Death and Funeral of Prince Michael of Greece: July 28 & August 1, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To me it looks like (as you say) a family that don’t see each other very often greets each other outisde of the Chapel before the ceremony starts..

It’s hard to predict how people will react as it is so individual how we react to grief… Some will be visibly upset and show lots of emotions in public… Others are not comfortable crying in front of cameras and maybe puts om a smile to spare personal reactions to more private moments
Thankyou for your comment Hans-Rickard , I was worried at how it might be perceived . Prince Michael was obviously a much loved , and respected member of his family . He had a wry / dry wit in both his writing , and his appearances on television .

I couldn't get over how tiny the church was ,there was nice family turn out from Greece and Spain.

Claude d'Orléans, former Duchess of Aosta, first cousin of late Pcs Michel and also mother in law of Pcs Olga seems not to be present. She posted a lovely message when Stephan Bern announced the death, but she apparently did not travel.
Pcs Michel for at least 10 years lived in the same house with these cousins. Remains to see how many of them are still alive. The Dowager Duchess of Wurtenberg, the former Duchess of Aosta, Pcs Chantal and Pcs Anne at least. I don't know about males. No-one of them is young, so they might not be able to travel.. especially in such hot days.
The funeral was also very soon, only 4 days after his death. Perhaps in addition to health Issues some also had not the time to make arrangements to travel to Athens so fast.

Last edited:
I should have like to see on the first row his two daughters , their husbands and his grand children he loved so much. And behind all the Greeks (7)

Yesterday I was going through Prince Michael's Instagram pictures and the messages he posted describing each one, with so many details on the family members on each photo. It was both moving and sad that this account was an outlet to keep and share his life with the world and so many relatives that he lost contact with also replied to him on his posts.

Some of the replies where from a new generation of family members he was probably not acquainted with, I recall one photo he shared, and the reply was 'she's here with me now' looking at his Instagram album.

He is now, like so many of his royal relatives, part of those memories himself.
Rest in peace, Prince Michael, and thanks for letting us into your world via the Instagram account. Seen how much love you had for your family members and your memories of them was very moving.

I saw an Instagram post featuring Princess Anne, Duchess of Calabria, and her daughter, Princess Inés. Also present were Prince João Henrique of Braganza and Princess Mafalda of Savoy-Aosta. Prince Michael was dearly beloved in royal circles. May he rest in peace.

I saw an Instagram post featuring Princess Anne, Duchess of Calabria, and her daughter, Princess Inés. Also present were Prince João Henrique of Braganza and Princess Mafalda of Savoy-Aosta. Prince Michael was dearly beloved in royal circles. May he rest in peace.
Also the Duke and Duchess of Chartres

Unfortunately i couldn't recognize in such small pictures any other except the Greek and Spanish part. I don't know if them
Even Pcs Victoria and Markos Nomikos i didn't see them.
I learned yesterday that Pcs Michel was also connected to King Juan Carlos as his mother and the countess of Barcelona were 2nd cousins.

Can someone recognize this blond lady walking before Queen Sophia and Prince Amedeo?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom