Danish (State) Visits: General Discussion, Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope that there will be a State Visit to the Netherlands soon. The last one was in the 1970's to Queen Juliana. For some reason Queen Beatrix never invited Margrethe for a State Visit.

I didn't realise Margrethe II never paid a state visit to The Netherlands during Beatrix' reign. Quite odd indeed.

I am curious to see if the Netherlands will be receiving many incoming state visits the next years. In a few weeks we will have a new coalition government with an extreme-right party as it's largest partner. I imagine some countries will prefer to wait until that is over so they will not have to associate themselves with that. I do not know enough about Danish politics if such a visit would be considered controversial by the government.

I imagine the King may visit Germany soon. It will be an important partner and neighbour for Denmark. Of course Queen Margrethe II was there not too long ago, but considering Germany's importance in Europe it is a country they can't visit enough.

A state visit to the UK within the next couple of years would be wonderful.

Last edited:
I hope that there will be a State Visit to the Netherlands soon. The last one was in the 1970's to Queen Juliana. For some reason Queen Beatrix never invited Margrethe for a State Visit.
I also never knew this but looked it up ,there was a Dutch State Visit to Denmark in 1984 but no return visit under Queen Beatrix.
Very Strange!

I didn't realise Margrethe II never paid a state visit to The Netherlands during Beatrix' reign. Quite odd indeed.

I am curious to see if the Netherlands will be receiving many incoming state visits the next years. In a few weeks we will have a new coalition government with an extreme-right party as it's largest partner. I imagine some countries will prefer to wait until that is over so they will not have to associate themselves with that. I do not know enough about Danish politics if such a visit would be considered controversial by the government.

I imagine the King may visit Germany soon. It will be an important partner and neighbour for Denmark. Of course Queen Margrethe II was there not too long ago, but considering Germany's importance in Europe it is a country they can't visit enough.

A state visit to the UK within the next couple of years would be wonderful.
I doubt it would be considered controversial.
DK has been a hardliner for many years in regards to immigration, assimilation especially in regards to learning Danish and demands made on immigrants in regards to work or alternatively do some kind of work in return for social welfare.

And just today the intended new prime minister has been presented: the secretary-general (so a government official) of the Ministry of Security and Justice. So, I guess, that a relatively neutral PM (not a member of any political party) might things a little more easy for some countries as well - although, I agree that Denmark shouldn't be an issue, as their 'opt-out' is taken as an example of how to get things regarding a stricter asylum policy done in Brussels.

Back
Top Bottom