Countess Alexandra's False Pregnancy Rumours: March to June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the pregnancy must be confired for palace or for alexandras staff?

It's nothing to do with the palace, corazon. She isn't a member of the royal family any more.

norwegianne said:
Alexandra's title is personal - and not herditary. If she has children with Martin, they'd most likely carry the surname Jørgensen.

Thanks for the answer! And now that I think about it, duh! Someone please slap me up-side the head! ;) Of course the child/children would carry their fathers surname! I guess this head-cold is really getting to me...:wacko:

Thanks!:flowers:

Elspeth said:
It's nothing to do with the palace, corazon. She isn't a member of the royal family any more.

oh, thanks.
so, we can't wait for a ''official'' confirmation of this news

She's a 42-yr-old divorceé with two kids who recently married a guy very much her junior in a church in a "white" dress and veil while pregnant.:bang:
How very danish.;)

BeatrixFan said:
She's been married a few days and now she's pregnant? If she is pregnant that is. And if she is, she was carrying a bun on her way to the cake shop.
thanks for my laugh outloud moment today:lol:
if its true i can't say i'm surprised but it makes the over the top wedding kinda tacky. if i remember caroline was married in suits to both her husbands in low key ceremonies. sorry if i offend anybody with my old fashioned way of thinking. if they do want children i think it's great the older you are the harder it gets, so this is a good thing and i wish them happiness.

Ctejnoe said:
She's a 42-yr-old divorceé with two kids who recently married a guy very much her junior in a church in a "white" dress and veil while pregnant.:bang:
How very danish.;)

Does this happen often in Denmark? Your comment was cute!:lol:

I know. Didn't she just got married?

So it is possiable for a woman get pregnant the same day???

The O.C. Fanatic said:
I know. Didn't she just got married?

So it is possiable for a woman get pregnant the same day???

Yes, but I don't think it's possible that the pregnancy would be able to be detected a week later.

Elspeth said:
Yes, but I don't think it's possible that the pregnancy would be able to be detected a week later.

And even if a baby had been conceived the day she married Martin, she would not have had the time to
- detect it
- announce it to the whole family
- and let the family announce it to the press

She married FOUR days ago.

Alexandra´s belly looked very flat in her wedding pictures.
So I assume that this pregnancy would not be older than 3 months, if she is really pregnant.

Well I have to say if Alex decided to marry Martin just after she found that she´s pregnant, then all the preparations for wedding must be arranged very quickly. It´s really amazing that she and Martin can plan such a wonderful wedding within such a short period of time.

Although accidents happen, it´s still hard for me to believe such a woman like Alexandra, would let accident happen if a pregnancy is not in her plan.

Personally I tend to believe that the wedding AND the pregnancy were both in their schedule. Of course, under the condition if she is really pregnant.

We will waite and we will see if she is or she's not.

At the moment it's just another rumour.

Last edited:
my 2 cents is, until proven otherwise, this 'announcement' just seems to stem from the 'wishful thinking' basket on the part of Se & Hor

Yes, its so typically danish.
I attended a wedding this summer where the bride was around 7 months pregant, too big for the white dress she had intended to wear, and the couple's 4 yr old daughter carried the rings.

If she was pregnant when they married.....big deal. She's not above having that happen to her. I'm sure Martin wanted children, and Alexandra I'm sure wanted children, so if it's true......here ya go. It doesn't make her stupid, foolish or any other negative adjective.

If this is true, I wish her a happy and healthy pregnancy.

In the photos from Mary´s engagement today from ANP (posted in her current events thread) the captions say that Alexandra´s pregnancy was announced today....wishful thinking or has an announcement come from somewhere???

eireann said:
In the photos from Mary´s engagement today from ANP (posted in her current events thread) the captions say that Alexandra´s pregnancy was announced today....wishful thinking or has an announcement come from somewhere???
No official announcement from anywhere, as far as I'm aware. The quote that was picked up from Se & Hør, a less-than-reputable tabloid rag, in my opinion, by Ritzau among others, was:
"Alexandra and Martin are having a baby. The 42 year old countess is very secretive in public, but in the family it has been known for a long time that this weekend's bride is expecting.

The rumours have been around since the announcement of the very sudden wedding, but now the pregnancy is confirmed by that part of the "royal" family which lives in Austria. Alexandra's closest - sisters and parents - wish, quite naturally, to let her drop the "bomb" herself, but futher out in the family it is being discussed whether or not it is a boy or a girl."​

It might very well be true, and this is Alexandra's way of "dropping" the bomb via her Austrian relatives, an odd way of doing it - or it might be something that's been made up to explain the sudden wedding.

I'm a bit wary of the press reporting anything without official confirmations - Mary's first "pregnancy" turned out to be gallstone
- Joachim's first "girlfriend" after the divorce turned out to never have met him at all...
- Point de Vue reporting Mette-Marit pregnant and due in April, when she's looked slimmer at recent events than in quite a while...

Ctejnoe said:
Yes, its so typically danish.
I attended a wedding this summer where the bride was around 7 months pregant, too big for the white dress she had intended to wear, and the couple's 4 yr old daughter carried the rings.

You cant say its typical danish just because you have experienced it. Most ppl i know still get married and have kids after.

Wow! I was quite suprised to hear that Alexandra is "pregnant." However is this official now? Will there be a formal announcement by her?

Well no official statements... so I won't believe this until I hear the news coming from reliable sources like Reuters or AP news

I think that if she is indeed not pregnant and all this is just rumors, then there will be a denial in the next days/weeks, because the media response is now so massive...
Maybe nothing official, but something small like, "no, I am not pregnant" , if a reporter asks her...
If she is pregnant, I expect either a confirmation or nothing....
But right now, I rather think she is pregnant.

Since she is now entitled to a completely private life, there may be NO announcement whatsoever.

Well, Martin is young and I'm sure that he wants to be a father. So it is not surprising that she might be pregnant so soon, considering Alexandra's age.

I wondered about the short space of time between the engagement announcement and wedding announcement. If she is pregnant, best wishes to both of them and I hope she has a healthy pregnancy.

Stellad

As I said in their wedding thread, but seems appropriate here too, as long as they are happy, and dedicated to each other and their family, Nicolai, Felix, and any new baby that they may have, then I wish them all the best.

I bet any babies of theirs will be cute!

Is Alexandra pregnant? read it on DRW

at her age its not really safe on the baby but people do get pregnant & may also have twins. I hope her all the best & i wish its a little girl after 2 boys, i think that would be great. I think she did not reall show is because she might just be one month pregnant, i mean look at Mary, shes about 6-7months and started to show.

Although it is true that women over thirty-five who have babies are at a higher risk for birth defects, such as Down's Syndrome, as long as Alexandra is healthy, which she seems to be, and takes all the proper precautions, she, and any baby of hers, should be just fine.

QUEENECE29 said:
no older
She is 43 years old
I hope girl

She is not 43 but 42 and i still think that she is to olde to have a 3. child.

H.M. Margrethe said:
She is not 43 but 42 and i still think that she is to olde to have a 3. child.

It's up to her to decide if she wants a third child being aged 42.
My mother had my third sister when she was 40: it has been a marvellous gift for everyone.
More and more women have a child when they are 40 or older, I don't see the problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom