Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Australia - April 16-25, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I´m a bit surprised that there are no photos of the family´s landing back in England..?!

Why? It isn't normal for them to be shown returning from overseas tours anymore. It used to happen when they did long tours but these short tours don't rate it.

They returned on a commercial flight, so I doubt there was much opportunity for photography at Heathrow. If they didn't leave the terminal through a public exit, they would never have been in a position to be photographed.

It's a little old now so it might not be a good representation of how things work today, but the BBC documentary Airport followed the operations at the Royal Suite (among other parts of the airport), and if I remember correctly, when they had dignitaries arrive on a commercial flight they sent a car to pick them up right at the gate.

Last edited:
Types of Engagements by William and Kate on their tour Down Under 2014

Together:
1 Received by ...
1 Tea Party
2 Laid Wreath
1 Flying Day
1 State Reception
17 Visit
1 Sailing
2 Opened
2 Church Service
1 Rugby
1 Wine Tasting
1 Jetboat
2 Met people
1 Luncheon
1 Unveiled
1 Received
5 Reception
1 Easter Show
1 Surf Lifesaving
1 ANZAC Ceremony

TOTAL - 44

William Alone
2 Investiture
3 Received
1 Visit

TOUR TOTAL - 50

Kate Alone
1 Visit

TOUR TOTAL - 45

I know I am definitely in the wrong thread, but I just wanted to know, should / when / if William becomes King, will Catherine be called Queen Catherine ?

I know I am definitely in the wrong thread, but I just wanted to know, should / when / if William becomes King, will Catherine be called Queen Catherine ?

Yes, Her Majesty The Queen and Queen Catherine afterwards.

Why? It isn't normal for them to be shown returning from overseas tours anymore. It used to happen when they did long tours but these short tours don't rate it.

What "short tour"?! If this wasn´t long I don´t know which is...?!

I remember lots of situations Royals being photographed after returning from a visit (I guess by non-officially accredited photographers); Prince Harry after his "infamous" trip to Vegas comes to my mind, for instance.

It´s such a long flight from Australia to Europe and I thought it kind of "comforting" having them seen landing safely back home again.

Last edited:
I´m a bit surprised that there are no photos of the family´s landing back in England..?!

Considering how many pictures we have been lucky to see over the last 3 weeks, I think taking pictures of them arriving home is a bit overkill. Plus, who really wants to be photographed after traveling from one side of the earth to the other? I have done it and the last thing I wanted was to have to smile for photographs as I was exhausted. We need to cut the Cambridge's some slack here.

Quantas tweeted the royals were home Saturday morning. A picture isn't really needed to prove they got home safely. It is not like a large airplane crashing would not make the news.

:previous: Right. And Charles and Diana's tour in 1983 was six weeks, followed that summer by a tour of Canada.

:sad:I am having withdrawals today for I am missing the Cambridge's on tour. It was lovely to see them and their cute little boy out and about in NZ and A and learning about the history. What a wonderful couple and still so in love with each other. William sure has learnt the lessons of his father on how not to treat a wife. He is such a credit to his family and their history and I know more good things will be coming from him in the future.

Australian milliner Jonathon Howard - who created the "Boutton" hat worn by the Duchess of Cambridge on her last official engagement of the recent Royal Tour, the Anzac Day Service and Parade - has been touched by the "Kate Effect".

Yesterday's newspaper - now also online - explained how he was approached in January to provide something for the Duchess to wear when here in Australia.

"Net-A-Porter" and "Club 21" have approached him to now provide large orders for their Northern Hemisphere Summer Campaigns - available in June.

He is used to making hats for clients one at a time - so is "amazed and thrilled" by what has happened.

Good Luck Jonathon. (And I really liked that hat.)

Last edited:

The pictures are great. I just came across them and although these are personal and private moments of a mother and father playing with their son, it's a beautiful thing to see too.

I really liked these photos too polyesco and Dman - actually little Prince George's first Easter Egg hunt.

(You can see the foil-wrapped eggs in a couple of the shots - behind PG in one, and in a line between the Duchess and the Duke in another.)

So first trip to a zoo and first Easter Egg Hunt, first Royal Tour, and in New Zealand, first official engagement - busy Prince George getting a lot of firsts done on this visit.

I am not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but there Australian Prime minister Tony Abbott was accused of breaching royal protocol by putting his arm around Prince William here
This made me wonder if the the Governor General's Wife breached protocol when she shook little Prince George's hand when the Cambridge's arrived in Australia? I am just wondering?

