The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 5: November 2019 - April 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen this outfit before on a model in the 1980s' - was it Cindy Crawford?

I like this suit very much. Not a great fan of Meghan’s monochrome tastes usually but I think she looked lovely on this occasion.

The style of the suit is nice and I like the color, but the fit is awful. She really needs to hire a tailor.

Meghan continues with her tradition of wearing very nice outfit that does not fit her at all. She is dressing for a completely different body type that she has. Tailoring might have helped a bit, but I think it still wouldn't have saved this outfit from being a total tragedy.

Meghan continues with her tradition of wearing very nice outfit that does not fit her at all. She is dressing for a completely different body type that she has. Tailoring might have helped a bit, but I think it still wouldn't have saved this outfit from being a total tragedy.

I guess that is the problem. I don't like the (fit of the) blazer; it is 'too low' and 'too wide'.

White suits are “big” this year

They’re very popular right now, and the fit is frequently over-sized.

I don't understand why the clothing she chooses never seems to fit properly.
Perhaps it's borrowed from designers, but wouldn't they make certain the fit looks good for the photos?

They’re very popular right now, and the fit is frequently over-sized.
Yes, but the thing is... it looks oversized in certain areas and then when you look at the back of the outfit, it's clearly a size too small. A good tailoring would solve a lot of problems with this outfit.

Like with most of her clothes this suit is so Ill fitted.
She really can do better

Not really pretty, with an outrageous price. Very bland.

The suit itself in nice but look ill fitted on the Duchess..the jacket is two size bigger and pants are too wide. Not a very succesful oook imo

Does anyone like The Duchess of Sussex and the Duke too?

Does anyone like The Duchess of Sussex and the Duke too?

The reception in The Hague was heartwarming. There was a very positive vibe around. Why would anyone dislike the couple. Because of stories in the rags? They are attending an event which has become a sort of Olympics for wounded military, an amazing achievement for the Duke. They wil feel like fish in water, at this event.

Yes, I do. I’ve liked Harry since he was a teenager. I endorse all Duc’s points about the IG reception and the British tabloids which tore into Meghan from the beginning , but I think this is the wrong thread to discuss anyone’s feelings towards the couple.

Last edited:
Even thought it is ill fitting, I find the outfit elegant.

Me too. It airs a day at the cricket field. It is dressed with casualty, not to look like a perfect mannequin at a sports campus in The Hague.

:previous: Meghan is wearing the Valentino "Oversized Double-Breasted Twill Blazer". https://www.matchesfashion.com/en-f...versized-double-breasted-twill-blazer-1413924

Considering the fit is meant to be oversized, the sleeve and jacket length are perfect as are the pants. Valentino refers to the pants as "Pintucked Wool Tailored Trousers". I'm pretty sure she was fitted at the time of purchase.

Despite Meghan's penchant for monochrome and oversize I think she looks lovely.

The suit itself in nice but look ill fitted on the Duchess..the jacket is two size bigger and pants are too wide. Not a very succesful oook imo

The oversized look is quite fashionable at the moment, but I'm not keen on it. It's the sort of thing I do when I convince myself that really loose-fitting clothes will conceal my rolls of fat ?, but I think that fitted clothes look better on a slim person like Meghan.

The oversized look is quite fashionable at the moment, but I'm not keen on it. It's the sort of thing I do when I convince myself that really loose-fitting clothes will conceal my rolls of fat ?, but I think that fitted clothes look better on a slim person like Meghan.

I also think of the times I convinced myself I looked nice in something because it was the fashion. Being in fashion does not mean it suits your particular shape or height.

I think it's too loose and too long for her.

I'm not into the oversized trend as well. I'm short and I know it's going to make me look even shorter lol (which, normally I prefer loose clothing though).

The suit isn't well fitted, but I think Meghan herself looks super beautiful.;)

Indeed, Meghan herself shines with confidence and is so lovely. No matter what I ever think of her outfit, Meghan herself always looks radiant.

Here, it looks like she is wearing a jacket without a shirt.

She is glowing...I love the hair and makeup. I like the idea of a white pant suit and it does look lovely on her but yes it ill-fitting .

The outfit with jeans would look great on someone like Zendaya - tall, long legs, tiny waist. I really, really don't understand why Meghan can't look at her body and dress accordingly. And I would like to clarify, there's nothing wrong with her body, or anyone else's, it's just that different body types look better/worse in certain outfits.

But I have to say, Meghan's make up was on point. Very natural, nothing too heavy, really nice. It reminded me a bit of her wedding make up, which was also absolutely amazing.

I also think of the times I convinced myself I looked nice in something because it was the fashion. Being in fashion does not mean it suits your particular shape or height.

And remember what Oscar Wilde said - “fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.”

Most fashions don't age well, which is why it's better to opt for something classically stylish instead.

The outfit with jeans would look great on someone like Zendaya - tall, long legs, tiny waist. I really, really don't understand why Meghan can't look at her body and dress accordingly. And I would like to clarify, there's nothing wrong with her body, or anyone else's, it's just that different body types look better/worse in certain outfits.

But I have to say, Meghan's make up was on point. Very natural, nothing too heavy, really nice. It reminded me a bit of her wedding make up, which was also absolutely amazing.

Perhaps she had the same person doing her make-up both times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom