September 1982 ( Stephanie's condition etc.)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sure Paula but I have to go out right now so I promise that I'll do it when I get back in a couple of hours! :)

Source:ANP
f4jj2b.jpg

http://tinypic.com/f4jj2b.jpg
f4jyg9.jpg

http://tinypic.com/f4jyg9.jpg

Last edited:
Jeffrey Robisnson made a great book and portrait about the family ... it's in fact the only official authorized book.

About the accident he writes ( with cooparation of family members):

...There are also the one who still claim: " Even if Stephanie was not driving...and by the way I'm not totally convinced she wasn't...there's been a cover-up and we'll never no the truth about the accident, although I know what happend but I can't say for fear of reprisals. ( don't know who Jeffrey is talking about here, who said this)
Nonsense.
There was no cover-up.
Stephanie was not driving!
Caroline is the only member of the family to have spoken to Stephanie about what happend in the car that morning. She moved into Stephanie's hospital room, to live there with her until she was fit enough to go home. And the two girls talked about the accident a few days after it happend.
'Stephanie told me, " Mommy kept saying, I can't stop. The brakes don't work. I can't stop." She said that mommy was in a complete panic Stephanie grabbed the handbrake. Se told me right after the accident, " I pulled on the handbrake but it wouldn't stop. I tried but I just couldn't stop the car." '
Stephanie has never discussed the accident with her father or brother ( maybe she has until now , the book is some years old) There are even some people close to the family who sincerely believe that Stephanie has since blocked the accident out of her mind, that she remebres nothing of what happend that morning.
This is not the case.
' I remeber every minute of it, ' she says, trying to control her emotions. It's only in the last few years that I've been starting to cope with it. I had some professional help and especially in the last eight months I've been learning to deal with it. I still can't go down that road, even if someone else is driving. I always ask them to take the other road. But at least I can talk about it without crying. Although it's hard for me to get it out in front of my dad. As far as I'm concerned I can live with it. But I still can't talk to my dad about it because I know it hurts him and I don't want to do that because I love him.'

(Jeffrey Robinson - Rainier and Grace, 1989)

I feel sorry for Stephanie that is was blamed on her a little bit when the accident happenned back in 1982 at the tender age of 17. They were partly blaming it on her because she was 17 and learning to drive at the time. Well Stephanie didn't do it I know for sure she has said so so has Caroline Grace had a massive stroke while driving thats what made her have the car accident if it was for the stroke Grace would still be here.

michelle said:
Some more pics I have from those days....:(

(personal col.)
Yeah I know it was sad I can feel her pain and loss. But I have to say this dosent have anything to do with the topic here. But Stephanie has the most Gorgeous Hair I have ever seen. Its Beautiful very thick and shiny lustourus no gray . Beautiful black brown with reddish highlights in it with some wave.:)

michelle said:
You're right, David :)

A few pictures that featured Stephanie's interview in 2002:

(source: bunte + alloverpress)
Those photos with Stephanie in it I can see the images of the accident in her she's also very calm and peaceful in them. In these pics from 2002. But also her hair is so Gorgeous in these pics and always is I love hair I have always have. I think thats her best physical feature. Its a rich very rich dark black brown with reddish highlights in the sun very shiny. I wish my hair was that color and like hers. Hers is so thick also and wavy theres body to it.:) I love Stephanies hair I wish I had her hair!!!:)

Thanks for all the information. I didn't know that Stéphanie had been injured so badly during the 1982 accident. No newspapers talked about it, all I heard was that she had to wear a brace because her neck had been slightly touched. Poor Stéphanie ! She really had a hard time in those days and apparently it took her years to deal with the situation.

It's horrible that they tried to blame Stephanie...it's obviously wasn't her fault and must have made it a lot harder on her. I didn't realize how badly she was hurt from the accident. Thanks for all the information, it helps explain how bad things really were for her and her entire family.

the two sisters in 1982

Stephanie with her father and Paul Belmondo
Caroline and Stephanie ( Stephanie already without brace )

(scans from a book)
I just want to thank you for these pictures from 1982 and ask how
could i find magazines ("jours de france" , "paris match" or other)reffering
to Princesse's Grace funeral or Caroline and Stephanie after the death of their mother?Please,it's very important for me so i would appreciate it
if someone answered me.

I just want to thank you for these pictures from 1982 and ask how
could i find magazines ("jours de france" , "paris match" or other)reffering
to Princesse's Grace funeral or Caroline and Stephanie after the death of their mother?Please,it's very important for me so i would appreciate it
if someone answered me.

One of your best sources could be ebay - you search on "Princess Stephanie" (or Princess Grace or Princess Caroline) and see what's out there. Keep checking back, they're always getting new things.

What a sad topic...And what a wonderful woman dissappeared in the person of Princess Grace this awful, awful day...

I can remember this day perfectly. I was ten back then, and when we were in Math's class (it was almost always the first one ! Ugh) the teacher told us what was happened. And the blame in Princess Stéphanie was already there: "...Did you know that Grace of Monaco had had a car accident? -said my teacher- It seems she is dying. Her state is very delicate . Maybe she could survive but it is unsure yet...It seems that her littlest daughter, Stéphanie, was along with her in the car. Some saids it was her who was really driving." "And what if she was?"- a boy of our classroom asked. " She is 17- the teacher answered - she can't drive yet. So the Monegasque authorities are covering all the affair. If the truth is spread, it could be scandalous" Another classmate asked how people knows the girl was driving and not her mother: "...Some people saids they saw the long braids of Stéphanie flying behind her inside the car. It was her who was in the driving place...But she is dying too, anyway"

So, you see...The "it seems" changed quickly to the "for sure". But at least I can remeber that Princess Stéphanie was in very bad condition after the accident. Almost near to death.

I should always remember the teacher sentence about "her flying braids", and I was convinced for years that Princess Stéphanie wore braids...I searched also for years her pics wearing two long braids...and never found them. Maybe, my teacher added the "braids" thing by her own, or just had heard a rumor about them.

But yes: the story was the girl had killed the mother.

Vanesa.:ermm:

Didn't Caroline sleep in the room with Stephanie for a while?

One of your best sources could be ebay - you search on "Princess Stephanie" (or Princess Grace or Princess Caroline) and see what's out there. Keep checking back, they're always getting new things.

Thank you for the information.I can't get my eyes off this picture with
the two young sisters standing sad out of the Cathedral after attending
the memorial service for Princess Grace..In the one and only magazine
i possess from that time i read that Bach's "Fantaisies"were heard during
the memorial sevice.Sometimes i imagine the figures of Caroline and Stephanie frozen in time exactly at this event never growing up...
"Fantasy".Somehow i believe that this picture is written in the wind.
In conclusion these two women made me dream and suffer from the age
of ten.

I have seen pics before, but since this was was before my time and I first time read that interviw from 2002 I only can imagine half way what happens that day. I have been through a big accident myself on my motorcycle. Someone took the right of way because they just didn't see me. I had many problems as well and now some years after I still have problems when the weather changes. Mostly my bones where they where broke. Some wounds heal but not all of them. I can read it and see what Stepphanie has been going trough. I lost my mom in 2010 on a tragic way as well...also I had arguing with her before she passed. I can feel what was going on and yes, would I go back I would do many things different. I am glad that Stephanie came out alive and yes...there was a reason why she still is here on the planet. I have the same feeling with myself. Mayby one day I find out. Have a great week everybody and thanks for sharing the pictures and the interview. I never been in Monaco before but I probably would have the same bad feeling when I would be on that road as well.

Back
Top Bottom