A Princess is Born in Denmark!: April 21, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And don't forget Hala of Jordan, the daughter of Prince Hashem and Princess Fahdah!

Of the major ruling families, baby boys are scarce: excluding those out of childhood, the only sons of crown princes, and kings, are HH Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway, HRH Prince Christian of Denmark (the hereditary prince), TRH Princes Gabriel and Emmanuel of Belgium, HRH Crown Prince Moulay Hassan of Morocco, and TRH Prince Hussein (the expected crown prince) (not really a little boy anymore) and Prince Hashem of Jordan.
The other young princes are Princes Nicolas and Aymmeric of Belgium (sons of Laurent and Claire), Princes Nicolai and Felix of Denmark (sons of Prince Joachim), Prince Abdullah of Jordan (son of Prince Ali and Princess Rym), and Prince Hisahito of Japan (son of Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko).

LadyK, love your avatar! very cute and apropriate.

Bravo, Great News. I Hope See The 4 Together Sonner.

Congratulation

Just woke up and heard the great news on Sunrise. Congrats Mary, Fred and the new Belle :wub: and how could I forget, big brother Christian.

Wow congratulations! That's wonderful. I didn't know it was that long since a princess had been born!

Wonderful

Congratulations !
:lol: Princess Mary does really everything right : first a boy for the throne then a girl for Prince Henrik who dreams of a little granddaughter after three boys !

Congratulations to the Royal Couple and all of Denmark!!!!
Im

Fantastic news!!! Yippee it's a girl! :) Congrats to Mary, Fred and Christian! And not to mention Margrethe and Henrik, and the rest of Denmark! :flowers: The first Danish princess in 60 odd years!

Can't wait to see pics of the Lilleprinsesse

Xeara said:
I am so glad they had a girl...the perfect pigeon pair...I knew Mary would pull it of...snagged a prince in a pub, married him, had a son first and then a daughter...I tell you, that woman is just born lucky :)

And an April 21st birthdate!!!...Queen Elizabeth II and a few days after Queen Margrethe's birthday...and Mary's mother's birthday is soon on the 12th of May...

I think her name will be:

Princess Arabella Ingrid Henrietta Margrethe :)
or
Princess Henrietta Ingrid Dagmar Elizabeth
or
Princess Matilda Ingrid Henrietta Margrethe

OOOOoooo...I just bursting with anticipation as to what her name will be...why do we have to wait so long???..until July/August...

Yes, Mary was born under a lucky star. She is certainly a credit to Denmark. Ah, the wonder of finding your TRUE love. It just makes everything happen perfectly.

Why are some people stating that Mary does everything perfect because she had a boy first to inherit the throne and now a girl second? In most of these European country's (didn't Denmark even get this male preference changed recently) there are equal rights that exist to the throne. It is a little disrespectful in my opinion to current reigning queens and anyone else that is a female and in line to inherit a throne.

By the way does anyone know of any specific time that has been reported for Mary and baby to go home? Or is it still up in the air on whether or not she will go home tomorrow? I just don't want to miss first pics of the new princess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations with the new Princess.

I miss the decorum a bit. It is all too flumsy and clumsy to see how things are going with the newborn Princess. A Crown Prince answering questions in jeans? Modern and refreshing?

Call me oldfashioned, I prefer the press conference annex presentation in the Netherlands with a certain distance and decorum, with an impeccably dressed Prince showing his daughter in historic lace.

This is nice. But this could have been Freddy from three high instead of Denmark's future King.

:ermm:

Aurora810 said:
Why is are some people stating that Mary does everything perfect because she had a boy first to inherit the throne and now a girl second? In most of these European country's even in Denmark there are equal rights that exist to the throne. It is a little disrespectful in my opinion to current reigning queens and anyone else that is a female and in line to inherit the throne. If Mary and Fred had a girl first and now a boy she would be an heiress to the throne. It's not like in some countries where they have to have a boy.
As far as the current situation is - Denmark does not, per today, have equal rights for men and women when it comes to succession to the throne. Women have a right to the throne, but the law of 1953 states that brother goes before sister in the order. This means that if Mary had had a girl first, and then Christian had been born - Christian would still have been the heir to the throne. If Mary and Frederik had had twins yesterday, a boy and a girl, and even if the girl had been born first - the line to the throne would have been Christian, boy, girl. As it is - if Mary and Frederik have a third child, and it is a boy, he will go before his sister in the line to the throne. If I've understood it correctly.

And yes, the law was about to be changed around Christian's birth, but having the male heir, slowed it down a bit. I'm unsure as to the exact progress it has made to this date. There are all sorts of complications as it is tied into the constitution and whatnot.

:flowers: CONGRATULATIONS :flowers:
I just woke to the news that Denmark has a Princess.
Wow, she has arrived early, it's so exciting. Crown Prince Frederik looked so happy talking to the press. I can't wait to see the first pics.

Oh, I thought they'd changed that law! It doesn't matter right now, though, because Christian is still older.

acdc1 said:
Oh, I thought they'd changed that law! It doesn't matter right now, though, because Christian is still older.
Changing a law that is tied into the Danish constitution isn't something done quickly.

I don't know how far they've got, but when I checked Tronfølgeloven at Retsinfo (host to the Danish laws) earlier today, it was still the same from 1953, with brother before sister, that was listed as the current one.

Right now it doesn't matter much though.

norwegianne said:
And yes, the law was about to be changed around Christian's birth, but having the male heir, slowed it down a bit. I'm unsure as to the exact progress it has made to this date. There are all sorts of complications as it is tied into the constitution and whatnot.

Yeah I was just reading up on it. It seems to have stalled because of Christian's birth. There is no need to go any further with it, I'm sure is how most feel. But still I don't think it's this great and wonderous accomplishment to have a boy first and a complete failure if a girl was born first. Besides hasn't everyone been to biology and anatomy classes it is the male partner that determines the sex of the baby not the female.

Henri M. said:
Congratulations with the new Princess.

I miss the decorum a bit. It is all too flumsy and clumsy to see how things are going with the newborn Princess. A Crown Prince answering questions in jeans? Modern and refreshing?

Call me oldfashioned, I prefer the press conference annex presentation in the Netherlands with a certain distance and decorum, with an impeccably dressed Prince showing his daughter in historic lace.

This is nice. But this could have been Freddy from three high instead of Denmark's future King.

:ermm:

Maybe Frederik wanted to seen as just another happy father. Not everything needs to be swaddled in pomp and circumstance. Yes this is the announcement of a royal birth, but at the end of the day....they are just Fred and Mary excited about the birth of their daughter. I find it quite refreshing, as you put it that Fred has no pretense about it.

Sister Morphine said:
Maybe Frederik wanted to seen as just another happy father. Not everything needs to be swaddled in pomp and circumstance. Yes this is the announcement of a royal birth, but at the end of the day....they are just Fred and Mary excited about the birth of their daughter. I find it quite refreshing, as you put it that Fred has no pretense about it.

I agree. Fred looked fine--jeans and all. Sheesh, he is enamored with his new baby, not worrying about what is the proper outfit to wear to greet the press.

Congratulations to The Crown Prince couple, Christian, The Danish Royal Family, and to its people.

It's just a matter of preference. Some like a more modern approach the "I'm just a regular guy" approach and others prefer things in a more "regal" manner. The regal manner being complete with the decorum and the tradition from generation to generation be carried out. Its just preference! That's what is great about having so many RF's to see. They all do things a little different.

Can someone translate for me. I just went to the Danish royal watchers site and on it has a congratulations message with this word: Tillykke!

What does it mean is this a new nickname for the baby?

Last edited by a moderator:
and on it has a congratulations message with this word: Tillykke!

What does it mean is this a new nickname for the baby?

No, the word means Congratulations in Danish.

GlitteringTiaras said:
No, the word means Congratulations in Danish.

Alright that's what I was thinking after I posted. But it was hopeful thinking on my part.;)

I can't wait to see Christian with his new sister!!

I think something along the lines of Arabella Ingrid Margrethe Elisabeth would be such a sweet name, so that Fred could honor his mother and grandmother, and maybe they could have Queen Elizabeth be godmother since the baby was born on her birthday.

Wikipeadia has little Princess NN on it's site already, that is so sweet.

This is so exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of the little princess! She is going to be soooo spoiled!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom