Andrew's future outside of the working BRF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I doubt he will be. He's becoming old news now - the emergence of the Omicron variant is dominating newspapers and news bulletins to the extent that relatively little attention's being paid to the trial. Having said which, all that's been said so far is that he travelled on Epstein's private jet - but the same's been said about Bill Clinton, Donald Trump and Kevin Spacey.

Goodness knows what else will come out of this.

That's why I asked if this is a joke or made up or wishful thinking of something to create clickbait. What has been quoted alludes to the fact that with pointing the finger back at Giuffre, Andrew not only knew her but knew her enough to know what she was up to and in stating that Giuffre, herself, procured underage girls, and blows Andrew's denials that he's stuck with for so long, out of the water onto dry land to flounder like a fish.

Then I wish that "article" (which by the way, I have not clicked on and read) had stated it the way you did and not as if it had come from Andrew's mouth. :D

I am not quite clear on what quote or statement you are commenting on as you say you have not read either of the articles posted above. But the only statement/quote describing the Duke of York's court filing in the Times report seemingly implies that he is relying on a claim made by the sister of Virginia Giuffre's ex-boyfriend:

The court papers quote Crystal Figueroa, the sister of one of Giuffre’s ex-boyfriends, who claims she was asked by Andrew’s accuser for help in recruiting minors: “She [Giuffre] would say to me, ‘Do you know any girls who are kind of slutty?’”
The court filing continues: “It is a striking feature of this case that while lurid allegations are made against Prince Andrew by Giuffre, the only party to this claim whose conduct has involved the wilful recruitment and trafficking of young girls for sexual abuse is Giuffre herself, including while she was an adult.”

So from my point of view I cannot see any allusion in the article/court filing to the duke obtaining his alleged information from Ms. Giuffre personally.

It has been known for about a decade that Andrew travelled on that plane ... the pilot even gave dates but at least two of the dates the pilot gave were proven to be impossible as he was undertaking official duties in the UK according to the CC.

The Maxwell trial makes Prince Andrew look even sleazier than he looked before; I hope he never is allowed back into official life.

For so far nothing more than that the Duke was one of the passengers in an impressive listing of the who-is-who boarding Mr Epstein's private yet. So I do not know what has made him "sleazier" ?

he travelled on Epstein's private jet - but the same's been said about Bill Clinton, Donald Trump and Kevin Spacey.

You mean Bill "I did not have s@x with this woman" Clinton, Donald "Grab 'em by the p#ssy" Trump and Kevin " The Molester" Spacey? Quite the company!

You mean Bill "I did not have s@x with this woman" Clinton, Donald "Grab 'em by the p#ssy" Trump and Kevin " The Molester" Spacey? Quite the company!

Makes Andrew look like a very small fish in a very large ocean. To be honest, in the Epstein/Maxwell scheme of things, Andrew actually was a very small player on the outskirts of the whole lifestyle but happened to get caught up in it. Epstein would have appealed to Andrew as he was "influential".

I don't see any more major repercussions coming down on Andrew's head. He's paying the price of his actions and words and has been eliminated from public life representing the monarchy and to be honest, that's enough. Bigger players than Andrew are going to walk away from all this unblemished.

well yes they are all a sleazy bunch of men, Andrew deserves to lose his job, because of his associations with this lifestyle.. and Epstein. But the others are presumably still pursuing thier normal lives....

well yes they are all a sleazy bunch of men, Andrew deserves to lose his job, because of his associations with this lifestyle.. and Epstein. But the others are presumably still pursuing thier normal lives....

He has no job so he lost nothing. He is a prince of the blood royal. That is no "job" because when he was born he already had this position anyway. For so far he is not guilty to anything at all and this process is about Ms Maxwell. The accuser of the Duke, Ms Giuffre, is no part because of an earlier agreement she reached with Ms Maxwell.

Andrew's name sells papers but when they say, "The Duke of York this and that", isn't it clear that they mean Andrew's counsel? He tried to fly solo and this resulted in a disastrous interview. Since then, he's been compliant with what his team says.

They aren't going to say he learned anything personally from Ms Giuffre, of course. He can't even remember all this much about her, right? That was his defence.

Members of this family sure are "forgetful" when they are implicated in something serious in a court of law arent they

The Maxwell trial makes Prince Andrew look even sleazier than he looked before; I hope he never is allowed back into official life.
Whatever the outcome of this, I don't think he will ever recover from the stain..

He has no job so he lost nothing. He is a prince of the blood royal. That is no "job" because when he was born he already had this position anyway.

Denville was naturally referring to the Duke of York's resignation from public life. Many of his former patronages have also officially or unofficially cut ties.

It has been known for about a decade that Andrew travelled on that plane ... the pilot even gave dates but at least two of the dates the pilot gave were proven to be impossible as he was undertaking official duties in the UK according to the CC.

For so far he is not guilty to anything at all and this process is about Ms Maxwell. The accuser of the Duke, Ms Giuffre, is no part because of an earlier agreement she reached with Ms Maxwell.

Because the discussion is no longer about Prince Andrew's future in the working BRF, I will continue with my reply here. https://www.theroyalforums.com/foru...oversy-2010-2021-a-30333-229.html#post2440724 :flowers:

Last edited:
Andrew's name sells papers but when they say, "The Duke of York this and that", isn't it clear that they mean Andrew's counsel? He tried to fly solo and this resulted in a disastrous interview. Since then, he's been compliant with what his team says.

They aren't going to say he learned anything personally from Ms Giuffre, of course. He can't even remember all this much about her, right? That was his defence.

The Duke has no recollection of ever meeting her. I can relate to that because I have no idea who sat next to me in the train, two days ago, let alone 20 years ago.

I see pictures of myself on parties, receptions and holidays with folks I really do not remember who they were but the proof is there: they were at the same event as me.

And then I am no royal, meeting hundreds of people in a year. So when Andrew says he has no recollection of ever meeting Ms Giuffre, this is pretty plausible (which is not the same as never having met her because that is obvious from a picture)

Exactly. How many of us have been greeted, maybe even by name, by someone and felt extremely embarrassed because we had no idea whom the person was: we just didn't remember meeting them. Or greeted someone ourselves and then felt awkward when it became obvious that the person had no idea who we were? I always stick photos in albums and write names by them for that very reason. If I met a prince, I would definitely remember :) . But I very much doubt that he'd remember me.

He has no job so he lost nothing. He is a prince of the blood royal. That is no "job" because when he was born he already had this position anyway. For so far he is not guilty to anything at all and this process is about Ms Maxwell. The accuser of the Duke, Ms Giuffre, is no part because of an earlier agreement she reached with Ms Maxwell.

He has had to give up his work as a royal, as so many charities dropped him as their patron.

The Duke has no recollection of ever meeting her. I can relate to that because I have no idea who sat next to me in the train, two days ago, let alone 20 years ago.

I see pictures of myself on parties, receptions and holidays with folks I really do not remember who they were but the proof is there: they were at the same event as me.

And then I am no royal, meeting hundreds of people in a year. So when Andrew says he has no recollection of ever meeting Ms Giuffre, this is pretty plausible (which is not the same as never having met her because that is obvious from a picture)
I wasn't being ironic. I'm one of the people who got terrible memory for faces. I need to see someone at least 10 times in a particular setting to commit them to memory. I'm much better with names but I'm constantly stopped in the streets by people whose faces I can't remember. It only comes with the names and the memories of the conversation - and that's with people I know that I know. With acquaintances I've seen once or twice, it's hopeless.

I do believe it's entirely possible he has no recollection of ever meeting her. He doesn't even have my benefit of being better with names because I've met much less people than he, so less to remember.

I wasn't being ironic. I'm one of the people who got terrible memory for faces. I need to see someone at least 10 times in a particular setting to commit them to memory. I'm much better with names but I'm constantly stopped in the streets by people whose faces I can't remember. It only comes with the names and the memories of the conversation - and that's with people I know that I know. With acquaintances I've seen once or twice, it's hopeless.

I do believe it's entirely possible he has no recollection of ever meeting her. He doesn't even have my benefit of being better with names because I've met much less people than he, so less to remember.

Of course, when the Duke has shared the bed with Ms Giuffre, it is most unlikely he does not remember her. But that is exactly something the Duke categorically denies: to have shared the bed with her.

With the news that Andrew will stop using his HRH, it seems highly unlikely he will ever return to public life.

With the news that Andrew will stop using his HRH, it seems highly unlikely he will ever return to public life.

The official news is that he no longer is a patron of any royal patronage and that he gave up all his (honorary?) military appointments. In addition, it was said that IN THIS CASE, he would proceed as a private citizen. So, yes, it is very unlikely that he will ever return to public life but the non-use of the HRH is specific to the court case it seems, so in theory he could take it up in other context or in other times.

He was never going to be permitted to return to public life anyway....under any circumstances.

The Wikipedia article does not include the HRH in Prince Andrew's information.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Andrew,_Duke_of_York

While Wikipedia is of course not an official site in any way, it is probably helpful to point out that other British royal highnesses aren't described as such either. That information is normally included under 'titles, styles, honours and arms' (or some version of that title) as it is for Andrew.

Will he attend the Jubilee?

I think that, as the BBC's royal correspondent commented, the fact that his military roles and royal patronages are to be redistributed to other family members is the sign that his retirement from public life will be permanent.

The official news is that he no longer is a patron of any royal patronage and that he gave up all his (honorary?) military appointments. In addition, it was said that IN THIS CASE, he would proceed as a private citizen. So, yes, it is very unlikely that he will ever return to public life but the non-use of the HRH is specific to the court case it seems, so in theory he could take it up in other context or in other times.

The news that the Duke of York will stop using his HRH in an official capacity (not specifically in the court case) was not said in any official announcement but by anonymous "royal source".

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rip-prince-andrew-of-honorary-military-titles

However, as I said in the other thread, reputable media are reporting the anonymous source's comments as fact, which leads me to believe the source is trustworthy.

I doubt that Andrew will ever again attend any official public event, even The Queen's funeral or his brother's coronation as they aren't just public events but state occasions.

I am also not sure if his daughters will be attending these events given that their attendance will immediately focus the world's media on Andrew's non-attendance.

I very much doubt we will ever see him again with any family members, outside maybe his daughters but even that is doubtful.

I suspect even his death will barely be noticed - nothing in the CC for instance or any acknowledgement of his funeral.

He will simply not be mentioned or seen again - regardless of the outcome of the case.

Last edited:
I doubt that Andrew will ever again attend any official public event, even The Queen's funeral or his brother's coronation as they aren't just public events but state occasions.

I am also not sure if his daughters will be attending these events given that their attendance will immediately focus the world's media on Andrew's non-attendance.

I seriously doubt that Andrew would ever be barred from his own mother's funeral. For Charles' coronation though, I can see him being relegated to sitting in the balcony much like the Queen Mother did for her daughter's sitting with Charles and Anne. Omitted from the oath taking. Andrew will, like Harry, remain beloved family members but totally obliterated and ostracized from anything to do with the monarchy and it's "Firm".

In what way would forbidding Beatrice and Eugenie from attending their grandmother's funeral reduce the world media's focus on Andrew's non-attendance?

I seriously doubt that Andrew would ever be barred from his own mother's funeral. For Charles' coronation though, I can see him being relegated to sitting in the balcony much like the Queen Mother did for her daughter's sitting with Charles and Anne. Omitted from the oath taking. Andrew will, like Harry, remain beloved family members but totally obliterated and ostracized from anything to do with the monarchy and it's "Firm".

The Queen's funeral will be a State event so I can see Charles refusing to allow him to attend. He may be able to attend the private internment at Windsor Castle but not the public funeral at WA. Her funeral will be as big an occasion as Charles' coronation and he won't attend that either. Harry will attend both.

Anne didn't attend The Queen's Coronation. She was on the balcony at BP afterwards but didn't go to the Abbey.

Back
Top Bottom