The Shah's brother and sisters

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for the pics, they are really wonderful.

I'm very interested in Ashraf Pahlavi, for I read and heard so many awful stories about her being dominant and almost a monster to Empresses Fawzia and Soraya. I do not know if I must believe these gossips , for is Soraya in her book and Fawzia in her public declarations who said that. But it is generally believed that Ashraf was a VERY HARD sister-in-law, and also a great influence to the Shah, both, politically and emotionally.

Vanesa (sorry...My English is not excellent :( )

Hilal is a real star here! She always gets interesting pictures everywhere in the net! :) Congrats, Hilal!

I think that Princess Ashraf was a very bright, intelligent woman. Her sister, Shams was beatiful and had a lovely face. However there is a sad story about Ashraf trying to distroy the two first marriages of the Shah. Her two sister-in-law, Princess Fawzia and Soraya didn't like her a bit and accused her of being dominant as well that her mother, Tal-Ol Molk. I don't know what kind of magic Empress Farah had to cope with those two...:D (I write "those two with the most high respect).

But of course I must said that Ashraf is a remarkable person. A princess who has lots of intellectual and artistic interest, a thing not noticeable in most people of nowadays royal houses who rather likes sports or marketing careers. When Ashraf was youngest, she was always invited to meet writers and artist, in Iran or foreign countries. She was an intimate friend of Daniel Gelin, the French famous actor. He was her "godfather" at the exclusive Saint-Tropez Club, and meet her once a week to speak about art and litterature. Daniel Gelin played the Shah at a television miniserie, and he said in a French interview from "Point de Vue" magazine, that Ashraf and the Shah, had "the typical twin problem". who consist in one of them dominating the other. Gelin claimed that Ashraf was the one who dominated the Shah...Any thoughts?

Vanesa.:confused:

Thanks for those great pictures. The Imperial family and all its members were certantly the most glamorous and beautiful royals of their time. You can't help but compare them to the Romanovs, they knew how to dress for the occasion like out of a Hollywood movie. Makes you wonder had the Romanovs survived and ruled paralell to the Pahlavi's timeline how these two spectacular families could have easily gravitated toward each other.

87. birthday of Ashraf Pahlavi Princess of Iran

Happy Birthday Princess Ashraf!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Shahanshah's brothers:
Shah6.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Shahansha's brother and sisters, HIH Prince Ali-Reza and his wife, HIH Princess Fatemeh, HIH Prince Hamid-Reza and HIH Princess Shams:
Shahsbrothersandsisters1950s.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
HIH Prince Ali-Reza:
princeAli-Rezaet.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
HIH Prince Abdol-Reza and Gholam-Reza:
PrinceAbdol-RezaGholam-Reza.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
HIH Prince Gholam-Reza and HH Princess Manijeh:
photo77.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
HIH Prince Gholam-Reza:
photo65.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
HIH Prince Gholam-Reza and HH Princess Manijeh:
photo14.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
HIH Princess Shams:
FAWZIA1.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
HIH Princess Shams:
princessshams4.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

princessshams2.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

princessshams1.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

princessshams.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

HIH Princess Shams and family:
SorayaQu10815.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

HIH Princess Ashraf:
Pahlavi_Ashraf1.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PrincessAshrafPahlavichairsameeting.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PrincessAshrafmeetsChineseofficials.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last edited by a moderator:
Ali Reza Pahlavi I

Does anyone have a picture of the Shah's younger brother and any more information on him.

I know he was born in 1922 and died in a plane crash in 1954.

Any info. on his wife and any children he had?

Thanks.

Does anyone have a picture of the Shah's younger brother and any more information on him.

Thanks.

He was Ali Reza, the only brother of the Shah (the rest were half-brother and half-sister). When he died, the crisis between Soraya and the Shah was bigger, becouse Ali Reza was the only men that could be Shah if the Shah doesn't have children with Soraya :(

Regards!!

Do you know if Princess Shams was Catholic during all her life? I read that she lost all her privileges and tittles in Iran when she converted to Catholicism.

Regards!!

He was Ali Reza, the only brother of the Shah (the rest were half-brother and half-sister). When he died, the crisis between Soraya and the Shah was bigger, becouse Ali Reza was the only men that could be Shah if the Shah doesn't have children with Soraya :(

Regards!!
Prince ali Reza was married to Christiane Cholewski they had one son
Ali patrck Pahlavi (AKA, "Prince Ali", born 1 September 1947) .

Thanks.

His wife: Christiane Cholewsky
one issue: Ali Patrick born 1947

Ooops - Sorry! Saw too late that someone else has already answered.
Oh well, here is some additional information ....
HIH Prince Ali Reza Pahlavi (by Tadj ol-Molouk), born 1st April 1922 in Tehran, married 1946 in Paris, Christiane Cholewski, died c1995, France, and had issue. He died 1954.
  • HIH Prince Ali Patrick Pahlavi, born 1st September 1947 in Paris, married in Tehran, Sonja Lauman, and has issue.
    • HIH Prince Davoud Pahlavi, born 7th December 1971.
    • HIH Prince Houd Pahlavi, born 14th November 1972.
    • HIH Prince Muhammed Yuness Pahlavi, born 17th May 1977.

Last edited:
Christiane Cholewski

Hi all, I'm looking for any information regarding the life of Christiane Cholewski. I know the basics, but am interested if she re-married and her life after Prince Ali Reza Pahlavi's death in 1954.

Along with Ali Patrick Pahlavi- she also had a son named Christian Phillip Assan- born in 1941. Any info on him?

I know she passed away in France, but do any of you know if she remarried a German WW2 Luftwaffa pilot?

Any information and pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

AP

Who is Ali Reza Pahlavi that died in 1954?? The brother of the late Shah?? Could someone provide a link or something? :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom