Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 20: November 2021 - January 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary has for example worn today's dress at the wedding celebrations of Prince Albert and Princess Charlene in 2011:
Well spotted and a really lovely repeat ,the Crown Princess looked wonderful!

Eh, that's a no from me. I'd like the overall design more if it wasn't trying to be a kimono. Also, those shoes are ugly.

Its a beautiful dress. I say works well for a night celebration. First worn in 2018 for Frederik's birthday concert.
It fits her so well, the color suits her.

The dress is perfect for the occasion. And it looks lovely on her. The shoes pick up on one of the colors of the dress which is complementary to the outfit. Plus she is not under-dressed or over dressed. It would have been bad if she had shown up in let's say a sparkly princess dress when everyone else was dressed down. I love it.

A really beautiful dress and very colourful!

The dress is perfect for the occasion. And it looks lovely on her. The shoes pick up on one of the colors of the dress which is complementary to the outfit. Plus she is not under-dressed or over dressed. It would have been bad if she had shown up in let's say a sparkly princess dress when everyone else was dressed down. I love it.

I certainly agree. Perfect in all ways for this occasion. Bravo to her.

Not a favorite dress of mine, and in this case I'm not sure a kimono style dress fits with the fact they are visiting Vietnam. If she wanted to pay homage to her hosts, something more closely resembling an ao dai would have been lovely.

Adore the pantsuit. She looks so chic!

Great look. She has a few elegant pantsuits. They work for her.

Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 20: November 2021 -

Love the look, although I think it would have looked more finished with a long sleeve. JMHO

Nah, long sleeves in that material would have been too much. The shorter sleeves work best. She looks phenomenal; that's a very flattering shade of pink.

I hope she bought multiple colors of this jumpsuit. It's so elegant and chic!

Probably I'm the only one who dislike this. The top part reminds me the cheap confetti dot sequins fabric for doing craft when I was young and the proportion looks off to me. She looks shorter than she is.

Probably I'm the only one who dislike this. The top part reminds me the cheap confetti dot sequins fabric for doing craft when I was young and the proportion looks off to me. She looks shorter than she is.

You're not the only one :flowers: I'm a fan of most of her evening choices but this is one of my least favorites. It's the top part that seems off.

Crown Princess Mary in Stella McCartney at the Crown Prince Couple's Prize Award Ceremony this evening, November 5:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** video **

I'm with you on this one. My opinion: a-celebrity-fashion-designer-name-does-not-a-great-dress-makes
The reaction I got was chain mail to battle a dragon meets Hello Kitty in pink.

Last edited:

You're not the only one :flowers: I'm a fan of most of her evening choices but this is one of my least favorites. It's the top part that seems off.

I can't claim to be a fan of this outfit eve though I think she usually gets it right. I also do not see the colour as autumnal.

Stella McCartney is a great designer. She's actually good at what she does; her last name doesn't really help her in that department. If the clothes suck, the clothes suck. Also, just because it's November doesn't mean she should wear autumnal colors. It's typical to wear darker colors this time of year, but sometimes it's fun to pull out something bright or pastel, just for a change.

The more I look at the pantsuit the more i like it. She looks wonderful in it. There is no rule about what colors to where when anymore. IMO she looks fantatsic. Good for Mary for being one of the modern royal women that mixes things up and takes some risks.

The more I look at the pantsuit the more i like it. She looks wonderful in it. There is no rule about what colors to where when anymore. IMO she looks fantatsic. Good for Mary for being one of the modern royal women that mixes things up and takes some risks.

Looking at it again, and again, I see the problem that makes me dislike the outfit: it's that combination. You are right, just the pantsuit is good enough to stand out. But when the chain mail was added, and on a contrasting color, it just looks weird to me.

Now imaging changing the pink to the same color as the top and you get a more ready for the night event dress.

The proportion looks off to me too. Don’t like the chain mail.

It’s really not flattering imo.

That pantsuit might be a case of "it looks better in person when you can see the sparkle". Like when the royal ladies wear certain tiaras that don't necessarily look impressive as a photo, but are stunning in person.

If the top of Mary's outfit is very sparkly, it might go well with the light pink color, but as a photo it all looks very off and unattractive.

I love the color combination and the coat, but not sure the tucked in sweater and wide leg pants go with the length of the coat. Something looks off to me in that first picture proportion wise. Maybe other pictures will come along and persuade me. Overall Mary looks lovely!

Crown Princess Mary at the premiere of The Nutcracker at the Tivoli this evening, November 26:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

I don’t really care for it. Seems a bit blah- especially for the Nutcracker. (I’m not suggesting red and green were the only options, but something other than a dull gray color.)

The blue coat, to me, wasn’t the best color combination with gray either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom