Favourite Royal Tiaras 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hillary_nugent said:
When was it made? they're something really majestic about them....is there like a curse attached to them? hahaha
Nope, no curse; nothing so interesting! The Poltimore tiara was bought by the King and Queen from the family of Lord Poltimore as a wedding present for Princess Margaret. I think it had been made for the previous generation of Poltimores, so it isn't that ancient. The Delhi Durbar tiara was made for Queen Mary at around the same time that the Crown of India was made for King George V, when they travelled to India for the Durbar in 1911 and couldn't take the crowns they'd worn at their coronations because the crown jewels can't leave the country.

Princess Margaret was beautiful when she married. It's a classic bridal picture and the Poltimore was the icing on a wonerful cake. :eek:

i love the belgian tiara of luxembourg it is sooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful mabye one day i will wear it :p

Attachments

• belgium-2.jpg
    belgium-2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 5,586
  • Sybilla3.jpg
    Sybilla3.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 5,697
Last edited:
Jewels like the Delhi durbar tiara, may not be worn so much because of the imperial connotations/memories they evoke. Its a reminder of a time when Britain ruled India and was very much an imperial power. I mentioned this before in the Indian jewels thread, a lot of the magnificent jewels of India's nobility and royalty were "acquired" by or simply given to the Brits. For many people from the subcontinent (Indians/Pakistanis) they're not a pleasant reminder.

My favorite tiaras would have to be the following:

1) Londonderry Tiara

2) Westminister Tiara

3) Queen Alia's Cartier Tiara

4) Art Nouveau Tiara by Cartier: 1902, platinum, round-shaped old European and rose-cut diamonds in millegrain setting

Attachments

• londonderry_tiara.jpg
    londonderry_tiara.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 2,326
  • WESTMINSTER%20TIARA.jpg
    WESTMINSTER%20TIARA.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,044
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1OjszNCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAVEANVUVFbFxgdFRYBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1OjszNCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAVEANVUVFbFxgdFRYBR1JG.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 936
  • artth889.jpg
    artth889.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,626
Last edited:
"These are a few of my favorite Things..."

wymanda said:
Any one else want to tell about their favorite tiara?????
Here's a few of the tiaras that I like

Attachments

• FrenchSale2.jpg
    FrenchSale2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 846
  • fergietiara.jpg
    fergietiara.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,590
  • Eugenie-Diamond-and-Pearl2.jpg
    Eugenie-Diamond-and-Pearl2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 891
  • Empress-Marie-Louise's-Bridal-Crown.jpg
    Empress-Marie-Louise's-Bridal-Crown.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 5,254
  • CharlotteJewels.jpg
    CharlotteJewels.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 894
  • cartiertiara.jpg
    cartiertiara.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,804
  • BavarnRuby.jpg
    BavarnRuby.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,605
  • bagrationtiara.jpg
    bagrationtiara.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 842
  • Angouleme-Emerald2.jpg
    Angouleme-Emerald2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 852
  • CountessBarcelona.jpg
    CountessBarcelona.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 780
favorite things, Part II

OK, I have a lot of favorites...

Attachments

• queen_sophies_diamond_tiara_(greek)01.jpg
    queen_sophies_diamond_tiara_(greek)01.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 3,434
  • JosephineSwedenTiara.jpg
    JosephineSwedenTiara.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 740
  • thurn-taxistiara.jpg
    thurn-taxistiara.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 943
  • RussSaph.jpg
    RussSaph.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 2,153
  • swdishsaphtiara.jpg
    swdishsaphtiara.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,553
  • Rosse2.jpg
    Rosse2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,619
  • MarieLouiseEmer.jpg
    MarieLouiseEmer.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 544
  • kokoshniktiara.jpg
    kokoshniktiara.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 462
  • HORTENSETIARA.jpg
    HORTENSETIARA.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 731
Beautiful pictures! I have many, many favorites but if I *HAD* to make choices I would say the Empress Farah's Harry Winston one, QEII's "ivy" one that was given to her by the Nizam of Hyderabad (was broken up a few years ago :( ), and the Marie Pavlovna one that has interchangeable pearl and emerald drops, also owned by Her Majesty. There are so many, many that's it's hard to pick favorites!

Spanish Tiaras

Here are the main Spanish tiaras.

- Ansorena Fleur-de-Lys Tiara. This diamond and platinum tiara was a wedding gift from the Spanish firm Ansorena, to King Alfonso XIII, in 1906:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/Lakascha/Schmuck/fleur6.jpg

- Mellerio Shell Tiara. Made by the famous French firm Mellerio in 1867, this one was a wedding gift from Queen Isabella II, to the Infanta Maria Isabel:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/Lakascha/Schmuck/ansorena3.jpg

- Diamond Floral Tiara (MY FAVOURITE ONE). Made by the French jewelry firm Mellerio, this tiara was a wedding gift to Queen Sofia, from the Spanish people, in 1962. Infanta Cristina wore it on her wedding day:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/Lakascha/Schmuck/flora5.jpg

- The Imperial Tiara. This diamond and platinum tiara was a bride's father gift, from Kaiser Wilhelm II, to Princess Viktoria Luise of Prussia, in 1913. Queen Sofia wore it on her wedding day and so did Princess Letizia:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/Lakascha/Schmuck/hanover6.jpg

- Niarchos Ruby Necklace Tiara. This one was a wedding gift to Queen Sofia, from the Greek shipping magnate Stavros Niarchos, in 1962:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/Lakascha/Schmuck/ruby1.jpg

- Victoria Eugenie's Cartier Tiara:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/Lakascha/Schmuck/vicena5.jpg

Source:
http://royal-jewels.tripod.com/

Last edited:
Is that the French sapphire set that the Countess of Paris used to wear?

It's the Parure of the Queen Marie Amelie of France :) .... Last worn by the Duchess of Montpensier and sold by the count of Paris in 1997 :rolleyes:

This is my favourite.

Attachments

• 50837584.jpg
    50837584.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 532
  • 50837806.jpg
    50837806.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 523
  • 50837815.jpg
    50837815.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 732
Here's a nice photo a friend took of Empress Eugenie's pearl tiara, Queen Marie-Amelie's sapphire parure, and the Angouleme emerald tiara along w/ some other crowns on display at the Louvre. I was pissed that I missed the display.:mad:

Attachments

• tiara.jpg
    tiara.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,444
This is my all time favourite

f51ada80c4.jpg

I absolutely love this one of Maxima. I'ts so simple but so pretty with the stars.:)

Attachments

• hoofdmaxima%20copy.jpg
    hoofdmaxima%20copy.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,629
Last edited:
The Russian and Iranian royals have IMHO the finest overall collection ( a lot of the Russian ones have eneded up with the British royals so maybe that would be the more accurate term!;) ). I love Queen Elizabeth's Vladimir tiara but I guess my all-time favorite is the pink diamond one that belonged to the Empress Farah of Iran. Absolutely lovely piece. I also have a soft spot for the cameo tiara of the Swedish collection (and cannot wait to see Victoria wearing it on her wedding day).:)

This is my favourite:
1. Queen Rania's Diamond Tiara
2. A small diamond tiara - made for Princess Farahnaz for the coronation - made by Van Cleef and Arpels.
3. Belgian Empire Tiara

Attachments

• rania6.jpg
    rania6.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 2,774
  • Iran%20Farahnaz%20V%26A.jpg
    Iran%20Farahnaz%20V%26A.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,501
  • Queen%20Astrid2.jpg
    Queen%20Astrid2.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,541
Last edited:
1. CHAUMET DIAMOND & PEARL TIARA​
2. DIAMOND ART DECO TIARA-This is my absolutely favourite​

Attachments

• LUX%20Chaumet%20Diamond%20and%20Pearl.jpg
    LUX%20Chaumet%20Diamond%20and%20Pearl.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 1,945
  • Chaumet%20%20Diamond%20%26%20Pearl.jpg
    Chaumet%20%20Diamond%20%26%20Pearl.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 908
  • diamondartdecotiara.jpg
    diamondartdecotiara.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,097
  • LUX%20Prss%20Sybilla%2C%20born%20Sybilla%20Weiler.jpg
    LUX%20Prss%20Sybilla%2C%20born%20Sybilla%20Weiler.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,759
  • lux%20tir%20sybilla%201.jpg
    lux%20tir%20sybilla%201.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,675
Last edited:
hilal said:
[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]2. A small emerald tiara - made for Princess Farahnaz for the coronation - made by Van Cleef and Arpels.[/font]
I think this is a diamonds tiara, I don't see a green stone (emerald) on it. I agree that this tiara is absolutely beautiful:) .

Last edited:
This is my second favorite Tiara in two versions that I like alot!

Thanks once again to Danjel!

Attachments

• Tiara-Lovers Knot1.jpg
    Tiara-Lovers Knot1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 5,816
  • Tiara-Lovers Knot5(Saxony).jpg
    Tiara-Lovers Knot5(Saxony).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 779
Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what happened to the Saxony Version (The second one I posted)? You never see it.

These are more of my favorite Tiaras!

Attachments

• Tiara - Mellerio Floral 3.jpg
    Tiara - Mellerio Floral 3.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,413
  • Tiara-Pearl Necklace2.jpg
    Tiara-Pearl Necklace2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,354
  • Tiara - Belgium2.jpg
    Tiara - Belgium2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 664
  • Tiara - Aigrette1.jpg
    Tiara - Aigrette1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,345
  • Tiara - Pearl & Diamond2.jpg
    Tiara - Pearl & Diamond2.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,674
  • Tiara - Netherland.jpg
    Tiara - Netherland.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 669
The Imperial Jewels of Iran

galuhcandrakirana said:
I think this is a diamonds tiara, I don't see a green stone (emerald) on it. I agree that this tiara is absolutely beautiful:) .
Yes
It is correct. To the coronation Van Cleef and Arpels made emerald tiaras the Empress and Princesses (Shams, Sahnaz, Fatemeh). I think that is diamond.
The Imperial Jewels of Iran:
1. This rather unique crown is the one worn by the Shahbanou of Iran on the 26th October 1967, thus the Empress of Iran’s Crown. Weighting only 1.950 kg, the crown is admirable for its elegance and oriental aspect, mingled with modernity. The crown includes 1545 stones mounted in white gold: 36 rubies, 36 emeralds, 105 pearls and 1469 diamonds, all selected from the loose gems of the treasure. The largest emerald is to be seen in the centre of the biggest sunburst, in the front of the crown.
2-3-4. Above, a spectacular tiara of diamonds and nine cabochon-cut emeralds created by Van Cleef & Arpels for HIH Princess Shahnaz of Iran, the oldest daughter of the Shah, to wear at the Coronation of 1967. The tiara is part of a parure composed of the tiara, a necklace and the pair of earrings seen below the tiara, all with cabochon-cut emeralds and old-cut diamonds, loose stones from the treasure. At the coronation ceremony Princess Shahnaz wore only the tiara and the earrings, wearing the necklace on the same evening to attend opera and the ball. The emerald and diamond necklace which is part of the parure created by Van Cleef & Arpels for HIH Princess Shahnaz of Iran. The Princess wore this necklace only on the evening of the Coronation Day as her attire was complete with the tiara and the earrings on the ceremony itself.
5.This tiara was worn by HIH Princess Fatemeh of Iran at the coronation ceremony of her half-brother, the Shah. The Princess has Qajar blood in her veins and she was curiously the only one to wear a Qajar Tiara, from the treasure. The tiara is in form of sunburst and each of the rays ends either with a pearl or an emerald. The central stone is a spinel.
6-7-8. The three pieces above form emerald and diamond parure created by Van Cleef & Arpels for HIH Princess Shams of Iran, the elder sister of the Shah. The tiara is formed by diamonds and square emeralds, apart of the one on the centre top. The necklace, with ten square cut emeralds, was not actually worn by Princess Shams during the celebrations, since at the ceremony she only wore the tiara and the earrings and on the evening she wore different jewels.
9. A beautiful diamond and ruby tiara made for HIH Princess Ashraf of Iran, the twin sister of the Shah of Iran, that she wore on the evening of the Coronation Day, at the opera and the ball.
10. A diamond and emerald necklace from the Crown Jewels, made by Van Cleef & Arpels for the Coronation. The necklace, mounted in platinum and gold, is composed by an enormous engraved hexagonal emerald, mounted in pendant and surrounded by diamonds of old cut, of four big square emeralds and five smaller ones, (all surrounded by diamonds), four hanging pear pearls and eleven yellow diamonds of very good size.

Attachments

• farah.jpg
    farah.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 13,081
  • shahnaz1.jpg
    shahnaz1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 2,044
  • shahnaz3.jpg
    shahnaz3.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,946
  • shahnaz2.jpg
    shahnaz2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 2,539
  • fatemeh.jpg
    fatemeh.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 19,807
  • shams1.jpg
    shams1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 10,718
  • shams2.jpg
    shams2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 9,681
  • shams3.jpg
    shams3.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 9,073
  • ashraf2.jpg
    ashraf2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 2,171
  • farahnecklace.jpg
    farahnecklace.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 13,147
Last edited:
michelleq said:
These are more of my favorite Tiaras!

I think the last one was originally a necklace, belonging to Grand Duchess Elena Vladimirovna of Russia, mother off Marina, duchess of Kent (nee Princess of Greece & Denmark). Marina is here wearing it as a tiara, and she took 2 of the circles to function as earrings. I wonder who owns it now. I do not believe I hae seen either the duchess of Kent, Princess Michael or Princess Alexandra with this piece (so they probably sold it).

michelleq said:
Does anyone know what happened to the Saxony Version (The second one I posted)? You never see it.

THis is a THIRD Lovers' Knot. It belongs to the Bavarian RF

Attachments

• bAVARlOVERkNOT.jpg
    bAVARlOVERkNOT.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 7,460
Last edited:
micas said:
Without any dout they are just perfect!
Yes, you are right. But Pierre Arpels hardly made one year these jewels. Starting from October 1966 he got the order of Shah. The date and the stones were short were not allowed not from the country to bring outside. P. A. drove 24 with the opportunity to Teheran. Starting from November 1966 it examined four days in the treasury into the crates. It was to which for many years does not open gebte it up. Starting from September 1967 the Shah and the Shahbanou the result presented.

Last edited:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Rysa/fetch.jpg

Madame la Comtesse de Paris.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Rysa/bce41607.jpg

Her Royal Highness the Princess Adelaide Jeanne Marie d'Orleans, Madam d'Evreux, seen here wearing her late Grandmother's - Her Royal Highness the Princess Isabelle of Orléans-Braganca, Duchess of Orléans, of Valois, of Chartres, of Guise, of Vendome, of Enghien, of Penthievre, of Aumale, of Nemours and of Montpensier, Dauphine of Auvergne, Princess of Joinville, Princess of Condé, etc., titular Countess of Paris - bridal tiara.

Its an art-deco diamond & saphire tiara mounted on a base of white gold, made by Mellerio and presented to the late Comtesse by Action Francaise as a wedding present. There are three diamond Fleur de Lys shaped motiffs located at the top of the ornament. A symbol associated, and used by the Royal families of France for centuries.

Definitly one of, if not my favourite.

"MII"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom