The Prince of Asturias Awards All Years Untill 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this article is quite interesting, it has some interesting anecdotes:

Con su perfil más regio. El Comercio

-it mentions mainly how into her role letizia seemed during the awards. it says that she forgot this time to curtsy the queen upon entry and that when walking to the stage, she acknowledged her mum by lowering her head (pride of a daughter, they call it). apparently ingrid betancourt had some problem when she was receiving the prize (her bra showed) and letizia managed to tell her that (i have no idea how she did it, i didn't notice, although i saw no videos). it also mentions that ingrid made reference to the princes in her speech.

Age should not be a factor. Rafa has accomplished a lot at such a young age; he deserves the award.
Does anyone know the exact prerequisites for this award? Is there any? I think that someone that accomplishes the top in his own field deserves all the recognition he can get for all the years of hard work he endured to get there -- but to be kidnapped [not what the person worked for certainly] and get the same award is baffling. Just my opinion.

Also loved the photo of Letizia's Mom and she looks fantastic for her age -- don't care what she had to do to accomplished it -- attractive woman.

-it mentions mainly how into her role letizia seemed during the awards. it says that she forgot this time to curtsy the queen upon entry and that when walking to the stage, she acknowledged her mum by lowering her head (pride of a daughter, they call it). apparently ingrid betancourt had some problem when she was receiving the prize (her bra showed) and letizia managed to tell her that (i have no idea how she did it, i didn't notice, although i saw no videos). it also mentions that ingrid made reference to the princes in her speech.

If I am not mistaken, while I watched the ceremony I saw Princess Letizia curtsy twice to Queen Sofia yesterday: once on her way to the stage and once on the way out.

A correction..

-it mentions mainly how into her role letizia seemed during the awards. it says that she forgot this time to curtsy the queen upon entry

I want to clarifly that Dona Letizia did not forget to curtsy to Queen, it said in the article and I quote "Entró en el Campoamor del brazo de don Felipe y no olvidó su reverencia a la Reina" ...and she did not forget to curtsy to the Queen...:wub:

-it mentions mainly how into her role letizia seemed during the awards. it says that she forgot this time to curtsy the queen upon entry

I want to clarifly that Dona Letizia did not forget to curtsy to Queen, it said in the article and I quote "Entró en el Campoamor del brazo de don Felipe y no olvidó su reverencia a la Reina" ...and she did not forget to curtsy to the Queen...:wub:

Has anyone seen any pics of Letizia curtseying? If you have could you post a link please?

Has anyone seen any pics of Letizia curtseying? If you have could you post a link please?

I think that the photographers are placed in the Campoamor Theater in such a place, that it is not possible for them to take photo of the moment, when the princess curtseys to the Queen. You can see it from the videos of Felipe and Letizia arriving to the stage.

Lots of photos from yesterday, Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia Visit 2008 Exemplary Town of Asturias
Zimbio
I like this photo a lot:
Zimbio

I think that the photographers are placed in the Campoamor Theater in such a place, that it is not possible for them to take photo of the moment, when the princess curtseys to the Queen. You can see it from the videos of Felipe and Letizia arriving to the stage. /quote]

Ah ok thanks. My internet is not up to that at the moment, but maybe I'll get back to it later.

----------------

royals.web-log.nl: Prinses Letizia en Prins Felipe in Oviedo
http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/troonopvolgers/2008/10/felipe-en-let-4.html
http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/troonopvolgers/2008/10/letizia-en-feli.html

:flowers:

Last edited:

I don't think she would ever forget to curtsy to the Queen. What struck me though when watching the videos from the entry to the theater was that most people who were greated by first Queen Sofia, then Felipe then Letizia did not curtsy at all, not even to the Queen. I'd have expected that at least the Queen would be greated in that respectful manner.

oops, my mistake. i forgot to read the little 'no' in between! :flowers:
i'm still amazed on how she managed to tell ingrid betancourt about her bra without even being noticed!

cute picture from daylife

Letizia's dress is absolutely drop-dead gorgeous.

Oh yes. Imagine this dress not silver/grey but red or black:wub:

A few days before the commitment know, in the prizes .... and one year later, already princess of ASturias in the same prizes....
It was the first time that Letizia was present at the prizes as Princess....:flowers:

YouTube - Felipe y Letizia en los Premios P.de Asturias un año después

Thank you so very much for this fantastic video, which I had never seen before. The footage is wonderful, it is so nice to be able to see the short clips of the interview with Princess Letizia when she was still a journalist and covering the POA Awards. They also talk about the international projection of the Prizes, which is something I have always felt the Foundation has worked extremely hard to achieve. They have an uncanny ability to select the winners. For some, the POA award has become a precursor to their Nobel. Case in point, Muhammad Yunus, the founder of Grameen Bank, who won the POA Award of Concord in 1998 and the Nobel in 2006.

When Felipe is king and Leonor becomes Princess of Asturias, would they changes the Prince of Asturias Award to Princess of Asturias Award?

When Felipe is king and Leonor becomes Princess of Asturias, would they changes the Prince of Asturias Award to Princess of Asturias Award?

That´s a good question chuchu, but nobody knows. Indeed not only the Awards are called "Prince of Asturias", also The Foundation is called "Prince of Asturias".

Than you everybody for the pictures.

This year's award has seen some interesting selections in terms of recipients. It's also great to see that Felipe has established a prize that has so much significance in the international field.

Back
Top Bottom