Belgian State Visit to France: October 14 - 16, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't remember if King Albert II went on State Visit to France , but I remember the unfortunate State Visit of King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola in 1961. President de Gaulle was not happy they came at the Opera evening 45 minutes too late because the evening dress of the Queen did not came in time. The day after Queen Fabiola was not feeling well.

I don't remember if King Albert II went on State Visit to France , but I remember the unfortunate State Visit of King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola in 1961. President de Gaulle was not happy they came at the Opera evening 45 minutes too late because the evening dress of the Queen did not came in time. The day after Queen Fabiola was not feeling well.
Albert II and Paola were hosted by the Chiracs back in 2003.
As for the 1961 visit, Fabiola did cancel her attendance to the State banquet at Versailles, feeling indeed unwell.

Thanks! A pity they did not attend the banquet.

As for the dress code: the Dutch monarchs were downgraded to business suits and cocktail dresses IIRC, so this is an improvement. I imagine this must have been the wish of the presidency and not of the court. But it is nice the French presidency has the courtesey to upgrade the dress code for the British monarch.

Elisabeth & her family returned to live in Belgium many years ago. Her two youngest children were born in Brussels.

Back
Top Bottom