If so, people would have to be think the same about the hugging the Duchess got at Uluru - some serious hugging for her there from the locals at the end of the Aboriginal ceremony.

Speaking of Lupo, is anyone else thinking that Lupo is engaged in a staring contest with George's giant wombat in the middle of Kensington Palace because that's what I am picturing. :)

Well Skippyboo that could well be happening, as Oz TV covered the Sydney departure, and we all got a good look at the giant wombat on the luggage trolley along with the Duchess' three hat boxes.

(Also, some footage of the transfer between the RAAF Canberra arrival and the Qantas departure from Sydney - again the Royal party walking through the terminal - and little PG being strapped in his car seat for the quick drive from one to the other.)

Somewhere in all the information broadcast and written, I picked up that it won't be that long before the Duke and Duchess are back - it will be within three or four years.

They said they will not be leaving it as long between Royal Tours as in past years.

Last edited:
Geez. What is up with these magazines? Obviously they have nothing better to write about. So rude.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

I find it silly to go on and on about it. Okay, the wind blew her dress up a bit. What they want us to do about it? Jump out of a window?

I find it silly to go on and on about it. Okay, the wind blew her dress up a bit. What they want us to do about it? Jump out of a window?

Perhaps we're supposed to react with shock and awe as us mere mortals realize that even the royals of this world are anatomically correct, do not command the wind and (gasp) even have mishaps from time to time. :whistling:

Perhaps we're supposed to react with shock and awe as us mere mortals realize that even the royals of this world are anatomically correct, do not command the wind and (gasp) even have mishaps from time to time. :whistling:

;) I just find it crazy that they make such a big deal about it.

;) I just find it crazy that they make such a big deal about it.

Perhaps because it's something that keeps on happening and isn't exactly contributing to Catherine's professional appearance.

Perhaps because it's something that keeps on happening and isn't exactly contributing to Catherine's professional appearance.

I don't know, perhaps she should start wearing steel dresses. It may hurt though. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If it bothered Catherine she would do something about it...so it obviously doesn't bother her. She works so hard to be a royal and so often dresses like just another celebrity.

I don't know, perhaps she should start wearing steel dresses. It may hurt though. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes, because every professional woman in the world who is able to do their jobs with minimal wardrobe malfunctions do so while wearing steel dresses.

Kate supporters need to be a little less ridiculous here. If she had wardrobe malfunctions less frequently it would be one thing - if once in awhile her dress blew up or it was a little too short or whatever it would be one thing, especially if she was doing a larger number of visible engagements. The occasional slip up would go rather unnoticed and be no big deal - as it is when Anne, Sophie, the Queen, or countless others have an occasional slip in wardrobe.

However, Kate consistently wears outfits that are not appropriate for her activities. She wears skirts that are too short for a professional environment, that are not made to be worn outdoors on windy days, etc. She wears heals that, while gorgeous, aren't always appropriate to what she's doing on an engagement. She fails to pull her hair back when an engagement - or a dress or the jewels she's wearing - calls for more restrained hair.

I get that you're male and don't necessarily have to think about all of this when you get dressed for work in the morning, but it's something that professional women think about frequently. It's something that bears thought when you're wearing a dress or heals or have long hair. But it's something that Kate consistently fails to consider when she gets dressed for engagements.

While Kate may be dressing spectacularly for a woman of her age when she's not working, she is consistently failing to dress for her role and position. Steel dresses aren't required, but a bit of consideration is.

And it is a big deal. If Kate was simply a professional who represented the government or a charity or another organization then she would be out of a job for failing to dress in an appropriate manner. But, even though she's fulfilled all of these roles, she gets off as she can't really be fired, no matter how inappropriately she dresses for her job.

IMO it is photoshopped.

Took way to long to turn up
Other media were present but saw nothing
and bluntly - Catherine does not have that shape. One of the problems she has with the fitting of her clothes is that she is "sans derriere" - hence the hems that droop.

^^^ I agree. I think the main reason not a single British tabloid bought this pic is because its of dubious origin. Technically it doesn't violate her privacy and the only paper to buy happens to be the cheapest tabloid in Europe?

I'm glad you broached the subject of Kate's bum because both of my sisters immediately cried foul because they said Kate simple doesn't have the bum for that sort of pick.

I say photoshop

Back
Top Bottom