Frederik & Mary in Australia for Sister's Wedding: January 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary in the market for TV
January 18, 2004
The Sun-Herald

Media darlings ... Mary Donaldson and Prince Frederik in Hobart yesterday. Photo: Peter Mathew

Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik and his Australian bride-to-be, Mary Donaldson, paid a quick visit to Hobart's Salamanca market as her family prepared for the garden wedding of her sister yesterday.

The market walkabout was filmed by a Danish TV crew, compiling a palace-sanctioned documentary, and the couple's every step was recorded by a determined phalanx of more then a dozen photographers and reporters.

Observers said the royal couple appeared to enjoy the attention of the media during their visit for the marriage of Ms Donaldson's sister Patricia Woods.

Travelling in a new $200,000 Audi A8, they laughed cheerfully while playing cat-and-mouse with the persistent band of photographers on their tail.

The two met at the 2000 Sydney Olympics and are due to be married in Copenhagen on May 14.

Ms Donaldson, 31, a former Sydney real estate agent who comes from Taroona, Tasmania, will become Crown Princess Mary. Prince Frederik, 35, is first in line to the throne.

His mother, Queen Margrethe, 63, has stated she has no plans to abdicate.

Ms Donaldson will relinquish her Australian citizenship as part of her transformation into a Danish Crown Princess.

The former lawyer has agreed to switch from her Presbyterian denomination to the Danish Lutheran Church. She has consented already to a prenuptial edict that she will give up rights to her children if she divorces.

Fred's a cutie, but he slouches doesn't he? And greying!!!! :p

Does anyone know who they're watching???

Originally posted by Jasl@Jan 25th, 2004 - 6:49 am
Fred's a cutie, but he slouches doesn't he? And greying!!!! :p

Does anyone know who they're watching???
Hello Jasl.
Yes Frederik is a cutie and Mary are beautiful.
I think that they are watching Australien Open you know the tennis game.

I never knew Frederik had grey hair, poor guy. Well, there is always brown in a box, or a trip to the salon would do the trick. (even though I'm sure the salon would come to him) :rolleyes:

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JANUARY 25: Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and his Tasmanian-born fiancee Mary Donaldson watch the action on Rod Laver Arena during day seven of the Australian Open Grand Slam at Melbourne Park January 25, 2004 in Melbourne, Australia.

Attachments

• fred_1.jpg
    fred_1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 625
  • fred_2.jpg
    fred_2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 480
  • fred_3.jpg
    fred_3.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 373
  • fred_4.jpg
    fred_4.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 437
  • fred_5a.jpg
    fred_5a.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 367
  • fred_5.jpg
    fred_5.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 391
Last edited by a moderator:
I really thought that they are already in Denamrk! :lol:

Well, I loved the pictures of them. They seem very happy.

It's great to see Fred asking a bite of MAry's popsicle.
It must have been very hot during the tennis match because Mary changed from her shades to sunglasses that were big.

Originally posted by paulette@Jan 25th, 2004 - 11:22 am
I really thought that they are already in Denamrk! :lol:

Well, I loved the pictures of them. They seem very happy.

It's great to see Fred asking a bite of MAry's popsicle.
It must have been very hot during the tennis match because Mary changed from her shades to sunglasses that were big.
They do look cute together. Mary seems to be wearing a lot of foundation makeup

Anyone for Tennis?

Attachments

• 2900183.jpg
    2900183.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 276
BT DK

Imagine Scandinavia - Melbourne, Australi. Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and his future wife Mary Donaldson at the Australian Open Tennis 2004, Day 8, 26/01/04.

Attachments

• mary.jpg
    mary.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 967
  • tennis_1.jpg
    tennis_1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,021
  • tennis_2.jpg
    tennis_2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 505
  • tennis_3.jpg
    tennis_3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 607
  • tennis_4.jpg
    tennis_4.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 967
Last edited by a moderator:
Why did Fred play doubles? Who did he play doubles with? Did he win? Did he go to the courts with his clothes in a bag????

I think F & M looks nice in the pics... eventhough I don't know why they're still in Australia (unless they need to be there because the documentary isn't complete). Mary looks like she belongs in the photos, like she's really part of royalty now. IMO she looks confident/ relaxed/ classy... unlike her previous public outings (especially the state dinner) where she just looked so scared and stiff.

Frederik doesn't look like he's listening to Mary; he's looking at her mouth! :innocent:

Fred is starting to look older than jochim. I know fred is the older brother, but her always look younger. Why are they still in Australia, the wedding has been over for days now. Does anyone know when they are cpming back and is some of the doc. going to be filmed in Denmark?

mary and fred are leaving australia sametime this week and they are on there way back to denmark i read in a new paper article so we will be hearing a lot more about them when they touch down on home base

Looking away

Attachments

• 2900685.jpg
    2900685.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 416
I think Fred and Mary look a lot more natural in public these days. Seems Mary is getting used to being in the public eye. THat is good for her.

Originally posted by karolinabraganza@Jan 31st, 2004 - 7:40 am
are there more images of mary and frederik at the beach during their stay in australia?
thanks
Whatever pictures of Frederik and Mary on the beach or elsewhere during their time in Australia that could be found at various sources and photo agencies have been posted here already. Please look in previous pages of this thread for them.

Call me old fashioned.... but i really think Fred should be carrying the big heavy bag and not leaving it for the poor old future bridesmaid (?) to lug along - she looks like she is really struggling with it

Originally posted by Edmund@Feb 14th, 2004 - 12:39 am
Call me old fashioned.... but i really think Fred should be carrying the big heavy bag and not leaving it for the poor old future bridesmaid (?) to lug along - she looks like she is really struggling with it
Yes. Good point. He looks so fancy free too. Boo.

Fireweaver  Posted: Jan 21st, 2004 - 5:16 pm

The water must be cold.

My thought exactly.

But ... cold water !!! ... i thought Australia was renown for its warm ocean water !!!!

Originally posted by King Christian@Feb 15th, 2004 - 2:53 am

But ... cold water !!! ... i thought Australia was renown for its warm ocean water !!!!
Not Tasmania!

Pretty close to Antarctica, so the water's not all that warm. They get mild weather down there even in summer, not hot beach weather like in Sydney.

Jasl  Posted: Feb 15th, 2004 - 2:58 am

Not Tasmania!

...so the water's not all that warm. They get mild weather down there even in summer, not hot beach weather like in Sydney.
Thanks for pointing that out, Jasl, now I know where I will go, when I visit Australia. Is it also true that there aren't any snakes in Tas?

I liked the dress, however not too fond of the head piece...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom