Royal Reburial for Prince Paul and Princess Olga of Yugoslavia, October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeatrixFan

Majesty , Royal Blogger, TRF Author
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
I can't find anything about this on the official website of the Serbian crown prince or on any other website for that matter.

The Royal Family of Serbia

Some months ago I've watched a video (I think on youtube, though I'm not totally sure) of an interview to Princess Elisabeth, the daughter of Paul and Olga; and she said that she was working to arrange the reburial of her parents in the Royal Mausoleum at Oplenac, though I don't remember at what stage the preparation for the reburial was.

Very interesting update, keep us posted please! :flowers:
Does this mean that the majority of the Serbian people are warming up to their ex-royal family? Or the reburial has nothing to do with the people?

A state funeral even? That's interesting and surprising for me.
Thanks for sharing the news, B-fan. I hope we get to see some good coverage of the event.

A state re-burial is indeed a very interesting development.
We'll see how things proceed, but I would have thought there would be some kind of announcement on Prince Alexander's official website by now.

Perhaps this reburial would open the way for a reburial for crown prince Alexander's father Peter II?

Very interesting update, keep us posted please! :flowers:
Does this mean that the majority of the Serbian people are warming up to their ex-royal family? Or the reburial has nothing to do with the people?

Serbian people either like the royal family or are indifferent. There are not many of those who say that they have strong reasons to be against it. The only issue is whether the taxpayers' money is being used for the reburial which I don't think is the case here.

It's a strange one, you'd think that this would be all over the official website of the Crown Prince or even have a mention on the website of the President of Serbia but so far, nothing. The dates and times etc have been posted on all kinds of blogs but there's nothing official yet. I suppose it's a case of wait and see.

Thank you all for the replies and the links! :flowers:
It amazes me that Princess Elisabeth acheived her goal in only 3 and a half years! I'll keep an eye on this thread. ;)

The 3 coffins were exhumed in Lausanne today.

Thanks for the links and information.

I hope Prince Alexander and Family will attend on October 6th ?

According to the news every member of Karadjordjevic family will attend, but we'll just have to wait and see...

Until October 6th we have this:

"
The President of Serbia, H.E. Mr. Tomislav Nikolic, Serbian Prime Minister H.E. Mr. Ivica Dacic, HRH Prince Alexander (son) and HRH Princess Barbara, HRH Princess Elizabeth (daughter), HRH Princess Linda, HRH Prince George, HRH Prince Michael, HRH Prince Vladimir and HRH Princess Brigitta, Mrs. Catherine Oxenberg (daughter of HRH Princess Elizabeth),as well as ministers from the Serbian government, members of the diplomatic corps, religious and other officials were present at the arrival and during the Cathedral ceremony.
Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine together with their sons His Royal Highness Hereditary Prince Peter and His Royal Highness Prince Philip will attend the ceremonies that will take place on Saturday, October 6 with other members of the Karadjordjevic Royal Family and distinguished guests at the St George Church at Oplenac, which will be held with full state and religious honours."

Among other guests,there was Archduchess Helen,niece of Princess Olga,standing between Elizabeth and Barbara.Here are some of the pictures:

http://www.royalfamily.org/events/2012/oktobar/4/IMG_4052w.jpg

http://www.royalfamily.org/events/2012/oktobar/4/IMG_4056w.jpg

http://www.royalfamily.org/events/2012/oktobar/4/IMG_4133w.jpg

The reburial ceremony took place, as planned on October 6.
Virtually the entire Serbian Royal Family was present, including Crown Prince Alexander II, Crown Princess Katherine, Hereditary Prince Peter, Princes Philip and Alexander, and Princess Elizabeth (daughter of Prince Paul and Princess Olga). They were joined by President Tomislav Nikolic, members of Serbian Government and Parliament, representatives of Serbian Orthodox Church, as well as a number of foreign dignitaries.

Also present were Prince Nicholas of Greece, Prince Michael of Kent, Princess Barbara, Princess Linda, Prince George, Prince Michael, Prince Vladimir and Princess Brigitta, Catherine Oxenberg, and Nicholas Balfour (the latter two are Prince Paul and Princess Olga’s grandchildren though their only daughter, Princess Elizabeth).

A large gallery of pictures.
For more information, read this article.

A lovely family get-together to honor their ancestors! Princess Olga was a true beauty, perhaps the most beautiful of the 3 sisters!
Artemisia, I read your article with great pleasure. Congratulations! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom