Favorite perfumes of the Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfume and Royals

I've been searching to find a thread about perfume and royals, but so far I haven't found one. But if there already excist one thread like that, I really apology for the inconvenience of starting this thread, and I do respect that this thread must be deleted then.

Now, royal people need to have some privacy. But still I wonder about skincare, perfume and such. It isn't exactly etikette to ask a royal persons these questions either. But does anyone happen to know what perfumes royal people wear? Some times things kind of personal comes out in an interview that is really about something else. In example, princess Märtha Louise were interviewed about something absolutely not about food, still you could read that her husband is a great cook. As an example.

So, does any of you have info of perfume that someone royal has worn or do wear or....you know....?

I've read somewhere a name of a perfume Queen Sonja like, but unfortunately I cannot remember the source so I cannot write it here. I'm not sure the source was reliable, but it is just a perfum, not another more serious rumour. But still, I think I can't post it.

Thank you! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The late Diana, Princess of Wales is said to have loved Dior's "Diorissimo"...I tried that one a long time ago and I couldn't bear it...to me it smells like insect repellant!

MarieChantal told House and Garden she uses Annick Goutal eau de cologne.

One of the favourite perfumes of Princess Grace was Arpege de Lanvin:flowers:

Royal Fragrances and Perfumes

Hello-
Are there any threads or information on the perfumes/fragrances that the royals wear?

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfume is one of my passion. Following are the favorites perfumes of:
Princess Diana: Diorissimo de Dior, 24 Faubourg d'Hermès, Héritage de Guerlain;
Princess Grace of Monaco: Arpège de Lanvin;
Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece: Eau d'Hadrien de Goutal;
Empress Eugénie of France: Eau impériale de Guerlain;
Queen Béatrix of Netherlands: Private Collection d'Estée Lauder.

Thanks for the list! :flowers: I had no idea. I wish I could contribute to this thread as much as you did, but I have only read that Q.Rania's favourite perfume is Bulgari. So, this is the only thing I know for sure. ;)

Somewhere I read that Q. Rania (I think) liked Creed fragrances. I think it is from the UK. Noor - are you familiar with it?

Sure, these fragrances are very popular here, but I've never heard of this before. Rania might like that too, but her favourite perfume is Bulgari (the classic version), as far as I know.

Maybe I am confusing her with another Royal. I just remember reading about Creed fragrances, I thought, on TRF. I do like Bulgari too. Very nice..

Creed's perfume Fleurissimo is associated with Princess Grace because it is often stated that it was "commissioned" for her to wear at her wedding - I'm not sure if this means it was actually created for her - there's a subtle difference in the terminology!. However the House of Creed has many royal connections.
See link below.
House of Creed

:previous: Very interesting! Thanks for providing this link Elly C.!!! :flowers:

I wear Creed my grandmother wore Spring Flower in the last years of her life [very racy] and I enjoy thinking of her ....have just bought their tuberose and really like it ..wonder what Mary wears.

Creed's perfume Fleurissimo is associated with Princess Grace because it is often stated that it was "commissioned" for her to wear at her wedding - I'm not sure if this means it was actually created for her - there's a subtle difference in the terminology!. However the House of Creed has many royal connections.
See link below.
House of Creed
The Princess of Saudia Arabia wears CREED and buys tons of it
I was at the CREED Boutique in May on Madison Avenue when her driver came in asking for testors for her to sample/smell. That was in a Saturday. She was back again during the week to buy more! I have pictures on my iPhone of her motorcade but cannot upload them here. Did not get a picture of her though as her bodyguard was watching me!

What about Princess Maxima? Does anyone know which perfume she uses?

Royal Perfumes etc?

I'm quite sure that there is a thread somewhere on TRF about the types of perfumes and aftershaves etc worn by royalty but I cannot find it! I went into Penhaligons the other day (Penhaligons is By Royal Appointment and apparently Queen Elizabeth II uses their products) and ended up spending a fortune on some products for Chistmas presents! The lady serving said she was not allowed to tell me what perfume the Queen uses and I'm sure I've read it somewhere here!

Odette I beg to difer about late Princess Diana's perfume... she just used alot Annick Goutal Gardenia Passion.
Eau De Cologne
Parfum
and Eau de Parfum... so just saying eau de cologne sound too vague...
Concentration:
Perfume types reflect the concentration of aromatic compounds in a solvent, which in fine fragrance is typically ethanol or a mix of water and ethanol. Various sources differ considerably in the definitions of perfume types. The concentration by percent/volume of perfume oil is as follows:
  • Perfume extract (Extrait): 15-40% (IFRA: typical 20%) aromatic compounds
  • Eau de Parfum (EdP), Parfum de Toilette (PdT): 10-20% (typical ~15%) aromatic compounds. Sometimes listed as "eau de perfume" or "millésime".
  • Eau de Toilette (EdT): 5-15% (typical ~10%) aromatic compounds
  • Eau de Cologne (EdC): Chypre citrus type perfumes with 3-8% (typical ~5%) aromatic compounds
  • Splash and After shave: 1-3% aromatic compounds
Perfume oils are often diluted with a solvent, though this is not always the case, and its necessity is disputed. By far the most common solvent for perfume oil dilution is ethanol or a mixture of ethanol and water. Perfume oil can also be diluted by means of neutral-smelling oils such as fractionated coconut oil, or liquid waxes such as jojoba oil.
The intensity and longevity of a perfume is based on the concentration, intensity and longevity of the aromatic compounds (natural essential oils / perfume oils) used: As the percentage of aromatic compounds increases, so does the intensity and longevity of the scent created. Different perfumeries or perfume houses assign different amounts of oils to each of their perfumes. Therefore, although the oil concentration of a perfume in Eau de Parfum (EdP) dilution will necessarily be higher than the same perfume in Eau de Toilette (EdT) from within the same range, the actual amounts can vary between perfume houses. An EdT from one house may be stronger than an EdP from another.
Men's fragrances are rarely sold as EdP or perfume extracts; equally so, women's fragrances are rarely sold in EdC concentrations. Although this gender specific naming trend is common for assigning fragrance concentrations, it does not directly have anything to do with whether a fragrance was intended for men or women. Furthermore, some fragrances with the same product name but having a different concentration name may not only differ in their dilutions, but actually use different perfume oil mixtures altogether. For instance, in order to make the EdT version of a fragrance brighter and fresher than its EdP, the EdT oil may be "tweaked" to contain slightly more top notes or fewer base notes. In some cases, words such as extrême, intense, or concentrée that might indicate aromatic concentration are actually completely different fragrances, related only because of a similar perfume accord. An example of this is Chanel's Pour Monsieur and Pour Monsieur Concentrée
Perfume types reflect the concentration of aromatic compounds in a solvent, which in fine fragrance is typically ethanol or a mix of water and ethanol. Various sources differ considerably in the definitions of perfume types. The concentration by percent/volume of perfume oil is as follows:
  • Perfume extract (Extrait): 15-40% (IFRA: typical 20%) aromatic compounds
  • Eau de Parfum (EdP), Parfum de Toilette (PdT): 10-20% (typical ~15%) aromatic compounds. Sometimes listed as "eau de perfume" or "millésime".
  • Eau de Toilette (EdT): 5-15% (typical ~10%) aromatic compounds
  • Eau de Cologne (EdC): Chypre citrus type perfumes with 3-8% (typical ~5%) aromatic compounds
  • Splash and After shave: 1-3% aromatic compounds
Perfume oils are often diluted with a solvent, though this is not always the case, and its necessity is disputed. By far the most common solvent for perfume oil dilution is ethanol or a mixture of ethanol and water. Perfume oil can also be diluted by means of neutral-smelling oils such as fractionated coconut oil, or liquid waxes such as jojoba oil.
The intensity and longevity of a perfume is based on the concentration, intensity and longevity of the aromatic compounds (natural essential oils / perfume oils) used: As the percentage of aromatic compounds increases, so does the intensity and longevity of the scent created. Different perfumeries or perfume houses assign different amounts of oils to each of their perfumes. Therefore, although the oil concentration of a perfume in Eau de Parfum (EdP) dilution will necessarily be higher than the same perfume in Eau de Toilette (EdT) from within the same range, the actual amounts can vary between perfume houses. An EdT from one house may be stronger than an EdP from another.
Men's fragrances are rarely sold as EdP or perfume extracts; equally so, women's fragrances are rarely sold in EdC concentrations. Although this gender specific naming trend is common for assigning fragrance concentrations, it does not directly have anything to do with whether a fragrance was intended for men or women. Furthermore, some fragrances with the same product name but having a different concentration name may not only differ in their dilutions, but actually use different perfume oil mixtures altogether. For instance, in order to make the EdT version of a fragrance brighter and fresher than its EdP, the EdT oil may be "tweaked" to contain slightly more top notes or fewer base notes. In some cases, words such as extrême, intense, or concentrée that might indicate aromatic concentration are actually completely different fragrances, related only because of a similar perfume accord. An example of this is Chanel's Pour Monsieur and Pour Monsieur Concentrée

Princess Grace & Flora by Gucci

Gucciparfum (see Story of Flora chapter 3)

I'm not sure whether this was mentioned before. The Queen Mother used to like Boucheron perfumes, I don't know which one(s) though.:flowers:

I had read somehwre that the Queen previously wore Bal a Versailles and I thought that cannot be correct as it was a rather strong fragrance.Does anybody have a clue as to what she wears? if anything?What did Diana wear? Thanks in advance

I had read somehwre that the Queen previously wore Bal a Versailles and I thought that cannot be correct as it was a rather strong fragrance.Does anybody have a clue as to what she wears? if anything?What did Diana wear? Thanks in advance

I once read that Lady Di liked L'Air du Temps.

Lol what a Kate-Hype! I bet every one of those people who ordered the perfume never smelt it before. :) Hope the DoC stays with using a lot of british brands especially little, unknown ones. :) I think a Royal doesn't have to wear always the most expensive labels but stay more with the brands from her/ his own country. Good Job, Kate, so far :)

Kate Middleton's perfume used on her wedding day

White Gardenia Petals by a small British company, Illuminum
Source

Thank you so much Artemisia :queen4:! there is lots of information in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom