The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 6: May 2022 - November 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 6: May 2022 -

Both Kate and Sophie looked overly made up as well; perhaps it was the lighting in the room- I’m sure none of the ladies deliberately erred in such a way.

It’s the lighting/editing… Westminster Hall is a large, ancient space, lots of yellowy stone and the only natural lighting comes from windows high up in the walls.

Imagine the sort of space where rays of sunshine show up the dustiness of the air, and you won’t be far wrong! It feels historic.

I think that, in trying to edit out the yellowness of skin tones, the photos are showing too much red.

I say this as someone who is not even a fan of Meghan, I think she looked very appropriate for the occasion.
Someone else mentioned her makeup but she looks like she is wearing less than another lady in the group. She could just be flushed. I don't wear face makeup but in overwhelming situations I also look like I am overdoing it with bronzer and blush.

Agree with all. I think that Meghan and all the ladies present looked flawless; probably they just exceeded with the blush, but nothing too dramatic.

Agree with all. I think that Meghan and all the ladies present looked flawless; probably they just exceeded with the blush, but nothing too dramatic.

I went and compared the photos taken inside to the ones taken during the car ride and outside. All of their makeup looked flawless under the natural light so I agree with an earlier poster who thinks it’s due to the light in Westminster and the way the photos are edited.

All of the royal ladies, including the Duchess of Sussex, looked appropriate to the somber occasion. That’s probably what their fashion will be like the next few weeks.

I definitely don't like the coat, it somehow looks too plain, and still too big on her, but she never was into the tailored to perfection look that makes a great impression on anyone who sees it.

I would say though she has the best hat I've ever seen her wear.

I definitely don't like the coat, it somehow looks too plain, and still too big on her, but she never was into the tailored to perfection look that makes a great impression on anyone who sees it.

I would say though she has the best hat I've ever seen her wear.

It is apparently a coat she wore as a maternity coat with Archie which explains it being large on her now. This was so unexpected and probably her clothes are coming from what aides can get to her quickly plus whatever was left at Frogmore.

I really like the cape dress concept and this was certainly appropriate to the occasion, but the details seem unfinished- like the visible zipper at the shoulder and some of the seams seem off. Also the hat looks like maybe it was a bit crumpled?

Overall though, it accomplished what it needed to: it was appropriate

I think Meghan is rather fond of cape dresses. I liked her hat.Mourning clothes are there to serve a purpose and be appropriate for the occasion, and that’s what this outfit was.

The outfit seems... unfinished. It kind of looks like something you could buy for $49 in some online store. The zipper, the seams, lack of tailoring. It doesn't fit the biggest state occasion Meghan attended as a member of BRF.

Eh...she looks suitable to me. And really, that's all that matters.

I'm sorry: too much make up for my taste. It is a funeral! The rest of it is ok.

I'm sorry: too much make up for my taste. It is a funeral! The rest of it is ok.

Her make up is fine - go check out Sarah, Duchess of York today if you want to see "too much make up for a funeral!". Meghan's dress and hat are also perfectly fine and in keeping with her basic style.

Her outfit's fine but her make up is a little bit too much. I have never seen anyone attending a funeral with such a heavy smokey eye.
The amount of eyeliner under her eyes is just over the top. The hat covered up her face most of the time, I barely noticed in live but in pictures it's quite obvious.

LOL I will watch Sarah's make up.

Her outfit's fine but her make up is a little bit too much. I have never seen anyone attending a funeral with such a heavy smokey eye.
The amount of eyeliner under her eyes is just over the top. The hat covered up her face most of the time, I barely noticed in live but in pictures it's quite obvious.

That's what I wanted to say, but in my poor English.

The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 6: May 2022 -

The outfit seems... unfinished. It kind of looks like something you could buy for $49 in some online store. The zipper, the seams, lack of tailoring. It doesn't fit the biggest state occasion Meghan attended as a member of BRF.

It does look unfinished.

Her eye make up seemed over done to me.

The DoS looks very elegant today IMO.
This type of hat and capedress have become her signature pieces.

I really liked the style of her dress and the hat was perfectly tilted to offset that beautiful intricate knot she styled her hair in. I agree she seems to like cape dresses, but to be honest, they like her.

I don't think the dress looks unfinished. It looks plain and unfussy, which is appropriate for a funeral. I mean, if she showed up wearing something more flashy, she'd be accused of trying to make the Queen's funeral all about her. If shows up in something understated and frankly, boring, then she's not putting in enough effort.

She can't win, it seems. So long as what she's wearing is clean, doesn't have holes, and is black, then it's appropriate for a funeral.

The dress style is good but lacks finesse. The hat is OK but her eye make-up is appalling (for any occasion). She has great poise though and her look overall was chic and elegant.

For such plain dress to have the only feature a zipper which interrupts the neckline! Gasped when I saw the eye makeup

Her eye make-up is absolutely beautifully done, but it seems just a little too heavy for the funeral of a British monarch. I think a lighter, daytime look would have been slightly more appropriate.

I think she looks lovely. Remember, she has had to put together a substantial mourning wardrobe on short notice. I just don’t have it in me to overly criticize minor details when a person is attending a family funeral. I had to wear a navy blue dress to my fathers funeral because it was all I had.

Don’t particularly care for this style on her and the the placement of the zipper is odd. Other than that, she looks fine.

When Alexis Carrington meets Carmen Santiago.
Far too theatrical, as always ...

Her eye make-up is absolutely beautifully done, but it seems just a little too heavy for the funeral of a British monarch. I think a lighter, daytime look would have been slightly more appropriate.

I did hear she brought her make-up artist with her.

I think the dress looks fine, although the zipper adds nothing. The eye makeup is over the top, but everything else is appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom