Crowns and Royal Regalia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good for him. Interesting design, too. Love the hanging emerald pendants.

Queen Victoria's Crown

Why is it that we dont see any member of the royal family wearing Queen Victoria's small crown? Why doesnt the queen wear it. I think its a beautiful crown. Do they still have it?

They do. It's on display in the Tower of London.

It is no longer worn because the Queen Mum had a crown made for the coronation which matched the Imperial State Crown. Also, it's miniature in size, not the size of a proper crown.

i love the russian empress crown and the bavarian kings crown

I wonder if anybody has a pic of the imperial crown of india

Why is it that we dont see any member of the royal family wearing Queen Victoria's small crown? Why doesnt the queen wear it. I think its a beautiful crown. Do they still have it?

Good point. I'd have thought a small crown would have plenty of uses

There's very little information regarding the Spanish Regalia,are there any photo's of the Crown & Sceptre ?

The coral parure is really impressive! I would like to learn more about the jewels of the Royal house of Madagascar. To be honest with you, I didn't even know that Madagascar had a royal family.

Yes many people ignore it till now and that's what it’s so wonderful with blogging on TheRoyalforums nowadays. The Kingdom of Madagascar has been recognized for the first time by a great power, Great Britain :britflag: in 1817 although some principalities have escaped to the Kingdom of the Center.It ends in 1897 six months after the colonization of the Big Island by France. But let's go back to the Malagasy royal jewels now. Here's an array of the same pictures below :

1 The Coral Tiara of the Queen RANAVALONA III of Madagascar:

2 A part of the last Queen of Madagascar’s Coral full dress:

3 The Queen RANAVALONA III portraited by Trevor HADDON in London – Credit Photo : Rominia:

The picture of the Queen (3) with her light diamond tiara and the State Crown on her right is from a Trevor HADDON portrait made in London from photography.
It‘s described as a light diamond tiara topped with “brillants” and centered with an enamel “médaillon” of the royal arms. It is a private jewel purchased in Paris in early 1887 on her own cassette. She will bring it with her in exile in Algiers in 1899.

If she reigns today on our Great Island, Ranavalona III would surely be trimmed with diamonds but also multicolored fancy sapphires as the country abounds.
However the Queen was portrayed (4) with the massive gold state crown with seven spearheads (5) and the small gold crown decorated with lilies and royal insignia (6 - 7) the seven spareheads.
The state crown is yet now exposed at the Museum , it was made by Malagasy jewelers with the first kilogram of gold officially mined in the country inca.1890

4 The Queen RANAVALONA III of Madagascar (1861-1917) with the gold State Crown – “coloured” portrait:
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
5 & 5a The massive gold state crown with 7 spearheads:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

6 RANAVALONA III with the small gold crown – Credit Photo : IMPA :
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

7 The small gold crown– Credit Photo: Fonds Grandidier:
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

What about Hawaiian royalty? Any regalia there? Or the crown of Jordan?

Tonga

http://static.stuff.co.nz/1233108507/936/541936.jpg
http://cache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/tonga_08_13/tonga1.jpg

Hawaii

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~royalty/pix/crown.jpg

RW_kalakaua2.jpg

Hawaii

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what became of the Hawaiian regalia.

:previous:
From Wiki:

Some of the Crown Jewels and the original Thrones of the Kingdom of Hawaii reside within the custody of the Bishop Museum. Copies of the thrones can be seen at Iolani Palace. Some lie in state with the royals at the Royal Mausoleum at Mauna Ala. Feather cloak and wear are among the oldest of Hawaiian regalias: Nahienaena's Pa'u, the 180 feather skirt of Nahienaena and later the funeral attire for the dead monarch while lying in state; Kiwalao's Cloak aka Kamehameha's Cloak, the cloak won by Kamehameha I during his battle with Kiwalao; and Liloa's Kaei, the feather belt of Liloa, the 14th century King of Hawaii. Also the Kiha-pu or the War Trumpet (Conch Shell) of Kihanuilulumoku which is one generation older than Liloa's Kaei.

Royal Regalia of Serbia

Attachments

• Kruna Karadjordjevica a.jpg
    Kruna Karadjordjevica a.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 831
  • Jabuka a.jpg
    Jabuka a.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 682
  • Kopca a.jpg
    Kopca a.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 506
  • skiptar_view.jpg
    skiptar_view.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 559
  • Srbija - Plast 1.jpg
    Srbija - Plast 1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,443
French Crown Jewels

does anybody know where the crown jewels are housed?

Do the royals of Luxembourg have Regalia? If so, does anyone have pictures of them?

^ I just found the answer to my question. I guess they don't because I saw a video of GD Henri and GD Maria Teresa during their induction service and they don't have any crowns or robes. They wear sashes and the Duke sits on a big thrown. That's about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Maori king wore a fine cloak which belonged to his mother and I believe belonged to the 2nd Maori King Tawhiao. Also, during his coronation he sat on a carved throne which was originally made for the 3rd Maori King Mahuta.

second-maori-king.jpg

The woven panel seen at the top here, is the same panel seen at the bottom of King Tuheitia's cloak.

71684410.jpg

Te Arikinui Te Atairangikaahu on her coronation day on the same throne used by her son 40 years later and wearing the same cloak as him.

Note the bible being placed on her head, this was the same bible used to crown the first Maori King Potatau in 1858. This has been used at every coronation since.

Mao56TeA030.jpg

Can anyone help me find the Crown of Pepin (Charlemagne's son, made King of Italy)? I would love to see it in its current location.

images-1.jpg

I hope this image of it shows up.

Can anyone help me find the Crown of Pepin (Charlemagne's son, made King of Italy)? I would love to see it in its current location.

images-1.jpg

I hope this image of it shows up.

I've never seen that Crown before,the only Italian Crowns I knew of were the The Iron Crown of Lombardy & Napoleon's Coronation Crown.

I just recently discovered the existence of this crown while reading biographical material on Pepin, second son of Charlemagne. Pepin and his son Bernard were both crowned with this crown, then it went to one of Louis I's sons, after Bernard was killed by Louis I. I really love its combination of gold leaves and natural elements with the intricate, wavey geometric patterns and the discreet use of what I assume are rubies or carnelians, but would love to know more about it.

I just recently discovered the existence of this crown while reading biographical material on Pepin, second son of Charlemagne. Pepin and his son Bernard were both crowned with this crown, then it went to one of Louis I's sons, after Bernard was killed by Louis I. I really love its combination of gold leaves and natural elements with the intricate, wavey geometric patterns and the discreet use of what I assume are rubies or carnelians, but would love to know more about it.

From what I have read Peppin was crowned by Pope Hadrian I with the Iron crown of Lombardy which I posted a picture below of.

File:Iron Crown.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If there is another, it is likely in a vault. The crown jewels of Italty are in a bank vault. The bank of Italy is in possession of them in a dispute with the house of Savoi over ownership.

From what I have read, Charlemagne had a separate crown (the one in my avatar) created for Pepin.

However, it was probably some web-based source like Wikipedia.

Nevertheless, the crown in my avatar exists and everywhere I see it, it is called the Crown of Pepin, King of Italy.

Thank you for the information about where the Italian crown jewels are (that's a pity, but I should have expected)

Edited to add:

Alas, I am a dull and overly optimistic at the same time. The crown in my avatar is a reconstruction of this one:

l_348771f3876142d16e9f373e2d3addca.jpg

...one of the several crowns of Charlemagne, the one he gave to his second son, Pepin, and the crown went on to Bernhard, and I'm not even sure it still exists.

Hence, the attempt at reconstruction (by more than one person). Well, at least that means maybe I can get one!

Last edited:
Pics 2 : Crown of Empress Marie Louise

Was the crown of Empress Marie Louise made specifically for her?
If Yes, was the crown made in France or did it come from her father, the Emperor Francis (Franz)?

Back
Top Bottom