the time for the christening and he have no official duties most of this year so I think we can disqualify him as a godparent. It will only be the Crown Princess and Princess Madeleine who will be avaliable. But I think none of them will be asked and selected this time.

My tip is a personal friend to mary or one of her sisters, a personal friend to frederik, prince gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg princess alexia of greece and denmark, princess märtha-louise of norway and an heir apparent. The Duke of Brabant maybe?

Last edited:
betina said:
No you are correct :lol: with the aauw-sound

I would really like to hear live its danish pronunciation, I`m used to pronounce strong "g" in this name (it`s my mother`s and grandmother`s name). Dagmar is a beautiful name and appropriate for a danish princess. I love Margrethe and Thyra too :flowers:

JessRulz said:

I heard the Danish pronunciation of Dagmar on that documentary last night too. It's actually sounds pretty, I like it.

JessRulz said:

I watched that programme too, it was terribly interesting and cleared up a lot of confusion I had with different members of different royal households. I was very surprised at Queen Margrethe and Prince Jaochim's spoken English. I really hadn't heard them speak before. Can't wait for next week.

lise said:
I heard the Danish pronunciation of Dagmar on that documentary last night too. It's actually sounds pretty, I like it.

I agree lise, it does sound pretty. Much more pretty and feminine than I thought it would be. Hearing the correct pronunciation in stead of Dag-mar (which is what I thought :rolleyes: ), I probably wouldn't mind if M&F called Lilleprinsesse Dagmar anywhere in her name :)

In school, one of my classmates were named Dagmar, but it looks like we were all prouncing her name wrong. We prounounced the 'g'. Sometimes, people would call her Dag for short. She was not very happy!

Just a question, as the little princess is in line to the throne after her father and brother, would she not be called Margrethe after her grandmother so that if, for some reason she did ascend the throne she would be Margrethe III. Is that how it works?:ermm:

crisscross1 said:
Just a question, as the little princess is in line to the throne after her father and brother, would she not be called Margrethe after her grandmother so that if, for some reason she did ascend the throne she would be Margrethe III. Is that how it works?:ermm:

I'm not sure, but i assume that Mary and Fred could give the new princess any name, but if one day the princess was to take the Throne, she could always rule under the name of Margrethe III even though her name may not be Margrethe. Just a guess.

Also, the name 'Margrethe' is bound to be one of her names so she could also use it if she ever rules i guess.

Last edited:
crisscross1 said:

There is no rules in Denmark about naming litle princesses.
Our Queen is not named after Margrete 1. but after her grandmother. It was a total coincidense that we have a Margrethe 2. now because there was no female that could inherit the throne when Margrethe was born.

betina said:
There is no rules in Denmark about naming litle princesses.
Our Queen is not named after Margrete 1. but after her grandmother. It was a total coincidense that we have a Margrethe 2. now because there was no female that could inherit the throne when Margrethe was born.

Ok, so if your Queen had been named Ingrid, she would be Ingrid I, am I getting it? :)

Australian said:
In school, one of my classmates were named Dagmar, but it looks like we were all prouncing her name wrong. We prounounced the 'g'. Sometimes, people would call her Dag for short. She was not very happy!
No, it depends. In Germany, the g of Dagmar is pronounced. Not very pretty in my opinion, though maybe I shouldn't say so, because my lovely aunt has that name. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom