A wife for Albert

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I admire Dr. Rice. She is intelligent, educated, street savvy, brilliant and highly respected among her peers. She is a real class act. Any man would be proud to have her as a wife. However, Dr. Rice is a no-nonsense person and would never tolerate Albert’s fickle ways towards women. She would knock Albert’s butt the hell and tell him to take his two sisters with him.

Dr. Rice is a mature woman and not a candidate for a family. Besides, Albert is not her type.

LadyMacAlpine said:
What if Albert just marries a complete unknown he is in love with? What if she can't have children? What if she isn't at all pretty?

I would guess he has no real problem any of those things -- especialy the part about the woman not being pretty (at least by what the public would consider pretty anyway...):D :p ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The more I read about all those above mentioned ridiculous matches offered to Albert :D :D :D the more I make sure that his real choice will be much much much sensational :p than well-known political or show-business figures :cool:

Aquamarine, What do you mean by sensational?

AquaMarine said:
The more I read about all those above mentioned ridiculous matches offered to Albert :D :D :D the more I make sure that his real choice will be much much much sensational :p than well-known political or show-business figures :cool:

Freedom said:
Aquamarine, What do you mean by sensational?

IMO, Prince Albert will either never marry, or mary a completely unknown and not "fashionable" person. I mean we have very often see him with beauties like Claudia Schiffer or Tacha de Vasconcelos, but we are not sure that he had real relationships with those girls.

The only long relationship we know is with Nicole Coste, which is not really the living example of beauty, fame and blue blood.

If he finds true love, Prince Albert, may act like many the other crownprinces, of Spain, Holland, Denmark, and of course, the first of all Haakon, who imposed their own choice, against all. Do you think that Mette Marit was the exact dreamed bride for a young Prince?? Not at all, but he married her.
Prince Albert would be able to act exactly in the same way.

fandesacs2003 said:
IMO, Prince Albert will either never marry, or mary a completely unknown and not "fashionable" person. I mean we have very often see him with beauties like Claudia Schiffer or Tacha de Vasconcelos, but we are not sure that he had real relationships with those girls.

The only long relationship we know is with Nicole Coste, which is not really the living example of beauty, fame and blue blood.

If he finds true love, Prince Albert, may act like many the other crownprinces, of Spain, Holland, Denmark, and of course, the first of all Haakon, who imposed their own choice, against all. Do you think that Mette Marit was the exact dreamed bride for a young Prince?? Not at all, but he married her.
Prince Albert would be able to act exactly in the same way.

Yes, it is, but I would add that very likely it will be a carefully though out step. I guess he thinks like me - Everything or Nothing! ;) and so I leave 50% for that he will prefer to stay single forever. It's evident that Albert has a more sophisticated and deep personality than all other today's princes. Saying about his possible "sensational" choice I meant namely that. If nevertheless one day Fate sends him someone special, I doubt that she will be looking&behaving like all those girls around him we saw up to now...It shall be something unexpected...That notorius story with a flight attendant was the first known "trial balloon" :)

Well why should Albert have to marry and have kids? He doesnt REALLY have to, after his death the throne can be passed on to Andrea or maybe Caroline. I think that if he doesnt want to get married then let that be the case, if he does marry in order to keep the public happy, then it wont be a good marriage, it will be miserable, so will his future children because their parents (Albert and ?) married out of force.

There are plenty of other Monegasque royals who can take over when Albert passes. If he doesnt marry, fine, i dont think it is a necessity. Just my opinion. Elizabeth I of England never married or had kids, and the BRF is going strong today. I dont see why this cant be the case for Albert

Sure, Albert has the absolute right to do with his life what he thinks is right...We are just playing here...our suppositions, hopes and wishes remain just our suppositions, hopes and wishes :)

I still find it HARD to believe that Prince Albert cannot find a suitable wife and partner somewhere in the world - someone intelligent, confident, and loyal - and STOP looking toward the bimbos from the entertainment world, or those looking to trap him by getting pregnant. It seems that there are not many age-appropriate royal women out there, but was there no one he dated at college, no friend of his Levine cousins, or no professional women he comes across today in his many duties.....I just don't think he has the confidence to commit to someone - truly PUT himself in a situation where he may be rejected. If he were up against someone equally matched, intellectually, they may not find him that interesting. But, all the models and actresses who look great, but are vapid and stupid.....not much of a challenge - great photo op for them, but eventually he gets bored and moves on. NC - not exactly a match (and I don't mean her race) - in that, she had a low-level career, less education than him, she seemingly got fed up being his "secret mistress" and decided to use the only power she had....why he was careless enough to let that happen is beyond me. I don't think he has any good, valid reason for not finding someone from the time he graduated college until now....amazing

Horseygal said:
I still find it HARD to believe that Prince Albert cannot find a suitable wife and partner somewhere in the world - someone intelligent, confident, and loyal ... It seems that there are not many age-appropriate royal women out there, but was there no one he dated at college, no friend of his Levine cousins, or no professional women he comes across today in his many duties.....I just don't think he has the confidence to commit to someone - truly PUT himself in a situation where he may be rejected. If he were up against someone equally matched, intellectually, they may not find him that interesting...but eventually he gets bored and moves on...I don't think he has any good, valid reason for not finding someone from the time he graduated college until now....amazing

How about he didn't find anyone he really loved? With whom he really wanted to spend the rest of his life? Someone who will put her ambitions and aspirations aside and be willing and able to assume the myriad of duties and responsibilities that it takes to be the wife of a head of state? For many women the job description is not all that appealling -- life as PA's wife would be far more than designer clothes, balls, and fancy vacations. Women may not be rejecting him but the realities of the duties and obligations that come with being his wife. For all of the joking that we've been doing recently, being anyone's wife much less one of a reigning sovereign is pretty serious business.

Re: not finding anyone since he's graduated from college...when you are concentrating on a career and other obligations it's hard to maintain a relationship particularly one where it is made clear from the beginning that you are a distant second. That's difficult for a lot of women to accept (and some men too).

Horseygal said:
I still find it HARD to believe that Prince Albert cannot find a suitable wife and partner somewhere in the world - someone intelligent, confident, and loyal - and STOP looking toward the bimbos from the entertainment world, or those looking to trap him by getting pregnant. It seems that there are not many age-appropriate royal women out there, but was there no one he dated at college, no friend of his Levine cousins, or no professional women he comes across today in his many duties.....I just don't think he has the confidence to commit to someone - truly PUT himself in a situation where he may be rejected. If he were up against someone equally matched, intellectually, they may not find him that interesting. But, all the models and actresses who look great, but are vapid and stupid.....not much of a challenge - great photo op for them, but eventually he gets bored and moves on. NC - not exactly a match (and I don't mean her race) - in that, she had a low-level career, less education than him, she seemingly got fed up being his "secret mistress" and decided to use the only power she had....why he was careless enough to let that happen is beyond me. I don't think he has any good, valid reason for not finding someone from the time he graduated college until now....amazing
First of all he has been in a few relationships had they gone on they would have headed to marriage it came from his own lips in a Larry King Live interview. Mary Whyte was one. Hope I spelled her name correctly. I will say more later.

I think, that royal marriage is not only a question of love, it's like the work, a woman who becomes the wife of the royal person has to understand, that it's the work for the rest of her life, inspite of her own preferences, real relations inside the couple and so on. It's a hard work sometimes :)

pinklady1991 said:
How about he didn't find anyone he really loved? With whom he really wanted to spend the rest of his life? Someone who will put her ambitions and aspirations aside and be willing and able to assume the myriad of duties and responsibilities that it takes to be the wife of a head of state? For many women the job description is not all that appealling -- life as PA's wife would be far more than designer clothes, balls, and fancy vacations. Women may not be rejecting him but the realities of the duties and obligations that come with being his wife. For all of the joking that we've been doing recently, being anyone's wife much less one of a reigning sovereign is pretty serious business.
pinklady1991 said:
Re: not finding anyone since he's graduated from college...when you are concentrating on a career and other obligations it's hard to maintain a relationship particularly one where it is made clear from the beginning that you are a distant second. That's difficult for a lot of women to accept (and some men too).

You're right - love is paramount to any real relationship. But, he certainly found the time to father a child, or two, so I believe he approaches relationships from the standpoint of what he can control - maybe he wanted to disprove the "gay" rumors by fathering a child....which doesn't mean he has to marry the woman, but proves that they had relations. And, as far as it being difficult work being married to a high-profile person - so?! There are plenty of smart, ambitious women (and men) married to powerful people, royal or otherwise, and they seem to make it work - really ask yourself why THIS guy simply cannot find anyone his equal.....very suspect, other than what I said. I don't think he has the guts to put himself in a relationship where he is not calling all the shots, or the woman is truly his equal intellectually and financially. It's seems easier when the woman is lesser than him...there always seems to be some "out" for him.

There is one obvious choice Charlize Theron, she has also won an Oscar, a great actress, beautiful, has class, is strong!

Horseygal said:
There are plenty of smart, ambitious women (and men) married to powerful people, royal or otherwise, and they seem to make it work - really ask yourself why THIS guy simply cannot find anyone his equal.....very suspect, other than what I said. I don't think he has the guts to put himself in a relationship where he is not calling all the shots, or the woman is truly his equal intellectually and financially. It's seems easier when the woman is lesser than him...there always seems to be some "out" for him.

Many men in powerful positons do not want equals...they want someone who is willing to play a supportive role. Other than Oprah Winfrey, I don't see all that many women who are on the same level financially as PA. Most heiresses do not have control of their finances (most have corporate trustees) or the family's funds will be subdivided over many remaindermen when they do dissolve.

Maybe if you are in a position where so many people are pushing a potential spouse on you, you just retreat. That kind of pressure and outside second guessing puts a strain on the relationship from the outset. It's like anyone who gets to a "certain age" (whatever that may be) and seems to have it all together, but is still single. Some blame it on past bad relationships, some blame it on just being too fussy, etc. Maybe the issues aren't internal at all but external.

Just my opinion...had a little experience with this myself...;)

lady mac
u had said in a pervious post something to the effect that he might be married already? were did u hear this and who is she?

For me, he should remain single and leave everything to Caroline as his sole heir. She could turn Monaco around with some sense of respectability, as long as Ernst keeps off his vices too.

semisquare said:
lady mac
u had said in a pervious post something to the effect that he might be married already? were did u hear this and who is she?

You know, I won't be surprised. After all, the royal shocker of the decade was Albert's private life exposed by the tabloids in the shape of a baby boy. No one in any forum knew or suspected it until the whole thing was exposed. Right? We knew or suspected about the teenage girl but Alexandre was the jackpot on royal secrets.

So, one of these days we will see the 'wife' show up. Maybe a desperate young aristocrat Grace-Kelly-wanna-be.

Should Prince Albert marry, do you think he would be faithful until death do them part?

Freedom said:
Should Prince Albert marry, do you think he would be faithful until death do them part?
Yes, without quesiton he will be. You don't wait most of your life for love then to screw it up to visit foreign ports.

It would be beautiful if he did end up with a true and enduring love story. Thank you LadyMacAlpine for responding. :)

Freedom said:
It would be beautiful if he did end up with a true and enduring love story. Thank you LadyMacAlpine for responding. :)
You're welcome and yes it would be beautiful.

Please stay on topic and have personal conversations through PMs.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Yes, without quesiton he will be. You don't wait most of your life for love then to screw it up to visit foreign ports.
Well, he has surely been looking a while and I am sure that he would start out with the best intentions, but old habbits die hard and no matter how much you might love each other when you marry, daily life can do a lot of harm to any relation and being under constant scrutiny does not make it any easier. So waiting for Ms Perfect to come around and then to live with her, are two different things. I wish him the best of luck, but there is never a 100% guarantee for happiness.

The music is almost the "same procedure as every year", although this year there will be 3 soloists singing, 2 of them excellent, the 3rd has a good voice, but unfortunetely it doesn't carry, so the other 2 basically "drown" him, without being able to do anything about it. The boy (Alex) who sang the solo last time will be one of them (he has such a brilliant voice considering his age and training and an incredible interpretation too, I hope PA will help and encourage him to consider music his profession)

My only hope is that PA doesn't decide that "it's time to get married" and do what many of my male friends did and got married b/c they hit a certain age or felt that it was the next item on their to do. :( This attitude cost one a lot of happiness in his current situation and another a lot of money in the divorce settlement.

Also re: would he be faithful...I don't know...I'd like to think that he had a solid example of a faithful marriage from his parents and follows what he had been taught. But I agree with paca sometimes habits are hard to break, vow in front of God not withstanding.

Isn't that alleged statement rather telling. I wouldn't let it upset you, however, he seems to say anything to try to deflect the focus from himself regarding relationships. There is something very suspect about him and his opinion toward women. Princess Grace was intelligent, and seemed to be a sweet, loving wife and mother. I could see if she had been an absentee partner/parent, dispicable toward the children and Prince Rainier - if that were the case (which we know it wasn't) why he might have formulated such a low opinion of women. I think there is something much more sinister as to why he claims he cannot find "the one," whether she is young, the same age as him, older....he can throw out all the excuses he wants, there is a real problem there. I just find it hard to take him seriously on this topic, and I bet I'm not alone.

Horseygal said:
Isn't that alleged statement rather telling. I wouldn't let it upset you, however, he seems to say anything to try to deflect the focus from himself regarding relationships. There is something very suspect about him and his opinion toward women. Princess Grace was intelligent, and seemed to be a sweet, loving wife and mother. I could see if she had been an absentee partner/parent, dispicable toward the children and Prince Rainier - if that were the case (which we know it wasn't) why he might have formulated such a low opinion of women. I think there is something much more sinister as to why he claims he cannot find "the one," whether she is young, the same age as him, older....he can throw out all the excuses he wants, there is a real problem there. I just find it hard to take him seriously on this topic, and I bet I'm not alone.
You are correct in using the word alleged it was a quote and I didn't hear it. It didn't upset me. Don't forget Princess Grace was in Paris with the girls. Albert was in Monaco with his father going to school. You forget a source has said Grace had to ask Rainier to see Albert when he was little. They didn't have a normal healthy upbringing as children should. No child of a Royal does.

Albert's day will consist of getting up off to his office taking care of things like a city mayor would only more demanding. Lunch with the wife, hello to the children when small and back at it. Dinner might be at home but could likely be off somewhere with the wife to a function. A normal marriage has its problems but being married to him will have more. It will take a special type of woman to deal with it. Go in with your eyes wide open with padding and boxing gloves on and take the punches as they come.

Horseygal said:

Horseygal, do you think by PA's deflecting the focus away from him it may be a defensive tactic to keep his private life as private as possible? Perhaps he knows exactly what he wants but hopes to keep those criteria quiet so as to avoid women molding themselves into something they aren't? Perhaps this is a naive way of looking at things, but do you think it's a possibility? Another reason, could be he doesn't know what he wants exactly enough to verbalize it, but he'll know when he meets her?

As Lady M says in another post, marriage to a sovereign ruler isn't quite like what the average person experiences: it reminds me of a doctor or high-level politician but on a more intense level. I've heard the same thing that Rainier was in control of Albert's education, while the girls were Grace's domain. But keeping the Oedipal analysis out of the discussion (that's a thread in of itself), any spouse of a reigning monarch has to learn to juggle the needs of his/her spouse, the state, and his/her children above his/her own. Raised in that kind of environment could leave PA a pretty good judge of who is up to the job and who isn't. And in today's day and age, most people don't know how to truly put the needs of others above their own.

pinklady1991 said:
...Also re: would he be faithful...I don't know...I'd like to think that he had a solid example of a faithful marriage from his parents and follows what he had been taught. But I agree with paca sometimes habits are hard to break, vow in front of God not withstanding.
IMHO, quite the contrary :cool:, Albert is afraid to repeat his parents marriage type and tries to avoid it delaying his own experience. Faithful...it's well known they weren't...Let's be perfectly honest, Grace and Ranier had exceptional and strong personalities, as parents they were loving and careful, but at the same time we should not forget that their intimate life was far from ideal from the beginning to the end, it wasn't peaceful and happy (may be only on magazine covers). Their union was sooner a firm companionship, and so I think Albert have some fears about future family relationship, they are hiden deeply inside and probably he even does not know what&who he needs exactly so that to create happy family...In this case Albert differs from Steph. She learns by her own mistakes fearlessly doing wrong steps and repeating them time and again while Albert prefers to remain as an observer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom