A Girl for Hussein and Rajwa - Iman: August 3, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations!

Last edited:
Congratulations to parents, grandparents and great-grandmother!

Welcome to the world, Princess Iman bint Hussein!:jordanflag::princess::baby::hug::rose::duckie::fireworks::fireworks:

The first images of Crown Prince Hussein with his daughter Iman.:love:
Congratulations!

More photos of the Jordanian Royal Family with little Iman.

Was Prince Hussein reciting a prayer over his newborn daughter? How lovely!😊
I have read/heard that men are not permitted to be in the delivery room per Islamic custom. Can anyone confirm this?

How wonderful news! Congratulations 😍

Was Prince Hussein reciting a prayer over his newborn daughter? How lovely!😊
I have read/heard that men are not permitted to be in the delivery room per Islamic custom. Can anyone confirm this?
It's the "Adhan" which is the first call summoning Muslims to prayer. It's traditionally the first thing whispered into the ear of a newborn child.

As for giving birth - in Islamic culture, there is a clear distinction between what is a female sphere of life and what is a male one.

Giving birth belongs definiely to the female one.

As it was also in Europe in the past - only female relatives and friends helped the one in childbirth.

Congratulations to the new parents! The video of the Crown Prince with his daughter is very sweet, could this be the first time he was seeing her?

Gorgeous pictures! Congratulations to the families!

Very beautiful and moving video and photos...almost makes me feel tearful that there is still so much that is perfect in our increasingly dark world.

The date on the first Instagram post seems to indicate she was born on the 2nd and not the 3rd?

Congrats to the Royal Family and the people of Jordan as they welcome to the world our new little Princess, Iman Bint Hussein! 👼🍼. She will have a happy life as our newest royal in years to come.

What a shiny news! Congratulations to the new parents!!

As for giving birth - in Islamic culture, there is a clear distinction between what is a female sphere of life and what is a male one.

As it was also in Europe in the past - only female relatives and friends helped the one in childbirth.
It's completely cultural. Even in some strict Muslim countries a husband can be with his wife when she gives birth. My information comes from women I know that have given birth in some of these countries. Also you can look to what Muslim scholars of different schools say on the topic.

On the other hand there are countries that do not allow ANYONE to attend the birth, even female relatives. I don't know where Jordan stands on this.

Congratulations to Hussein, Rajwa and the Jordanian people 🎉 A shame little Iman won't be able to succeed her father.

Had never guessed they'd call her Iman but I think it's such a lovely gesture to Hussein's sister.

These images are pure bliss 💫, but where is the mom? Is it that culturally she’s not supposed to be pictured?

Maybe she didn't feel up for a photoshoot immediately after giving birth. Always found that aspect of being a royal particularly harsh. I'm sure we'll get pictures of both Hussein and Rajwa with little Iman soon enough.

A new mummy is probably exhausted and feels like resting right now.

We'll probably see her at the moment of leaving hospital.

Congratulations to Hussein, Rajwa and the Jordanian people 🎉 A shame little Iman won't be able to succeed her father.

Had never guessed they'd call her Iman but I think it's such a lovely gesture to Hussein's sister.

Maybe she didn't feel up for a photoshoot immediately after giving birth. Always found that aspect of being a royal particularly harsh. I'm sure we'll get pictures of both Hussein and Rajwa with little Iman soon enoug
These images are pure bliss 💫, but where is the mom? Is it that culturally she’s not supposed to be pictured?
In

I remember seeing photos of Rania still in her hospital bed being visited by her late father-in-law King Hussein shortly after giving birth. I think Princess Rajwa is simply exhausted as others have said.

I agree that the modern pressure put on Royal mothers to appear for photo calls within days or sometimes hours after giving birth must be daunting imo.

I didn’t ask the question with any reason other than curiosity. I know next to nothing about their culture and customs so I’m simply asking. We are being treated to these beautiful and heartwarming scenes and mom is not there. Perhaps they could have waited until she was ready and less exhausted. A photo with dad whispering the prayer is moving enough, but I’m sure they are all just excited and extremely happy.

Last edited:

Absolutely, things have changed a lot these days! Childbirth now usually happens in hospitals with medical teams made up of both men and women. It's becoming pretty common for Muslim husbands to be there for the birth of their children. Many even capture the special moment on their mobile phones to keep as a memory. It's wonderful to see how modern practices are blending with traditional values, creating new and meaningful experiences.
Congratulations! Hussein looks very happy, as do his parents and siblings. Can't wait to see baby Iman with her mommy Rajwa!

The date on the first Instagram post seems to indicate she was born on the 2nd and not the 3rd?
According to the Royal Court statement, little Iman was born on August 3rd. The statement was issued early in the morning, around 7 AM local time.

Congratulations!
The happiest days are when a baby is born!

A hospital stay of 4-5 days for childbirth? Is that routine in Jordan?
Princess Rajwa looks amazing!😊

Back
Top Bottom