Charlotte Casiraghi, Dimitri Rassam & Family Current Events Part 45: February 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is indeed because she is a member of the Monegasque princely family that she receives so much attention. Had Grace Kelly married someone else, her grandchildren would most likely not be in the public spotlight.
Of course not. Who knows Audrey Hepburn’s grand daughter? She’s royal adjacent. None of the royals around the world are actually well known or revered because of any talent. It’s actually pretty depressing for them if you think about it.

I agree. She is definetely not the usual royal type. Good for her that she is not in that prominent position to have to represent her country. Being beautiful and rich she can pursue her own interests. She is, a rare example in royals, very intellectual, studied philosphy and much into thinking and contemplating about life and the problem of humanity. And she is a great lover of literature and reads a lot (just like me). That's one of the reasons I can connect with her. In fact I bought some of the books she recommended and wasn't disappointed.
About her private life concerning men and having children I don't know why she made the decisions she made. Does every woman know exactly why she wanted to have children?

I believe she was searching for a good relationship with a man she loved and having a good family life , but unfortunately it didin't work out for her. We don't know how Gad or Dimitri acted as husbands or fathers. Don't forget both of these men already had fathered a child and separated. It cannot be all her fault alone.
I don't think that she is a cold mother to her children, how can we know? I remember seeing pictures some time ago with her two sons, going on holiday, spending time with Dimitri's daughter from his first marriage. I was happy for her watching her relationship with Dimitri, very sad that it didn't work out for them.
She doesn't want to share pics of her children as many other prominent people don't want to. Nothing wrong with that, it is her private decision. I always had and still have a soft spot for her and don't think that she is cold, she is just more into philosophical and literture issues, which is quite unusual in royals.
Oh no don't get me wrong, it's good that she has real curiosity and intelligence. What a change to have seen a young woman who wasn't drunk and bouncing out of nightclubs everyday.

Of course I don't know her and behind the scenes she could ne the nicest, softest most compassionate person and that's more important to me than being entrenched in philosophical/literature pursuits.

If she added a little more of herself, some sense of humour into interviews of these discussions they'd be way more successful.

It's funny she says she doesn't like the royalling part because I've just been looking and I feel she's been more of a supporting act to her mum, auntie and uncle.

I was called out for being harsh to her so I've been looking around trying to find good things. She was smiling and waving to some kids during the Christmas Market with Charlene. She's was smiling to a little girl during a amade gala.

There was this paparazzi video of her at LAX and as usual the paps were being pathetic but she didn't act angry and even gave someone an autograph! That was shocking!

While she may not have a prominent role in supporting her country, she is still a member of a royal family hence her care in the public spotlight.

At the end of the day, Charlotte and her brothers are really the side show while the media await Albert's children becoming adults. There was a time when she probably would have become a princess ie if Albert hadn't had children and Caroline had succeeded him, but that isn't going to happen now.
She is entitled to her privacy in the same way Zara Philips is in the UK.

Oh no don't get me wrong, it's good that she has real curiosity and intelligence. What a change to have seen a young woman who wasn't drunk and bouncing out of nightclubs everyday.

Of course I don't know her and behind the scenes she could ne the nicest, softest most compassionate person and that's more important to me than being entrenched in philosophical/literature pursuits.

If she added a little more of herself, some sense of humour into interviews of these discussions they'd be way more successful.

It's funny she says she doesn't like the royalling part because I've just been looking and I feel she's been more of a supporting act to her mum, auntie and uncle.

I was called out for being harsh to her so I've been looking around trying to find good things. She was smiling and waving to some kids during the Christmas Market with Charlene. She's was smiling to a little girl during a amade gala.

There was this paparazzi video of her at LAX and as usual the paps were being pathetic but she didn't act angry and even gave someone an autograph! That was shocking!
This response is meant in the spirit of conversation. Full disclosure. You seem to want her to conform to your way of being, and I’m not sure that’s possible. As private person and a member of society, the only thing she owes to anyone is respect, common courtesy, and a certain amount of decency. Keeping that in mind, I have a few questions on the points highlighted above:

1. That’s a phase of life that some engage in. It’s obvious you don’t approve and neither do I, but is that something that a person usually outgrow? If not, and the person becomes a danger to others, isn’t there a system in place to hold said person accountable?

2. That’s a choice, correct? As you admit yourself, you can hold anything you enjoy to whatever degree of importance you want and still be a nice person.

3. Why can’t she be herself? Not everyone is or can be humorous.

I cannot see why Charlotte cannot be into philosophy and literature without being criticized. I myself am not into philosphy but much interested in literature and have been reading a lot since I was a child.

Now, she is making it public, wants to share her views and opinions about literature with other people who are interested. indeed only that small section of people who are at all interested in literature nowadays.
She has invited writers, mainly women and has introduced them to an audience. I guess she doesn't need to earn an income, just doing this because it is a matter that is important for her.

Rich and privileged as she is she could lead a completely private life, just as her brothers who don't go into public often. It's nice when she shows up for official events of the Grimaldi family to support her uncle and his family, and as far as I can remember she was there. As we know, Dimitri almost never attended, he probably disliked it. But event hat is not important since she and her siblings are not obliged to attend official meetings. That is Albert and Charlene's job.
And also, that very small country which is smaller than most cities in any other European countries with no poverty and no political problems, just doesn't need a whole bunch of royals to cut ribbons or visit parts of the country as is the case in other European still existing royal families.

I think what would help her connection with the public is if she talked about any fears, anxiety, compassion, strength etc. that she has that would make her more relatable since these are characteristics we all have. She could say things like “I have a strong mom who took care of 3 kids on her own and that has helped shape me as a person” or “I’m still trying to figure myself and my life out. I get pretty anxious thinking about it but I’m hopeful that I will have a good life to lead that my kids will be proud of to follow.” And even though we aren’t royalty or descendants of grace like her, she could still be humble & self-aware about that “growing up, I was fortunate to see my mom and her siblings be so gracious and kind to all kinds of people with all the charity work they do and helping my country. I want to continue that legacy and feel fortunate my grandmother was just as beloved.” Statements like those would make her more down to earth imo instead of trying to be free or rebellious from royalty, privilege, anything official and criticism which make her seem out of touch and detached.

:previous: I don’t disagree, but maybe she’s feeling sorry for herself or making excuses like I said previously. Not good enough? She’s still evolving, and you never know, she might reach a point where she will grow and learn to have a better perspective. The journey of self discovery is hard and sometimes a long process for all of us.

I think
I think what would help her connection with the public is if she talked about any fears, anxiety, compassion, strength etc. that she has that would make her more relatable since these are characteristics we all have. She could say things like “I have a strong mom who took care of 3 kids on her own and that has helped shape me as a person” or “I’m still trying to figure myself and my life out. I get pretty anxious thinking about it but I’m hopeful that I will have a good life to lead that my kids will be proud of to follow.” And even though we aren’t royalty or descendants of grace like her, she could still be humble & self-aware about that “growing up, I was fortunate to see my mom and her siblings be so gracious and kind to all kinds of people with all the charity work they do and helping my country. I want to continue that legacy and feel fortunate my grandmother was just as beloved.” Statements like those would make her more down to earth imo instead of trying to be free or rebellious from royalty, privilege, anything official and criticism which make her seem out of touch and detached.
I think you've hit the nail on the head. The comparison to Zara is apt buy being a brit, Zara has always been happy to help out. She accepts the family she's in. Loved her grandparents and respected their roles and what they meant to the country.

She'll be happy to talk to crowds etc.

Back
Top Bottom