Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 5: September 2009 - January 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with you Duke, the gown is very pretty, actually one of my favorites in her, but it just doesnt work with that tiara, perhaps her wedding tiara would've been better, the orange outshines the ruby and there is too much going on, the bright color, the tiara, the fur, the order.

Mary looks regal.:flowers: In first moment I did not like the shining part of her gown but looking again I think it is nice addition, it makes dress looking more elegant. It is very glamorous dress and it has beautiful color that fits Mary's pale completion well. I like her fur too.:)

i wish we could see a better photo of her hair!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the wrapped part at the waist is detachable. Maybe the dress will be recycled without the bottom section. I can't wait!

I am just so happy that CP Mary is in this bold new color!

Front view
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/17698457.jpg
Back view
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/17698471.jpg
Mary close up
Picture details

Lovely gown but I am not a fan of the shiny fabric. The colour is great but I don't like it together with the Ruby tiara. Orange does not work with silver or red, the main colours of Mary's tiara and her other jewellery, but suits gold or gold-ish colours (the elephant order and the light brown fur Mary is wearing). To make the colour mess complete Mary chose a silver clutch ... each piece is beautiful and very elegant but I don't like the combination / differences in style (orange-gold-silver-red) that Mary chose for tonight.
She looks regal although I dislike orange colour.I like the fur and I love her wonderful tiara:flowers:

I'm not sure if I like this gown or not. It has a very nice shape, I think its colour is flattering against her complexion and it looks regal, but I'm simply not a fan of orange and especially not of this shining fabric, JMHO. I agree as well that the Ruby-Tiara and this shade of colour aren't a good match. I'm afraid, this is not one of my favourite gowns of Mary. But after all she looked glowing, her make up is lovely and I love the fur stole. :flowers:

Imo the colour of the dress doesn't suit Mary at all. It also doesn't really match the rubies.
The cut of the dress is lovely. It would have been better in a different colour.
So far this is my least favourite New Year's Gala look.

I would adore this dress if it was in blue or silver. :flowers:

I may change my mind after a more detailed look but from what I can see the gown is gorgeous. But worn completely wrong. It would be perfection in the summer, on a tanned Mary, with different jewelry. Her wedding tiara and a big necklace and earrings would have looked better. It is just all wrong in the winter on her skin, and with the fur and the rubies. Usually Mary never gets it wrong, but she has been making odd choices lately. But I cant wait to see this dress again at a later date though.

Joining the majority, I have to say that the orange colour is not particularly flattering for Crown Princess Mary. A cold bold colour such red, purple and blue would have been much better and nicely accentuated noble paleness of her complexion. The style of the dress, make-up and hairstyle were flawless.

a big grand dress for the occassion - Mary does these type of events so perfectly

the colour is a bold choice but maybe it doesnt quite work with the rubies - i shall wait to see better closeups

I love the dress, the bold colour and the detailing.
Both Mary and Frederik looks great, love Ferderik in uniform, compliments his elegant wife perfectly.
The fur is lovely

i do hope that the train can be detached at a later stage to make to a verstile gown

on looking at the pictures of her hair i am not keen on the way it has been styled

a big grand dress for the occassion - Mary does these type of events so perfectly

the colour is a bold choice but maybe it doesnt quite work with the rubies - i shall wait to see better closeups
I like the shape of Mary's gown, but the rubies do not work well with it. Perhaps she should have worn her wedding tiara with this gown.

What CP Mary needs is an all diamond, important tiara... one that would go with "everything". :) (Pr. Marie's eg?) She shouldn't have to be 'limited' to what color gown she can wear to match her important tiara. Just IMHO, of course...

She most certainly does, Mellie! Is that a new necklace I spot??

What CP Mary needs is an all diamond, important tiara... one that would go with "everything". :) (Pr. Marie's eg?) She shouldn't have to be 'limited' to what color gown she can wear to match her important tiara. Just IMHO, of course...

Agree 100%...her wedding tiara is too small IMO!!!!

Without those big ruby tiara, she looks quite much better in orange, simple and elegant! But somehow now, it seems that too crowded for her:eek:, I just think that maybe orange is quite a strong colour that need not to match too much other accessory:ermm:. Also, ruby and the gown's colours are too similar:previous:. Anyway, not a good choice. :bang:I would agree that this gown with her wedding tiara is absolutely better than that, sometimes jewels are as simple as beautiful which makes you shine.

She looks beautiful and the dress is gorgeous. Not sure about the tiarra with the dress. In some pictures it looks just fine with it, but in others...

Well, the top part of the dress made me think this was a really nice dress but after seeing the shiney taffta part of the dress, its all wrong.
I like the color on Mary and the fur looked really nice with it.
The rubbie set was not the right choice to wear but at least she didnt wear the whole necklace piece but went for the pendent.
Whats up with the out of place silver clutch, couldnt get a gold clutch?
Hairstyle was nice but very similar to S-I-L.

The dress definitely highlights her beautiful figure. I somehow prefer to see her in a more contemporary and chic style, like a sleek gown without the billowing skirt. Maybe it is not dressy enough for this function. The simpler style would then set off the more elaborate tiara. Just my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom