A Princess is Born in Denmark!: April 21, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a good ideia to call our Dear Madeleine Glinford to do the photo session:flowers: we would have very good photos for sure:kiss:

Well, at least there will be pictures when she is christened on 1st July at Fredensborg church chapel :)

Trinity said:
Could be nothing to do with Mary's weight, could be why Fredrick was short with the photographers when they asked to see the baby's dark hair,might be the baby's head was damaged during delivery, quite common and no ill effects when some sort of instruments and suction are used during delivery.

When I was born, the doctor used forceps to "help me along." As a result, all of my newborn photos show a small dent (yes! how terrible is that) in my left temple. Over the next few weeks, it worked itself out. We have to remember that babies naturally and necessarily have very soft heads when first born. I feel that something like this happened with Princess X. Quite normal, actually.

UserDane said:
Well, at least there will be pictures when she is christened on 1st July at Fredensborg church chapel :)
I think we should be able to see her before that, for sure!:flowers:

Stefanie said:
I could imagine that the traditional Danish court might make differences between the future crown-prince and his brothers and sisters. Since it´s "only" the second child being born after the future crown-prince they might keep this birth more low profile. F.i. they broadcasted Christian´s baptism even on German TV but I´ m quite sure they won´t do it with the little girls´ baptism...
Specially Queen Margrethe is in my eyes very traditional thinking.
The christening will certainly be more low profile than Christian's.
Fredensborg Slotskirke isn't very big.
I guess there will be less guests, less godparents and less cameras.

Yes, I think there is and there should be a difference between the first and the second.
Christian is the (first) heir to the (first) heir - therefore everything was more public and bigger.
With the second child - no matter if girl or boy - everything will obviously be more private and one size smaller.
Just as Joachim's wedding was smaller than Frederik's for example.
Things also weren't handled in exactly the same way with Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus of Norway.

capricorninin
I find it absurd the suggestions that Mary is trying to wait to get thinner or to look more glamorous before posing. If I recall correctly this time round Fred and Mary stayed for the press questions in hospital longer than they did with Christian. And if anyone was following the live coverage, they came in front of the crowds barely five minutes later after reaching home. And they stayed there for other 5 minutes or so. If Mary was so worried about her figure she would have worn darker colours and avoided such long public appearances.
I totally agree, it's really absurd.
According to DR this time the interview in the hospital lasted twice as long as
the one when Christian was presented, 12 minutes exactly.
Then they posed again in Fredensborg, this time with both their children.
The photographers had quite some time to take heaps of pictures.
So perhaps they thought there is no need for an immediate official photosession afterwards.
I guess they just decided to do it differently this time.
Just as the christening will be different (smaller and sooner) as well.

Lauritas138
I am really surprised of which they have not published some photos already because the princes of denmark, specially Mary, are very fond of the photo sessions.
Yes, makes one almost think that the princes of denmark, specially Mary, aren't very fond of photo sessions after all. :ROFLMAO:
Lauritas138
Maxima also got fat much in this pregnancy and she is beautiful in the official photos.
The official photo with Maxima was taken (or at least published) 10 days after the birth.
Another case of vanity?

princess leonor
I cannot believe the many crazy, funny things I'm reading on this thread
I feel the same way but out of different reasons.
No official photos so far - and people are already speculating about Mary's vanity and a damage of the newborn's head. :wacko:

Last edited:
princess leonor said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I cannot believe the many crazy, funny things I'm reading on this thread. Come on guys, it's a free country, and a free forum. Give eireann a break. If people think the photos have not been published because of Mary's weight, then let them think! Why do you always have to run to mary's defence like that? It's just an opinion like many others. Besides, the truth is none of us know why there are still no pictures of the little one, so who knows it's true or not! I have to say for myself I don't think it has anything to do with looks, but it is strange to say the least, that we don't get to see any new pictures of the princess, while we got to see Christian, almost instantly. I sure hope they won't wait that much longer.

:flowers::flowers: well at least someone took it in the spirit intended...I said it part tongue in cheek in response to an earlier post about Mary liking to pose for photos...but of course with the knowledge that some people would take it seriously...some people need to lighten up :rolleyes:...Whatever their reasons for waiting, that is up to them, but I am sure that when the photo(s) come(s) it will be one that we're all happy with. After all, these photos will be publicly available forever more and who can blame them for wanting them to look their best.

I think we will have pictures soon .. I was thinking they might take and release them tomorrow : A week after the birth.

This thread is now re-opened for business.

First, please stop speculating as to the health status of the little Princess. Since the doctors gave her a clean bill of health, let's not create problems out of thin air. Unless backed up by evidence, further speculations of this nature will be deleted without notice.

Second, kindly stop requesting or complaining about the lack of official photos as the Danish Royal Family will publish photos when they are ready and no amount of prodding or whining on our part will speed things up. All such future posts will be deleted without notice.

Thanks for your cooperation and happy posting!

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

biboquinhas said:
It was a good ideia to call our Dear Madeleine Glinford to do the photo session:flowers: we would have very good photos for sure:kiss:

Your right biboquinhas that's a good idea, Madeleine's photos are great. :)

Has/Does anyone send gifts to the Crown Prince Couple? Are you embarassed to take your parcels to the post office for fear of postal workers mocking you? ;)

(With all the new postal rules it is more difficult to discretly pay for postage and THEN address the parcel...you have to have it addressed, make the dangerous goods declaration and show them the forwarding address of all parcels sent overseas...at least in Australia anyway...I am way too embarassed to take a parcel address to Princess Mary, Denmark down to my local post office... :( )

I'm going to just put it in the little mailbox in my school's student center. I did that back when Leonor and Christian had their birthdays and apparently they arrived alright, because I got replies a few weeks later.

I have a disney coloring book, so I colored a picture of the Little Mermaid to send to Lillepige, since Denmark is known for the Little Mermaid story. I colored a picture of Belle from Beauty and the Beast for little Infanta Sofia, and I'm going to drop them in the box tomorrow morning. I just put three stamps on them, since that's how many I used last time. Then I can just drop them in the mail slots.

I congratulate the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark on their new buddle of joy. Hopefully we will know her name on July 1 2007, I think that is the day of christening.

ricarda said:
I feel the same way but out of different reasons.
:wacko:

LOL

Re mailing - I didn't know Australia Post has become that strict re packages.

Re the little princess - wonder what colour her eyes are. Probably brown like Mary's, but I'm hoping she has her daddy's blue eyes. If so, we might have another blue eyed brown haired stunner like Charlotte of Monaco.

Tara20052 said:
I congratulate the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark on their new buddle of joy. Hopefully we will know her name on July 1 2007, I think that is the day of christening.

Yes your right July 1st is the christening day, we will find out the name then.

Xeara said:
Has/Does anyone send gifts to the Crown Prince Couple? Are you embarassed to take your parcels to the post office for fear of postal workers mocking you? ;)

(With all the new postal rules it is more difficult to discretly pay for postage and THEN address the parcel...you have to have it addressed, make the dangerous goods declaration and show them the forwarding address of all parcels sent overseas...at least in Australia anyway...I am way too embarassed to take a parcel address to Princess Mary, Denmark down to my local post office... :( )

I didn't send a gift, I sent a card. I didn't take it to the post office to send, I just stuck it in the bright red post box at the shopping centre with an international stamp and a couple air mail stickers on it! :lol: I think that you have to take an actual parcel to the post office.
And Xeara, don't be embarassed, there's nothing to be embarassed about! :flowers: What's embarassing is that I spent nearly 45 minutes looking at cards!

morhange said:
I have a disney coloring book, so I colored a picture of the Little Mermaid to send to Lillepige, since Denmark is known for the Little Mermaid story. I colored a picture of Belle from Beauty and the Beast for little Infanta Sofia, and I'm going to drop them in the box tomorrow morning.
Great gifts Morhange - and a really lovely thought :flowers: Hope you will get cards from both royal houses with pictures of the little ones.

Congratulations again to CPF and CPM its a baby boom! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :wub: :ROFLMAO:

Congratulations to Mary , Frederik and Christian!
The little Princess looks adorable. :)

QUEENECE29 said:
What is the name new Danish Princess?

it is not revealed yet, and won't be officially announced until her christening in july. on the meantime the press refers to her as lillepigen or lilleprinsessen (little girl, little princess).

carlota said:
it is not revealed yet, and won't be officially announced until her christening in july. on the meantime the press refers to her as lillepigen or lilleprinsessen (little girl, little princess).

ok thanks Carlota

I forgot to say Congratulations to the royal family. I knew she was having a girl.

My opinion about Mary's babys is that just after the birth they are not very pretty at all! But now we can see little Christian and he turns out to be a beautiful and lovely blond hair baby! As far as the little Princess I found her rather ugly has I found, at first, little Christian when he was born, but we can assume that this lilleprinsessen will be so beautiful has her older brother is now!

To my the small princess me to seemed very beautiful, does not make lack that the boy is blond to be handsome I I believe that this princess goes to be very beautiful like her mother.

Most newborn babies arn't exactly pretty, especially when we see them 2 or 3 days after the birth, like Christian and Lillepigen..

And Monica, I agree, this little girl will be so beautiful :wub:

I agree she will be very beautiful has her brother is now, but the first impression to me was that she isn't very pretty at all! And yes most of the babys the first days of their life are not very pretty but IMO Infanta Leonor was a very pretty and chubby baby for example!

biboquinhas said:
I agree she will be very beautiful has her brother is now, but the first impression to me was that she isn't very pretty at all! And yes most of the babys the first days of their life are not very pretty but IMO Infanta Leonor was a very pretty and chubby baby for example!

I agree, but then again Leonor was 8 days old when we saw her for the first time. But she really was a beautiful baby ! But we'll probably see Lille prinsessen soon, defintely before 1st of July.

biboquinhas said:
But then again, it is said that children born by caesarean are 'prettier' than children born by natural birth - since a child from a caesarean is not subjected to the pressures etc.

I disagree that 'lillepigen' - or lilleprinsessen was not pretty - she looked like a very pretty little baby to me, more so than Christian at the same age IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom