Death and Funeral of Prince Michael of Greece: July 28 & August 1, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's very sad news. May he rest in peace.

Will he be buried in the Tatoi Royal Cemetery?

Post by French journalist Stephane Bern about Prince Michael's death:

Message from Margareta, Custodian of the Crown, on the death of Prince Michael:

May he rest in peace.

Condolences to his wife, daughters and grandchildren.

I am devastated.

Just saw it in IG. I'm so chocked. I admired him so much. RiP.
Last year in funeral of HMLK Konstantine he looked very frale, but i though it was the

He was the best informed Royal . I wrote him about his Books and he aswered on light blue Paper ..
He was so sad not to be at as Prince of Greece behind the Coffin of the Duke of Edinburgh.
The very last great respectful Prince of the Past.

He was the best informed Royal . I wrote him about his Books and he aswered on light blue Paper ..
He was so sad not to be at as Prince of Greece behind the Coffin of the Duke of Edinburgh.
Lady Pamela Hicks is now the only first cousin of Prince Philip still with us.

Michael was an exceptional man.

Wow, why not?

Wow, why not?
Prince Philip died during the pandemic which limited both international travels and the number of guests allowed at British funerals.

It's quite the twist of fate that the last two living great-grandchildren of King Christian IX and Queen Louise, Christian Castenskiold and Prince Michael, died within two weeks of each other.

Very sad to hear… Even if 85 is by all measures a full life, i have to admit it still took me by surprise.

With him, an enormous amount of knowledge of royal and imperial dynasties, and personal memories of previous generations, is gone forever :(

All my thoughts to Marina, Alexandra and Olga with families

Rest in Peace

He was a fun man. Definitely not someone in danger of ever being mistaken for someone else.

No word from Pavlos yet?

What shocking news! May he rest in peace

The last images I have of Michael, he looked very weak, I imagine it was due to his age.
All my thoughts to his family
Rest in Peace

I remember seeing the video of him bowing to King Constantine's casket at the funeral a few years ago. He bowed so with such respect, dignity, and meaning, I was moved to watch it. Princes of a younger generation would do well to follow that example to see what nobility is.

A lovely tribute and photo from French tv presentor / royalty journalist Stephane Bern, who says the sun of Greece lost its shine today:

HRH was a very elegant, erudite aristocrat. I own a book he wrote about the Sun King Louis XIV of whom Prince Michael himself was a descendant.

May he RIP

A true gentleman , who never complained , and lived an elegant , and productive life . My prayers go to his beloved wife and family . Dei Gratia

Rest in Peace Prince Michael of Greece.

The funeral service of Prince Michael will be held on Thursday, August 1, 2024 at the Holy Church of Saints Theodoros of the First Cemetery of Athens at 12:00 pm. Burial will follow at Tatoiou Cemetery.

In lieu of a wreath, the family prefers a donation to the ELIZA Society Against Child Abuse.

Office of the former Royal Family of Greece –

I am sure Members of the Orleans family will attend. When his Mother died , he was 14 and the Prince lived at his Uncle the Count de Paris's home.

I'm a bit confused. Reports say that he is the last surviving great-grandchild of Christian X. Well, if he's a first cousin to the late King Constantine, wouldn't the last survivors be Queen Sofia and Princess Irene or do I have the generations mixed up?

I'm a bit confused. Reports say that he is the last surviving great-grandchild of Christian X. Well, if he's a first cousin to the late King Constantine, wouldn't the last survivors be Queen Sofia and Princess Irene or do I have the generations mixed up?
I believe he was a first cousin of King Paul, the father of Constantine, Sofia and Irene

Probably the got the number wrong. he was the last great-grandchild of Christian IX. From Christian X. he is no descendant. And Sofia and Irene are great-great-granddaughters of Christian IX.

Back
Top Bottom