Sheikh Mohammed's Children 3: March-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jamila said:
Welcome to forum sara06, there is no official announcement of wedding or engagement of sheikh Hamdan yet! :)
And his first wife will be from the UAE. No question about it.

Arisan said:
Why do some members of Arab ruling families touch or kiss each others nose when they meet? :ermm: I have seen S.Hamdan do this many times.
It has nothing to do with ruling families. It indicates the level of closeness, familiarity, and respect. First it's shaking hands, then a kiss to each cheek. If you are really good friends (or family) or if it someone receiving who is held in high esteem, then the rubbing of noses. Goes back a long time.

Royal Friend said:
And his first wife will be from the UAE. No question about it.

Will be interesting to see if he follows into his father's footsteps and marries more than once.

Duke of Marmalade said:
Will be interesting to see if he follows into his father's footsteps and marries more than once.
I suspect only to strengthen family and/or political ties. This generation is tending to one wife only. At least one at a time. And even the previous generation was more for the strengthening of ties than anything else. Just like they have always done and like it was done in Europe until the past 40 years or so.

Duke of Marmalade said:
Nice pic, many thanks. Are you sure the one on the left is Rashid? To me he looks like Ahmed, as he has a much fuller face than Rashid ;)

Sheikh Maktoum:)

dazzling said:
Sheikh Maktoum:)

Maktoum is the one second from right? My guess is (from left) Ahmed, Hamdan, Mo, Maktoum, Mansour but these boys look very similar so I could be wrong :flowers:

Last edited:
Duke of Marmalade said:
Nice pic, many thanks. Are you sure the one on the left is Rashid? To me he looks like Ahmed, as he has a much fuller face than Rashid ;)

Oops sorry typing mistake should be Sheikh Ahmed :ohmy:

Duke of Marmalade said:
Maktoum is the one second from right? My guess is (from left) Ahmed, Hamdan, Mo, Maktoum, Mansour but these boys look very similar so I could be wrong :flowers:

yes thats right. Some of the boys do look alike and its not easy for someone who isnt familiar to make out whos who:)

lamass said:
what are their ages?

Mo's boys are born between 1981 and 1988. These marked with a star are the sons of Sheikha Hind, Mo's longstanding wife. Please correct me if I am wrong. Maybe somebody can confirm Mansour's date of birth?

Rashid 12/11/1981*
Hamdan 14/11/1982*
Maktoum 11/1984*
Ahmed 07/02/1987*
Mansour ?
Majid 16/10/1987
Saeed 03/1988*

Luckily, most of the boys seem to have inherited their mother's nose and not the typical big Al Maktoum nose (seen on Mo or the late Sheikh Maktoum).

who is the mother of majid?

lamass said:
who is the mother of majid?

From what I know Mo has five acknowledged children who are not Sheikha Hind's:

Manal (oldest child, married to Mansour bin Zayed)
Maitha (she does martial arts)
Shamsa
Majid
Mansour

No idea who the mothers are or how many mothers there are and who is full brother or sister of halb brother and sister. Does anyone know?

I am sure Mo was / is still married to their mother(s). Don't think they would be mentioned on his website if they were born out of wedlock.

azrayy said:
pictures of sheikh hamdan:
Thanks Azrayy
In some pics we can see that Hamdan has inherited the dramatic gestrures his father loves to show :)
Majid always comes across as very shy and with a tendency to look to the ground while Hamdan seems to be very self confident and comfortable with other people. Maybe it comes with age, Majid is still very young.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, what do you think sheikh rashid's character/personality is like? Do you think his shy, serious....
I have a major crush on him and i am always dreaming of what kind of husband/boyfriend he would make....
Hey i know it's utter madness....but if wishes were horses we would all ride

There’s one video where you can see Rashid upset with something and his brother Hamdan does not stand on his way. I do not know if that means something, but he doesn’t seem very nice when he’s angry. But who is?
I would say he is anxious by the way he looks to other people, especially older people. Probably Freud would explain that :)
Despite all this, he seems very sweet to his sisters, mainly the youngest.
In sum, I think Rashid is anxious, he’s sweet to whom he cares and has bad temper when he’s upset

Rashid seems to have a serious side in him, no idea if this has a good or bad impact on his personality. He has inherited his fathers scary eyes so he can give a look that makes you think twice about your intentions. I believe Hamdan is much more social, he comes across more easy going and approachable.

We should not forget that Rashid is the oldest son, so maybe the burden on his shoulders is a bit heavier and, as in all families, he might have had to fight harder for what he wants while his brothers and sisters can take these things for granted lateron.

I agree that he seems to be very protective of his brothers and sisters and from pictures you can tell that his relationship to them is close. There is more of a distance between him and Haya as eg Hamdan and Majid who seem to act quite comfortably with her. Rashid did not attend his father's wedding in Amman (Hamdan did) and I think he has a very close bond to his mother. Of course all boys love and adore their father but my impression is that the relationship Mo - Rashid might be more difficult than Mo - Hamdan. Anyway, for having a good relationship to 17 children you need to invest a certain amount of time and I doubt that workaholic Mo can fit that into his schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom