Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 8: August 2018 - December 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The print itself is already super busy, adding the frilly details is just too much.

Oh dear. Hope this dress gets retired, never to see the light of day again.

On the positive side, her make-up is pretty.

I like the skirt very much. But the top is too much IMO wish it had a different style (maybe a simple cut without that insane amount of fabric would've been much better).

Either way, I like that she takes risks at this event each year.

If you take the worst dresses from the 1980s, they would still be better than that pink horror that Victoria is wearing.

Just what I was thinking! I was going to say that this dress from Victoria belongs at an '80s fancy dress party, but that's being quite insulting to the '80s :eek:

Wow, that is one gorgeous dress! Victoria always chooses to take a little more risk dressing for the Polar Music Prize. And everything in this is perfect: the dress, Victoria's gorgeous updo and her radient make up.
Svensk Damtidning thinks that the dress is designed by a young swedish designer and stylist Selam Fessahaye, whose parents came to Sweden from Eritrea.
Victorias rörande val bakom klänningen – hyllar ny ung designer _ Svensk Damtidning

She looks magical
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
I'm with you Lady Finn. I love Victoria's annual foray into the unknown at the Polar Music Prize. It is the one time in the whole year that she goes entirely off script.

When I hear it's that time again I can't wait to see just what she will grace us with. We have had ultra modern, futeristic, nods to the leather look. This one I would call her look 'crazy modern versus classic romance.

It's like 'Edward Sissorhands meets 'Belle'. Regardless, the bodice is pure romance a la Audrey Hepburn and the skirt, a tribute to the Prima Ballerina with her magical confection in pink that makes Victoria's skin glow and, standing there with her handsome prince, her eyes sparkling, she's every little girl's happy ever after.
Just what I was thinking! I was going to say that this dress from Victoria belongs at an '80s fancy dress party, but that's being quite insulting to the '80s :eek:
At the Polar Music Prize you have to close your eyes and imagine .

I can't decide if I think this is awful or wonderful, but I do know that I hate the earrings. The dress itself is definitely out there, like Cinderella's ball gown was attacked by one of the jealous stepsisters. I do love that it's entirely unexpected.

For a lovely lady, usually, this gown is a nightmare. Looks like cotton candy exploded, but not enough in the fron. Does she not have a mirror.

I think the concept of this dress is romantic like a pink cloud, and it probably looks good on a very tall and skinny model in the magazine shoot where everything (lighting, pose, etc.) is perfect.

But seeing it on Victoria to an actual event... It just looks so big and troublesome...

Jeez, this looks like a fluffy pink cloud or cotton candy. That wide belt try to push down all those multiple layers and give her a waist but its useless - she look like she's camoflaging her heavily pregnant belly under that sack. Also when you wear light tulle, then strappy heels would have looked better than pumps.

Compared to others she looks overdressed and oversized, there's just too much going on with her big dress! But at least its good to see her in girly powder pink!

Last edited:
I'm actually adoring her in this dress. It's fun, it's different, it's NOT BASIC. This is an interesting dress to look at and I take an interesting dress over a basic, generic dress any day. Plus her make-up is impeccable and she is clearly feeling herself in it.

I love this appearance because it suits the event. Victoria looks beautiful.

Some here sure have interesting aesthetics.... Victoria looks dreadful, like exploded cotton candy, as someone else already stated.

Some styles just *do not* suit her, no matter how hard the campaign for her.

We have seen this Jenny Packham gown on Victoria at least at Willem-Alexander's inauguration in April 2013, at Gustaf and Vicky Magnuson's wedding in August 2013, at an official dinner at the Royal Palace in December 2013 (with cut steel tiara), and at the King's dinner for the Nobel Laureates in December 2016 (with Laurel Wreath Tiara). So it one of Victoria's favourites.
But it is a gorgeous dress and has always suited Victoria very well, so it is nice to see it again, and again with a different tiara.
https://files.svenskdam.se/uploads/2019/06/statsb-4-tt-700x984.jpg
https://scontent-dfw5-2.cdninstagra...n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.cdninstagram.com

Last edited:
Interesting to see that the dress is Jenny Packham - I wonder if she gained style tips from the Duchess of Cambridge :D
I'm not the biggest lover of Victoria's gown but I can imagine that it looks better in person as the photos don't really seem to do it much justice.

On Victoria, this is a beautiful dress. Her posture is so good that she could wear a sack and look elegant. Straight back, shoulders and head back, like a dancer. Actually, I think Meghan has the same posture.

With the ever-increasing use of phones, tablets and desk computers, this sort of posture is becoming more an more the exception rather than the rule. It is also the saving grace of many a 'meh' dress or gown. It also illuminates gowns that look fabulous making them magnificent.

:previous: She does have a really nice posture, elegant and regal. Personally not a fans of this dress (or metallic colors) but it suits Victoria (and her Baden Fringe:lol:). She has worn Jenny Packham couples times in recent years and not sure what does it have to do with DoC.

Last edited:
Not a fan of this metallic looking gown however the hairstyle and jewels do compensate .

Very few women could ever wear this gown without looking over-done Hollywood tacky but Victoria sure does ace it. I do believe that only she and Mary could achieve as both have carriage that is regal but not contrived. Bravo for stepping out of the box. I do know that anything metallic looks quite different in person instead of in photos with flash camera giving artificial lighting. I just bet this is absolutely stunning in person.

The metallic gown would look well without the clashing of the gorgeous tiara. Wrong dress for a tiara event

Her jewels and hair are lovely. :flowers:

But I rarely like metallic dresses, come off looking like wrapping paper to me and this is no exception. The color and style is lovely.

Although this is a beautiful dress, I think it is quite ageing -it reminds me of the gowns Queen Elizabeth used to wear. I also think the tiara doesn’t work with this dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom