Crown Princess Mary is Expecting Twins in January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I was wondering about the babtism. What are they going to do with the dress, because of what I know of there is only the one Christian and Isabella wore at their babtism. Does someone know any other old dress that has been used in the royal family??
Perhaps there is a family christening gown in Mary's family? Would be a nice touch if such a gown could be used as well.:)

Hmm I was wondering about the babtism. What are they going to do with the dress, because of what I know of there is only the one Christian and Isabella wore at their babtism. Does someone know any other old dress that has been used in the royal family??

Not that I know of, most probably they will get two new gowns for the little ones or dig up an old other gown.

The only other gowns that I know about is the one that Joachim and Alexandra had made for Nikolai and Felix and the one that Joachim and Marie had made for Henrik. Both by Henrik Hviid :)
Alexandra of Berleburg used the same gown as Mary and Fred for the christenings of her children :)

perhaps they make a copy of the original gown so they have 2 in future. Was this done in the UK when there was m a copy made of the original gown because it has become to fragil.

Last edited:
perhapos they make a copy of the original gown sio they have 2 in futre. Was this done in the UK when there was m a copy made of the original gown because it has become to fragil.

Good idea! Copy the original gown. Each twin wears one, then the old one retires and the new one can be passed down for future generations.

Yes, Stefan, I believe Edward & Sophie's son, James, wore a new copy of the old christening gown if memory serves.

Perhaps there is a family christening gown in Mary's family? Would be a nice touch if such a gown could be used as well.:)

That would be lovely, but I don't think Mary herself was christened (though I recall she was considered a member of the Presbyterian Church). I remember that the DRF website around the time of the wedding specifically mentioned the date and place of Alexandra's baptism in Hong Kong but left out any mention of Mary's baptism. But perhaps (hopefully!) there is a gown in Mary's parents' families which they could use.

I'm wondering if Mary will be at the New Year's Court festivities, or if she'll have given birth by then or if she'll be on bedrest.

I'm wondering if Mary will be at the New Year's Court festivities, or if she'll have given birth by then or if she'll be on bedrest.

She won't be, if Mary is due November/December time, she certainly won't be there.

If she is due to have the babies around the first week of December, I somehow think she WILL be at the New Years Eve festivities...she'll have weeks to recover, nanny-army, why not? If she hasn't had the babies by New Year's I still think she'll be there, hugely pregnant...what a way to induce a birth than to party and welcome in the New Year and how cool would a bit of birth drama be at something like that...Mary taken off having contractions, and what a cool birthdate that would be: 1/1/11? Yay...she'll be there, either way...The only way she won't be there, is if the babies are born late December, 28-31..maybe then there will be not enough time to recover, no incentive to go, too tired and preoccupied with two new babies...

It's probably just a case of waiting and seeing...she might be there, or she might not...the twins are in charge now!!! I am betting on and hoping for, New Year's Eve contractions starting at 11:11pm on Dec 31st, babies born couple of hours later around 1:01am (1st twin),1:11 (2nd twin), 1/1/11...Come on Mary, you can do it!

According to this, Mary seems to attend :) Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder

I think she will too. Poor Mary, huge with twins(Mary's version of huge), her back hurting IMO (we have already seen pictures of her holding her back) and having to look gorgeous which she will manage to do. She is a trooper. She does not give into things easily. The only way I can see her not making it is a doctor's order or just having given birth a few days before.

Guys, Mary is due in January.. Not November, December.. I think she will attend, even though she'll be heavily pregnant.

If she is due to have the babies around the first week of December, I somehow think she WILL be at the New Years Eve festivities...she'll have weeks to recover, nanny-army, why not? If she hasn't had the babies by New Year's I still think she'll be there, hugely pregnant...what a way to induce a birth than to party and welcome in the New Year and how cool would a bit of birth drama be at something like that...Mary taken off having contractions, and what a cool birthdate that would be: 1/1/11? Yay...she'll be there, either way...The only way she won't be there, is if the babies are born late December, 28-31..maybe then there will be not enough time to recover, no incentive to go, too tired and preoccupied with two new babies...

It's probably just a case of waiting and seeing...she might be there, or she might not...the twins are in charge now!!! I am betting on and hoping for, New Year's Eve contractions starting at 11:11pm on Dec 31st, babies born couple of hours later around 1:01am (1st twin),1:11 (2nd twin), 1/1/11...Come on Mary, you can do it!

Rooting with you Anna for those dates and times. Go Mary!:flowers:

I don't believe she will attend; they probably just included her in the official list to avoid too many speculations about a December birth. No matter if she is heavily pregnant with the twins or just have given birth, there is no way she could be standing in line for hours shaking hands.

She should be on maternity leave by November time, if she attends the New Years events I'll think it ridiculous.
She'll be nine months pregnant and as UserDane said, standing in line for hours shaking hands will be painful.
Honestly it's not like she's needed at the event, she should be taking care of herself.

I dont see a problem is she atteneds the New Year events if she can. I would also assume she would have a chair if needed when get tired of standing for hours.
I dont expect Mary to attened all the events of New Year. If her due date is January and preg with twins, then its more likely for her to give birth a bit earlier than expected.

Why ridiculous? If she wants to attend, why not? It's not like she's ill or has any disease, she can do things just like other human beings. Obviously they won't make her stand for hours... It's up to her and what she feels to do!

Margrethe had a chair to sit on when her knee was either about to be operated or freshly operated, so my guess is, they would do it for Mary, too :)

Why ridiculous? If she wants to attend, why not? It's not like she's ill or has any disease, she can do things just like other human beings. Obviously they won't make her stand for hours... It's up to her and what she feels to do!

She's due in January, she should be officially on maternity leave in November IMO, which means no royal engagements. I'm sure her doctors aren't going to advise doing a royal event whilst 9 months pregnant with twins are they?
To me, even if she has a chair, she shouldn't be there, this is the one time she can be a woman rather than a princess. Even Queen Elizabeth II missed two state opening og parliaments when she was pregnant.
She might not be ill or have a disease, but she is carrying twins.

Everyone says she'll give birth earlier than her due date, which would be December time. Which puts her out.

The twins of Prince Laurent and Princess Claire of Belgium were also expected in January (but 2006), but were born in December.

She's due in January, she should be officially on maternity leave in November IMO, which means no royal engagements. I'm sure her doctors aren't going to advise doing a royal event whilst 9 months pregnant with twins are they?
To me, even if she has a chair, she shouldn't be there, this is the one time she can be a woman rather than a princess. Even Queen Elizabeth II missed two state opening og parliaments when she was pregnant.
She might not be ill or have a disease, but she is carrying twins.

Everyone says she'll give birth earlier than her due date, which would be December time. Which puts her out.
I just think that she'll do what she thinks it's the best for her. She's obviously not eager to endanger the pregnancy.

Isabella was born April 21st and Mary had her last official engagement March 20th :)

I just think that she'll do what she thinks it's the best for her. She's obviously not eager to endanger the pregnancy.

Yes, I, too, think Mary is a sensible person that she knows what is the best for her. Besides, she has such an ideal husband. That is such a reassurance !

Mary is carrying two children not one this time and wasn't Isabella predicted for a May birth?

Yes it was May & Christian was predicted in November :whistling:
The official announcement for Prince Christian said "by the end of October", he was born on October 15.
The official announcement for Isabella said she was due about the first week of May. She arrived within 10 days of that (2 weeks either side of the due date is considered to be right on time in obstetrics).

In fact, Frederik and Mary have not manipulated the information about their older children's due dates by months, as many other royal couples have done.

The announcement about the twins said "some time in January."
For some reason people immediately reinterpret this to mean another time.

My guess is that the twins are due at the end of January, and will arrive some time in January.
I also think the fact that twins are usually early was factored into the official announcement.

I anticipate that Crown Princess Mary will attend the events of the New Year's Court if all is well.
Women who start maternity leave are not under house arrest, after all. ;)

Has anyone said that Mary and Frederik have manipulated information?

Twins are usually born early, so if "January" has been given as the due month, she will more than likely give birth in December. We don't "reinterpret", both Isabella and Christian were born early. So we can safely assume the twins will.

If Mary went on maternity leave in March for a May birth, and that was with one baby. I would think with twins she would go on maternity leave in November.

No they are not under house arrest, but not every woman is the Crown Princess of Denmark carrying two royal children.

I guess Mary will know herself when to start her maternity leave or will follow the advice of her doctors. No big deal. Though I would love to see her and her tummy on the New Year engagements I would understand when she skips them for the sake of her own and her babies’ health. Maybe we will be lucky enough to see her during some easy-going engagements which are not so stressful for her. But if she decides to disappear from the public eye until the babies are born I would totally understand her anyway. Yes, she is a crown princess but still, she has a earthly human body that will demand for her to rest as anybody else's body would demand from a pregnant woman of her age.
I for myself can't wait to see the babies. We know already that Mary and Fredrik are able to produce cute babies so there is lots of hope that these two will be gorgeous as well :)

Twins are usually born early, so if "January" has been given as the due month, she will more than likely give birth in December. We don't "reinterpret", both Isabella and Christian were born early. So we can safely assume the twins will.

If Mary went on maternity leave in March for a May birth, and that was with one baby. I would think with twins she would go on maternity leave in November.

No they are not under house arrest, but not every woman is the Crown Princess of Denmark carrying two royal children.

Twins are not necessarily born early at all & whether its twins or not any baby can be born early.
At the end of the day, a Dr gives you an approximately due date which in many cases, the baby comes early, on the date or a few days later. The date the couple give us I think is the rough due date by the Dr.

In general Royal Houses will try to be as vague as possible and often they give a later date in order to deflect attention. Adding to that, pregnancies are hard to predict, especially with twins where the doctors tend to take action early rather than late.
My guess is that it will be earlier than January, on the other hand Mary doesnt look that pregnant to me at this stage, then again each pregnancy shows different, I remember a picture of tennis player Steffi Graf only days before giving birth, if you didnt know you wouldnt have noticed that she was pregnant at all, finally giving birth to quite a big boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom