Suggested names and godparents of Marie Chantals' 5th child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so, because of the different faith and because thats a thing which is not done in royal circles (ok, I can think of one exeption, but that was nearly 40 years ago)

I agree 100%. Stavros Aristidis will be baptised in the GO Church and the Dutch baby in the Protestant faith. There is no chance of a double ceremony.

Wonder how these rumours about an upcoming baptism will harmonize with Constantine´s medical surgery.

Wonder how these rumours about an upcoming baptism will harmonize with Constantine´s medical surgery.

I have been out of the loop for sometime now and did not read anything about plans for the baptism. What was said about it? Are the July plans firm? The baby will be 13 months old by then.
In any case I am sure if all goes well the King will be able a month after the surgery to attend the ceremony if it does not involve travelling.

If this is in June or July, I think it will be in London, after the intervention because the King can not travel by plane for a long period of time.

I...did not read anything about plans for the baptism. What was said about it?
Nothing has been announced officially Odette. In the absence of real news, speculation fills the vacuum.

Who of you think that Marie and Pavlos don't want a baptism for their youngest son and let him made his own experiences, like Claire and Laurent with the twin sons?

Well, I can´t imagine Aristidis not being baptised because all his brothers-and-sisters were - maybe it already happened in private - the same with Claire´s and Laurent´s twins

I personally think it's odd they haven't announced anything of a baptism... when are they really expecting it to take place? In Christmas?
[I am really looking forward to seeing photos of the GRF :) ]

I think the perfect time for baptism, should have been the weekend before the Orthodox Easter in april, but I think they were very busy with the opening of stores in USA .... now? I think it is hard to predict it...

Perhaps they are waiting for King Constantine to fully recover? They may also be waiting until the late summer or early fall, since Pavlos' cousin Prince Joachim of Denmark will be having a christening for his new baby at the end of July. Even if they did it privately, I would still think that they would announce godparents. It is very strange. I'm sure that Aristide is very close to being able to walk now (or may even be walking already), and most likely wouldn't fit into any of the heirloom christening gowns that may be in the family.

I think they should baptize soon before the child starts talking, because if they take too long and the child starts talking it can be very confrontational ... The child could confuse the the Orthodox patriarch with other person..The child may call the patriarch "Santa Claus"

Tomorrow will be Aristides birthday 1 year, and he is not baptized.

He is not orthodox yet.
Aristide is the only member of the Royal Family is not Greek Orthodox still

When Queen AM returns back to Greece it can be time for the baptism of little prince Aristidis Stavros. Princess Marie Chantal said in an interview earlier this year that the baptism will be in Greece, in Summer, with all family... Maybe Greek posters heard about more precisions ?

When Queen AM returns back to Greece it can be time for the baptism of little prince Aristidis Stavros. Princess Marie Chantal said in an interview earlier this year that the baptism will be in Greece, in Summer, with all family... Maybe Greek posters heard about more precisions ?

Things are very quiet over here, no news since the surgery of his Majesty and since the Queen was in another baptism on the 26th i think they might plan the christening in August.
Probably at the end of the month. Thats just a guess of-course but if i recall correctly since on the 15th of August we celebrate Virgin Mary the church does not preform weddings and christenings some weeks before. (I know thats whats happening Easter time for sure) so its a probable reason why the christening could take place at the end of August.

Brilliant clue Lia, thank you ! So let us wait patiently...

Hopefully, it will be soon. Aristides is most likely able to walk now, so they will need to figure out if they will carry him, or let him walk to the font; and also, what they will use for a christening outfit. I'm sure the family's gowns will not fit him at this stage.

Today , in Spanish ´s tv said that the baptism will be this weekend in Greece

Hopefully, it will be soon. Aristides is most likely able to walk now, so they will need to figure out if they will carry him, or let him walk to the font; and also, what they will use for a christening outfit. I'm sure the family's gowns will not fit him at this stage.

Its not unusual to baptize kids from 6-7 months old to even 1,5-2 years old over here.
Of course there is a lot more crying and the God-parents are having difficulty to hold on to a oily kid after the baptism.
(the god-parent must put oil all over the naked baby and then the priest puts the baby in the water-some even put their heads under water for a second-others just put water on the head of the baby with their hands).
So you see the difficulty that arises. Otherwise there is no problem getting special clothes for the baptism for the kid.

Today , in Spanish ´s tv said that the baptism will be this weekend in Greece

I hope the greek tv has coverage of the baptism!!!Thank you for the news :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much Lia for your details about the ceremony. Indeed we had pictures of baby prince Constantine naked with very shiny skin, now i understand why.
You will probably be our best commentator about the event... Big week end for us all ahead, how nice !

The same magazine Greek which I have scanned the photo of the Kings of Greece in the Epidauro, it says that the baptism will be the day 4 of August in Porto Heli,
it says that enters the guests will be very members of royals and very famous people... ,I think that it exaggerates much with respect to the guests and celebration… but I think that it is true..., it says that first will be celebrate in the church the baptism and later in the residence of the ex- King in Porto Heli, a private party .…, I think that it is true because The Kings of Spain today have began a visit of three days to Portugal, Madeira, it finalize the Saturday at night, and in the morning of sunday will arrive the Kings to the airport of Majorca, they will be received by the authorities of the island.(In Portugal, the King has condemned the terrorist attack in Majorca, the visit has not been suspended).I belive that the Queen Sofia should be in baptism...
I think that it could be 4th of august as say the greek magazine..

A Spanish journalist say that they have sold the exclusive to a magazine:
Marie Chantal and Pavlo has sold the exclusive to a magazine, everything will be closed to reserve the exclusive.Why????????????????
Other years they had summoned to the Spanish and European press, they have sold exclusive, it is possible that the magazine "Hola !"????....
other times they had sold the exclusive officials photos or ceremony, but they had done a sitting for journalists ....
but now is entirely unique.​
I think that it is "Hola!"

So does this mean they won't show pictures at the time of the event? We won't get to see any on the message board?

in the first place: When is the date of the baptism?
First,This weekend, it has said a Spanish journalist.
Second, the day 4 august , it has said some Greek magazines , and blogs that speak of famous
Three, some Spanish journalists says that it will be to along of vacation of the Kings of Spain, before that the Princess Cristina will travel to the USA, it is about day 15. The Sunday the Kings of Spain arrive at Majorca.

A Spanish journalist has said that it hasn´t sense follow the Queen to Greece because the baptism is sold to a magazine. .and he says that it will be very difficult to obtain photos of members of the Royal House of Spain. I believe that when a Spanish journalist says that " it is sold" is because is the magazine; "Hola! " , when the Magazine "Hola ! " buys an exclusive right does not want that nobody publishes photos of it…

I THINK:

If it is this weekend, the Queen Sofia will not be because she is of official travel to Portugal . I belive that official Web of the Royal House of Greece would have an official communicated with the name of the godfathers.
the official web has not published communicated… But if is true that exist an exclusive right , my opinio is that will not have communicated about it .
If it is day 4, it is very rare to me that the Greek journalists say it, it is not habitual… but by this reason I think that it could be true, Furthermore the Greek magazine emphasizes that strictly private (the exclusive).It could be the day4.

I will like see this baptism as in the past..I don´t want exclusive

I don´t know the date of the baptism, but I believe that the ceremony in the church, we will see the Kings of Greece and Queen Sofia .. some people are followers of the King who attend these acts. I believe that we will see them in churn … The ceremony it could be exclusive right, when Pavlo baptized to his son in Athens, they gave to the exclusive right to the greek magazine "lIFE&STYLE",but they put for the rest of the journalists. I believe that they do not want to give publicity to the act because they do not want a tumult of people, because the king of Greece is not recovered of intervention and it could be dangerous for him.

I agree with you Stef, the exclusive rights, if there are some, are most probably for the inside of the Church or Chapel.
By the way, as I see you write from Athens, do you know a link to visit the website of the Greek magazine Life and Style ? And is it possible to buy ancient issues of the magazine (the ones with the GRF of course :)) ?

There is nothing on the royal family's website at this time. Do you know who reported this Beltraneja? It seems like there are usually a few reports before each christening in this family.

I heard the christening will take place on Thursday in Greece,with 7 godparents.The 2 younger children,Theodora & Philip,will stay in the US,though.I'm looking forward to seeing Marie Chantal's outfit during the christening.

Here is the latest for the christening, according to the greek tv channel Alter The christening will take place August 6th around 7 in the afternoon. The guests will be less than 100 and Princess Theodora and Prince Philipos will not attend because they are currently in the US.
The journalists speculate that the christening will take place in Spetses island like the previous time and then the reception will be at Porto-Heli the Kings summer residence.
Finally the greek press mentions Tattiana and the fact she will attend since she is Prince Nikolaos fiance.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Greek Royal Family gathered in Greece for the baptism of Prince Aristides.Queen Sofia and Infanta's Elena and Christina flew in last night.

I've removed the argument over the differing media claims of what is going on. One year after the birth, we can wait a few days or so.
Once we are sure of the christening, we can create the Prince's christening thread.

Warren
GRF moderator

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom