Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 2: May 2008 - January 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks just beautiful in the black and silver. She has hit the mark lately on her evening wear. Bravo Mary!

Uh that black & silver outfit is simply stunning. Mary's evening wear is usually top-notch and this is no exception. She looks great, I especially love the matching shoes instead of simple black pumps.

The look is really elegant but I just love the cute red bag,

The purple dres she wore in Bulgari is beautiful! I remember her wearing it in a magazine (Ausytralian??) some years back.

The color goes excellent to CP Mary's complexion, and the dress suit her figure very well. Again you did it CP Mary!! Roll of dice: 6!! :flowers:

The purple dres she wore in Bulgari is beautiful! I remember her wearing it in a magazine (Ausytralian??) some years back.

The color goes excellent to CP Mary's complexion, and the dress suit her figure very well. Again you did it CP Mary!! Roll of dice: 6!! :flowers:

Yes we discussed that (earlier in this thread in the visits thread?) because the Australian Vogue dress was full length.

So it was full length, the dress she wore in Australia?
I was wondering when I saw this picture of CP Mary wearing the dress now. I can't remember it was short last time I saw it.....

Thank you for clearing up Marmi. :flowers:

You're welcome. I dont remember (and no other member commented recently) her wearing it since the Vogue shoot. There was some question as to whether the other belonged to mary or the mag so its possible that this is a different dress (rather than the original shortened). cant shed any more light im afraid.

Uh that black & silver outfit is simply stunning. Mary's evening wear is usually top-notch and this is no exception. She looks great, I especially love the matching shoes instead of simple black pumps.

Well-said, Duke of Marmalade! This ensemble is absolutely stunning. She looks so beautiful.

COPENHAGEN 2008-10-20 The Danish Crown Princess Mary and the Crown Prince Frederik at the reception for the Danish athletes that had attended the Olympic Games in Beijing.

BelgaPicture - Category details

It had to look and think about it twice but I think the outfit works. Mary looks very elegant.

The dress is new, she could have wore something recycle, besides she has wonderful dresses...She could economize, recycle and buy less... That was my opinion and the first one that comes to my mind when I saw the dress sorry...

I think evening wear she doesn't recycle mucht and besides she has lots of beautiful dress she could recycle to this event, IMO there was no need to buy a new one:ermm:!
It just came to my mind a few ones that Mary could have recycle for this event:

-The PRADA one that she wore in luxembourg in 2006
- The silver dress she wore at the Vilhelm Hammershoi exhibition in the Royal Academy of Arts of Londo
- The rikkemai stars dress
- The gold dress from the Cultural Prize

"She could economize, recycle and buy less... "
Why would she? She can afford it!

Yes, she can, but many, many people nowadays can't. There is an economic crisis going on and it would look good on her if she dressed down a bit. (But she looks good these days).

Yes, she can, but many, many people nowadays can't. There is an economic crisis going on and it would look good on her if she dressed down a bit. (But she looks good these days).
:flowers::flowers::flowers:
Sneeuwklokje tottaly agree with you, 100% thought-transference.
Your message express very well the way I'am felling now towards Mary's new clothes! That's exactlly my thoughts. Even more after her trip to Uganda, she told us that the trip changed her way towards life...I cannot see how...:ermm:

Erm, unless I am sorely mistaken, she recycles her clothes quite often. In fact, I am fairly certain there is a thread just for that subject. I'll have to go find it.

So before we start tearing her to shreds for wearing a new dress, let's bear in mind that A) we all buy new clothes periodically, B) It's not like we know it's new. She might have worn it before and we just haven't seen it. I am fairly certain we haven't seen the entire contents of her closet, and C) we have absolutely no idea when these clothes were bought. I still have things in my closet that I bought 6 months ago that I have not worn yet.

Biboquinhas, if you are going to make a big deal out of all royal ladies who happen to wear a new dress at an engagement in the coming months, you have your work cut out for you :rolleyes: It doesn't make sense to me though.

Erm, unless I am sorely mistaken, she recycles her clothes quite often. In fact, I am fairly certain there is a thread just for that subject. I'll have to go find it.

Well said Empress. When times are tough we all get a vicarious thrill seeing the Royals dressed to knock your socks off! It makes us feel proud and it doesn't bust the bank account.

The only "Economy" I would recommend in these straitened times is a moratorium on the purchase of new jewelry and a concious effort to recycle the "heavy artillary" of historical jewelry.

There is no sense of conspicuous consumption when wearing "history" but there is a great sense of stability and national pride in seeing the royals hold the line.

On a personal note. I don't see the point in whining about new clothes etc. What are our expectations in the real world? Do we want all the female members of the various royal houses stomping around in sackcloth and ashes? Swop Doc Martins for the stillettoes? Now wouldn't we all feel just peachy looking at that. Not to mention the horrendous hit the entire fashion industry would take. And, oh? Did I mention that it is just us plain old working stiffs who make the shoes and sew the dresses.

Unemployment anyone?

Again as previously pointed out...we don't know if this is a new dress or not but think of it in these terms 1) due to Mary's job duties...if it is a new dress than she will most likely wear it again 2) yes the economy is in really bad shape...but one of the reasons that it is in bad shape is because those who have money aren't spending it. She bought a dress, this in turns pays the designers and the sewers who in turn puchase items to make the dress and might use their money on food...it goes on and on and FINALLY as Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother said, when criticized for wearing her best finery when visting those bombed in World War II, and I am paraphrasing "Why shouldn't she wear her best clothes they (the victims) would wear their best if they were visting me. That's a wicked job of paraphrasing but hopefully you get the point. Did you see the Danish Olympians...they were all dressed in their best.

I was a bit disappointed in this outfit. The top is nice, but I really don't care for the pleated skirt. Pleats are nearly impossible to wear, and this skirt is too wide-looking. Maybe it would look better if the skirt wasn't so pleated. The a-line shape is nice, but it needs to be smoother.

The dress is new, she could have wore something recycle, besides she has wonderful dresses...She could economize, recycle and buy less... That was my opinion and the first one that comes to my mind when I saw the dress sorry...
I've posted this in the forum of DRF (DRFs current activities)

I've searched through all outfit in 2008:
For 106 engagements (official and private outings) she has worn 44 new/never before seen outfits (I've counted them as new when most of the parts were new (shoes are not counted)) and 62 recycled outfits (partially from the last years, partially from earlier in 2008, that means than outfits are counted twice or more)

If anyone is interested I can do a similar evaluation for one of the other crownprincesses, too :flowers:

Jinigirl, thank you for posting this. The math really speaks for itself!

Yes it does! Remember how long it took from Christian's christening until New Year this year to wear the blue suit skirt?! We have no way of knowing when she acquires anything.

I really like the dress, I haven't seen her in that style skirt recently, and the light cardi was really elegant.

i love the dreaa but i most like her skin, she looks great 1

I thought that it was a nice enough design, colour etc, but I remember thinking at the time that it made her look older than she is.

I don't think the financial crisis should have anything to do with it. If others could not manage their money correctly, why should Mary be penalized?

Very beautiful dress! It looks like it is heavy due to the beading, but it is so pretty. She should recycle this dress (but definitely NOT that hairstyle, IMO).
Definitely, absolutely NOT! It made her look older, in fact it made the whole outfit look older. Now a really nice updo would have slayed them in the aisles. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom