Tsar's Murder: Court Cases

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interfax-Religion and here we go again

Moscow court to hear appeal against closure of Nicholas II murder case in May

Moscow, April 29, Interfax - The Moscow City Court on May 12 will hear an appeal, challenging a court ruling, supporting the decision to close the criminal case related to the murder of the last Russian tsar Nicholas II and his family. The court was to hear the complaint, filed by Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna's defense lawyer, on Wednesday. But the judges argued that they would need time to read the complaint.

Moscow's Basmanny Court on March 19 turned down defense lawyer German Lukyanov's complaint against the decision to close the case of murder of Nicholas II and his family.

On October 1, 2008 the Supreme Court Presidium ruled to rehabilitate Nicholas II and his family members.
But on January 15, 2009, a court ruling was passed to close the criminal case of the Romanov family murder.

The House of Romanov disagreed with the conclusion of the Investigation Department that the royal family had fallen victim to plain criminals, and argued that the tsar and his relatives were killed by the regime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well now... Here's a surprise! We all knew this court date was coming... but who knew the court would rule in Maria Vladimirovna's favour? :)

From Today's Interfax/Religion

12 May 2010, 17:20
Tsar murder case dropped illegally – ruling

Moscow, May 12, Interfax - Moscow City Court has ruled that the criminal case over the murder of the last Russian Emperor Nicholas II and his family was closed illegally.

The court thus granted an appeal from lawyer German Lukyanov, who represents the interests of Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna, the disputed head of the Romanov Dynasty, an Interfax correspondent reported.

The court ruled that the case files be sent back to the lower court and ordered a second hearing by a different panel of judges.

On March 19, Moscow's Basmanny Court rejected Lukyanov's complaint by upholding the decision to terminate the criminal case over the killing of Tsar Nicholas, his wife Empress Alexandra, and their five children, in July 1918.

On October 1, 2008, the Russian Supreme Court ruled on the rehabilitation of Nicholas II and his family, however, on January 15, 2009, a court ruling terminated the case over the execution of the royal family.

The House of Romanovs disagreed with the Investigative Committee's claims that the royal family were victims of ordinary criminals and insisted that they were killed by the Soviet Communist regime of that time.

See: Interfax-Religion

Kyiv Post. Independence. Community. Trust - Russia and former Soviet Union - Investigative Committee: Nicholas II executed without Lenin's order not sure what to make of this

Investigative Committee: Nicholas II executed without Lenin's order

Yesterday at 20:18 | Interfax-Ukraine
Moscow, June 15 (Interfax) - The last Russian Emperor Nicholas II and his family were executed by order of the Urals Council without the consent of Vladimir Lenin and Yakov Sverdlov, the two most senior Communist leaders at the time, the Investigative Committee under the Prosecutor General's Office said.

Read more: http://www.kyivpost.com/news/russia/detail/69739/#ixzz0r28oQScK

Tsar?s family murder investigation reopened - RT Top Stories

A Moscow court has ordered the continuation of the prosecution of the killers of the last Russian tsar, Nicholas II, and his family. The case was earlier closed, but the Romanov’s attorney appealed against the decision.

The reason for the appeal is that the Investigative Committee’s decision was motivated by the fact that all those who summarily executed the tsar and his relatives have since died. However, earlier Russia’s Supreme Court ruled that they had been executed on behalf of the state.

The court on Thursday backed the reasoning and ordered the case to be reopened.

Tsars murder reopened by court

Russian court orders tsar's murder case reopened.
This headline has made the ABC news in Australia. I truly hope for a decent investigation to be done to find what happened. I've read a great deal on this episode and the only person I believe is Voikov who said; "The world will never know what we did with them." But really there should be some conclusive evidence locked away somewhere. What about the mysterious black bag at the Houghton library? Why so much secrecy for 90 years. Why won't Queen Margrethe allow access to the family archives specifically Herluf Zahle's report on the unknown woman pulled from the canal in 1920.
Oh dear I could go on and on. But I will reluctantly climb down from my soapbox:ermm: now that I've had a little rant :eek:and take a deep breath and just say I am delighted that they will at least try and investigate what happened. After all we've had to put up with so much misinformation for so long not least from many authors.:bang: Whoops! soap box again.:ermm:

Russian court orders tsar's murder case reopened

A Russian court on Thursday ordered prosecutors to reopen an investigation into the murder of Tsar Nicholas II and his family, despite the fact that the Bolsheviks believed to have shot them in 1918 are long dead. The Russian prosecutor general’s main investigative unit this year said it had formally closed a criminal investigation into the killing of Nicholas II because too much time had elapsed since the crime and because those responsible had died.

But Moscow’s Basmanny Court on Thursday ordered the case reopened, saying a Supreme Court ruling blaming the state for the killings made the deaths of the actual gunmen irrelevant, a lawyer for the tsar’s descendants and local news agencies said.

“This is an important step in our quest for the truth,” said German Lukyanov, the lawyer representing Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna, a descendant of the Romanov dynasty who styles herself as the heir to the imperial throne. “The Russian people have the right to know what happened.”

Investigation ordered re-opened

Russian court orders Tsar’s murder case reopened
Reuters August 26, 2010 – 4:07 pm

By Conor Humphries

MOSCOW — A Russian court on Thursday ordered prosecutors to reopen an investigation into the murder of Tsar Nicholas II and his family, despite the fact that the Bolsheviks believed to have shot them in 1918 are long dead.

The Russian prosecutor general’s main investigative unit this year said it had formally closed a criminal investigation into the killing of Nicholas II because too much time had elapsed since the crime and because those responsible had died.

But Moscow’s Basmanny Court on Thursday ordered the case reopened, saying a Supreme Court ruling blaming the state for the killings made the deaths of the actual gunmen irrelevant, a lawyer for the tsar’s descendants and local news agencies said.

“This is an important step in our quest for the truth,” said German Lukyanov, the lawyer representing Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna, a descendant of the Romanov dynasty who styles herself as the heir to the imperial throne.

“The Russian people have the right to know what happened.”

Nicholas II, his wife and five children were killed by a revolutionary firing squad on the night of July 16-17, 1918 in the cellar of a merchant’s house in Yekaterinburg, a city 1,450 km (900 miles) east of Moscow.

They were recognised by Russia’s Supreme Court as victims of Bolshevik repression in 2008.

The Romanovs say the investigation is needed to resolve a host of questions about the killings.

Remains believed to belong to the tsar and his family were exhumed in 1991 and reburied in 1998 in the imperial crypt of the St Peter and Paul Cathedral in St Petersburg.

The Russian Orthodox Church says it is still unclear whether the remains are in fact those of the last tsar and his family, a view supported by many members of the Romanov family.

The Romanov dynasty ruled Russia for 300 years until the abdication of Nicholas II in 1917, which wa followed by the Bolshevik Revolution, civil war and 70 years of Communist rule.

A spokeswoman for the prosecutor general’s office declined to say whether it would contest the ruling.

See: Russian court orders tsar

Being that this happened nearly 100 years ago, it will be interesting if they find anything new.

This investigation is unlikely to reveal nothing new. The key participants and possible witnesses passed away. Additionally I do not think that Russian people are too anxious "to know what happened". One might think that it's no use beating the air.
The investigation seems to be the crusade for Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna and her son.

Being that this happened nearly 100 years ago, it will be interesting if they find anything new.
I'd bet a good bottle of Merlot they will. With all the obfusication and outright lies the execution squad gave people of the massacre there is bound to be something else there.

By whom, against whom?
:previous:

That's my point -- if there are any relatives who could maintain a suit against the government or individuals involved in the murders, who might they be, if any? I don't know the laws of Russia and there likely will not be anything which will come of this investigation unless it is to show that the perpetrators acted with or without government sanction.

But even without knowing the laws of Russia, surely no government can claim the children or servants were legally executed. This does not mean I believe Nicholas and Alexandra deserved death but it is without question that the others were innocent of any blame and thus were murdered.

Tsar's family murder investigation reopened
26 August 2010

A Moscow court has ordered the continuation of the prosecution of the killers of the last Russian tsar, Nicholas II, and his family. The case was earlier closed, but the Romanov’s attorney appealed against the decision.

The reason for the appeal is that the Investigative Committee’s decision was motivated by the fact that all those who summarily executed the tsar and his relatives have since died. However, earlier Russia’s Supreme Court ruled that they had been executed on behalf of the state.

Full article: RussiaToday

We are experiencing living history with the news that the Romanovs should, afterall have a case for political murder of Nicholas II and family. I have always hated the bolsheviks for what they did !!.

We are experiencing living history with the news that the Romanovs should, afterall have a case for political murder of Nicholas II and family. I have always hated the bolsheviks for what they did !!.
Nicky had just as much blood on his hands for not ruling wiser.

Yes, Russo, the Soviets were cruel, but the Romanov's had plenty of innocent blood on their hands.

There are many unknown facts, Nascarlucy I'm currently writting about all these You'll soon find out that the last Tsar's biggest mistake was his marriage to Alix;)

There are many unknown facts, Nascarlucy I'm currently writting about all these You'll soon find out that the last Tsar's biggest mistake was his marriage to Alix;)
With hindsight, that's sort of a given.

Interfax-Religion
Romanov family wants new probe into Nicholas II killing

Moscow, September 20, Interfax - The Romanov family is demanding a new criminal case to investigate the killing of Russia's last Tsar and his family.

"There needs to be a new criminal case and a new investigator," Alexander Zakatov, director of the Romanov family chancellery, told Interfax on Monday.

"There is a need to make a final decision on who the people whose remains were found in Yekaterinburg were and who is buried in the St. Petersburg Peter and Paul Cathedral. The state, church, and the Romanov family need to reach a single opinion. Russian society should have no doubts about the remains

Members may be wondering what happened to the posts asking the question "Who really killed the Tsar?"
As the given answer was "Jewish bankers", the posts have been removed and the poster will not be posting here again.

Warren
TRF Administrator

Members may be wondering what happened to the posts asking the question "Who really killed the Tsar?"
As the given answer was "Jewish bankers", the posts have been removed and the poster will not be posting here again.

Warren
TRF Administrator

Thank you Warren for the update. I tried to be sarcastic referring to him as a man of mystery; I did not realize he would also be bigoted. Oh well, at least there was some brief entertaining discussion which he generated. Sad that some people believe such things in this day and age.

Oh yay. . blame it on the Jews. Sheesh. :nonono:

Yes, Russo, the usual pile of crap. Hopefully, we are better than that nonsense. Thank you, Warren, for seeing this awful stuff.

AFP: No proof Lenin ordered last tsar's murder: probe
MOSCOW — A long-running probe into the murders of the last Russian Tsar Nicholas II and his family has closed after failing to find evidence that Lenin ordered the killings, the chief investigator said Monday.
Historians and archivists have found no evidence that the Bolshevik leader or regional chief Yakov Sverdlov gave permission for the family to be shot in 1918, Vladimir Solovyov, Russia's chief investigator, told the Izvestia daily.
"The top experts in this subject took part in the investigation, historians and archivists. And I can say with full confid Russian court closes probe into last Tsar's murder http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=news&div=8099 and http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=news&div=8099 and http://en.rian.ru/russia/20110117/162178817.html

Last edited:
How convenient for the Russian Government to find a no bill as to its involvement in the murder of the Royal Family. It is clear to me, after the executioners showed forethought and planning, that an order to assassinate came from on high. If not from Lenin, then from someone high in the hierarchy.

Lenin had every intention of executing Nicholas II and his family. Time and time again he's told us that this was his desire. Since, he wasn't a stupid politician, he knew how their execution would look to the world, so, he personally sent Jacob Yurovsky to the Urals where he became the head of the Ural CHEKA, the forerunner of the GPU and the KGB. Yurovsky was in Moscow, again, before he returned to the Ural and entered the House of Special Purpose in early July of 1918. Yurovsky didn't need a telegram to know why he was sent to Ekaterinburg. And, like a good comrade, Yurovsky carried out Lenin's wishes.

My goodness. This wasn't the first time someone in the Ural had been killed under the orders of Yurovsky.

This may have been the first time, however, that Yurovsky took part in an actual killing.

Again, this demand by Lenin, was another excellent move. Yurovsky was forever the person who's gun was fired at Nicholas II....

It appears that the killing of Nicholas II and his family weighed heavily on Yurovsky's shoulders.

Even the fact that Yurovsky family was Jewish was to be one of his many mill stones hung around his neck. Even though, Yurovsky, while living in Germany, had converted to Martin Luther's Christian church.

Yurovsky was NOT a master of hate as Lenin was. And, hot on Lenin's heels was Stalin.

Stalin's KGB tried to find everything that there was left to find, to erase the connection between Moscow and Ekaterinburg. But, as often happens in a major crime, some things just couldn't be avoided.

The members of my family who survived the Revolutions had nothing good to say about Lenin or Stalin....

I have spent many many hours talking to those who escaped Russia between 1917 and the early 1940s.

So, you can, now, understand why I cannot accept Putin's Boys trying to wash away the sins of Lenin and Stalin and all those who followed....

AGRBear

Back
Top Bottom