Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 9: June 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrownPrincessJava

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Adelaide
Country
Australia

Welcome to Part 9 of the thread for the Fashion and Style of royal men!

You can find the old thread here:

** Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 8: July 2022 - June 2024 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Daniel and Carl Philip yesterday evening at Orup's concert at Solliden Sessions, this summer's first concert. They had raincoats with them just in case of the rain.
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Maybe it's just me, but I'm over Prince Albert's white dinner jacket with tuxedo trousers. It's just so awful, and the red bow tie makes it worse. That was his ensemble at the Red Cross Ball tonight, and I wish for once he'd wear a proper tuxedo with a black bow tie. He can have a red pocket square if he wants.

King Carl Gustaf with sneakers at E-Type's concert on July 16 at Solliden.
Daniel
Pic
Carl Philip
Pic

I am sorry but King Frederik is far behind King Felipe , King Philippe , King Charles III, the Grand Duke of Luxembourg. They are elegant dressed as Kings et have a Royal look.

We have to agree to disagree on that one😉
I'll try to reply to you again and just say I agree. Frederik looks great. Love his style and his laid back and approachable and authentic demeanor. He never looks like he's being anything other than himself. He is not playing a role he just is the role he occupies.

I'll try to reply to you again and just say I agree. Frederik looks great. Love his style and his laid back and approachable and authentic demeanor. He never looks like he's being anything other than himself. He is not playing a role he just is the role he occupies.
It's like you are saying he never looks like he's being anything other than himself, and that's why I love his style!

Been a while since I was around her. Not that there is that much going on lately. Everybody are summer casual or Olympic-casual.
Here we have King Frederik on the job.
Yeah, nice tie, but a little deep red wouldn't go amiss. To break the blue on white and blue.

Here we have King Frederik again, in one of his school-teacher pants. Faded mustard colored. Sigh! An interesting belt you occasionally see middle-aged dads wear in public, presumably spurred on by their vengeful children. I notice there is a flooding in the basement home at Amalienborg these days, hence why his trouser legs are too short.

Here we have one of my favorites. The indomitable Daniel. He never disappoints. Nor on this occasion.
He and his wife are here wearing the archetypical summer-cottage outfit for evening walks.
You'll see hordes of such couples walking up and down beaches, strolling along every possible track and path through forest and heaths. They are all, without exception, dressed like this. The colors may vary, but otherwise all Scandinavian couple from 28 and up are dressed like that between 19.15-22.15.
Some sort of cap. A raincoat. Long trousers, because ticks and mosquitos are out in force at that time of day. A vest of some sort is mandatory for all men past 40. And everybody wear white sneakers, because your wife bought a matching pair for her and him. And fair enough, they are comfortable.
As certain as we hear amen said in church at around 19.00, regardless of the weather, every single wife will say: "Let's go for a walk." Every single husband will sigh: "Sure." Because we would so much more like to just put our feet up and enjoy a beer and just let time pass by.
Okay, apart from having to lift your feet when you'd much rather not, it's really not that big an ordeal, because your wife does all the talking. All you have to do is grunt every few seconds.
And you can tell that's exactly what's happening here. Victoria is happily letting her mouth go on auto, even while posing. While the grunting Daniel has obviously just realized that there is a photographer.
This ritual walkabout takes 1-2 hours and then you can finally sit down and just relax - enjoy the pastry you were prudent enough to buy earlier when you walked the dog to the kiosk... and enjoy a cup of coffee or cocoa in front of the stove or fireplace.

Another one of Daniel wearing a summer-evening-casual-going-out attire.
Daniel, being a man is of course dressed practical. Long pants, mosquitos remember. A warm slip over, that his wife may eventually commandeer and sensible shoes. When the evening dew fall, it can suddenly be quite chilly. And of course a raincoat. - Being Swedish Daniel naturally opts for the discreet, some would say boring, look. Victoria however is dressed like all the other wives. There is no way she would opt for closed shoes, despite wet grass, the cool weather and rain, let alone mosquitos. Instead she carry a blanket, which Daniel will soon be "asked" to carry...
Daniel is still wearing the white sneakers Victoria bought for him. After putting them on, he discovered they were quite comfortable and Victoria can now just about convince him to take them off in bed.
To sum: At every outdoor evening event in Scandinavia you will notice that all married couple, without exception, are dressed like that.

Finally we have King Frederik again.
Nice pants, eh? And notice how they match his shoes. This ladies is what happens when your husband by accident buys his own shoes and pants. He does not buy white sneakers.
Notice is his belt. It's... patterned...
However, he is now wearing the belt, not to keep his pants up. No, he has long since reached the age where belts are worn loose and under the belly. Comfort taking priority over minor details like looking good wearing pants. But at least we can still see the belt, that is not always the case for gentlemen past 50...
As a result his trouserlegs are dropping into his shoes, not over the shoes. But don't worry, we love it that way. The idea that you could somehow fold the legs so they are not buried in the shoes, will not occur to the average man. - That is those who can actually reach their feet...

Back
Top Bottom