Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 9: January 2020 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the design or pattern its all a tad too much!

This dress looks like something that came out of her mother's closet that she had repurposed. The design, color, and material are very 80s Dynasty like.

Gorgeous gown! Much better than these floral dress from By Malina she recently wore.

Gorgeous gown! Much better than these floral dress from By Malina she recently wore.

Agree ,the gown yesterday at the Riksdag was really lovely but the floral one from last week was too much.

Victoria looks wonderful, the dress's lovely colour suit perfectly to Victoria's own warm dark colours. The dress is simple and elegant ball gown. As always, Victoria has a perfect hairdo with a brooch.
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/14...=TGz2j4PgS2-dt09X1OxzkU6y48FvJ1j00FujHImdPLA=
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/14...=vtx0mkdUWYfkealqJqWFbI7WJGVoQpc18j_QKGmSezY=
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/14...=OP16cUUI4EjoSD5-_8i3bnexp_gV7GwkwjG6S-KUzlU=

Fashion designer Camilla Thulin tells about the gown to Svensk Damtidning:
- It is a draped dress in full silk duchesse, says Camilla Thulin.
- It has been a very fun collaboration with the crown princess's stylist and the crown princess herself. And my tailor Reza Ismaili has sewn the dress and done all the tests.
- We have been working on the dress for about six weeks, from sketch to finished result. It is the crown princess and her stylist who have agreed on the color. And she also has an incredibly nice necklace with pearls in the same color.
Nobel 2022_ Victorias Nobelklänning – designern avslöjad _*Svensk Dam

Camilla Thulin at her Instagram
"Now our big Nobel gown has finally got to look out!. #master #tailor #tailor @reza__85 has draped and more or less sewn the entire dress by hand, #duchesse from @taronisilk thank you @tinatorn and the #crownprincess for an incomparably nice collaboration!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl_jqXLjeKr/?hl=fi

Last edited:
Love everything about this ensemble except the necklace, which looks a bit out of place. The cut of the dress really suits her!

Love everything about this ensemble except the necklace, which looks a bit out of place. The cut of the dress really suits her!

I agree, the necklace really does not fit into the overall look, IMO.

Victoria looks great, but I agree that the necklace doesn't seem quite right for the neckline of the gown. It seems a little tight? or skimpy? I would have liked to see something that sat a little lower on her chest, or echoed the line of the neckline.

I love ball gowns, and I thought this was a beautiful dress on Victoria. I do agree that it would be best paired with a major necklace, or no necklace, but overall I think it was a great look.

Gorgeous and all hand sewn. Love the shots of the inside of the gown

What can you say? Victoria always does Sweden proud at the Nobel Prize Ceremony and this time the gorgeous pink gown is ahhhmaazzing. She really is the prime exponent of "go big or go home". The pink and blue necklace really suited the entire look by allowing the tiara and even better, the best tiara hair in the business, to shine and balance the entire ensemble.

Never liked that green evening gown. Much too shiny, and looks too much like a swimsuit

Good to see Victoria wearing again this beautiful Elie Saab dress she wore for the first time at the Nobel Prize Award ceremony ten years ago. It suits her perfectly.

Never liked that green evening gown. Much too shiny, and looks too much like a swimsuit

I agree. Victoria has many beautiful, regal gowns to rewear, but this one is more like long disco dress.

I wish this dress was a deeper green, but I do love the emeralds.

I agree with you, I never liked the dress, she has many other dresses she could wear again.

I think we have not seen her very often in this shade of pink, and there is a good reason for, it does not suit her. And with this Tiara and girlish necklace she looks like Barbi and not like the future Queen of sweden.

Last edited by a moderator:
I lowkeyly love that gown cause it's fun:ROFLMAO:.

The colour is really lovely but don't like the design of the gown.

As with the Queen's dress from the Riksdag supper, I think we have seen this dress enough now. For me the combination with the sash, Laurel wreath Tiara and the Emerald Necklace don't work. Maybe the dress would be good on its on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom