Royal House of Georgia 2: 2021-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Juan with Princess Kristine meet the Ambassador of Georgia to the UK ,Sophie Katsarava, at the Georgian Embassy in London.

Also they make a visit to the British Museum, to see a Georgian Cross pendant which has recently been made a permanent part of the museum's public exhibit.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfJ_bacIP06/

Prince Juan was invited as speaker of the year by The Cambridge University Heraldic and Genealogical Society at Trinity College as part of the "Mountbatten Commemorative Lecture" on its 65th anniversary to give a lecture on the “History of Georgia and the Heraldry of the Bagrationi Royal Dynasty" .
Princess kristine was with him

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfdtI1Vo4B1/

Prince Gourami "Ugo" is married!

Prince Gourami "Ugo" Bagration-Mukhransky of Georgia (b.14 February 1985) [youngest of four children of late Prince George Bagration-Mukhransky of Georgia (1944-2008) and only together by his second wife Nuria, nee Llopis Oliart (b.1953)] married civilly Niki "Nekia" Lane in Benahavis, Malaga province (Spain) on 19 November.

Source: https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot....f-georgia.html

Prince Gourami "Ugo" Bagration-Mukhransky of Georgia (b.14 February 1985) [youngest of four children of late Prince George Bagration-Mukhransky of Georgia (1944-2008) and only together by his second wife Nuria, nee Llopis Oliart (b.1953)] married civilly Niki "Nekia" Lane in Benahavis, Malaga province (Spain) on 19 November.

Source: https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot....f-georgia.html
They are a good-looking couple

The Oldest Christian Dynasty: Georgian Monarchs Family Tree, 299-234 BC to present day​

Narration by Jack Rackam
Chart by Ramiro Sottosanto
Animation by Syawish Rehman

This genealogy-related mini documentary on the Royal House of Georgia was just posted today at the UsefulCharts YouTube channel. The House Bagration is now also part of the Imperial House of Russia and to this day the opposition to Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna state her mother, a Bagration princess, was a morganatic marriage with her father Grand Ducke Vladimir of Russia.

In my opinion that is absolute nonsense and just because Georgia and Armenia were absorbed into the Russian aristocracy ranks doesn't remove the history that House Bagration was reigning longer than any current royal house in Europe. It's a very similar situation to the royal house of Hawaii absorbed into the USA republic.

So that makes Maria, her son and grandson the most senior of all royal houses in both Europe and Middle East dynasties.

Last edited:

The Oldest Christian Dynasty: Georgian Monarchs Family Tree, 299-234 BC to present day​

Narration by Jack Rackam
Chart by Ramiro Sottosanto
Animation by Syawish Rehman

This genealogy-related mini documentary on the Royal House of Georgia was just posted today at the UsefulCharts YouTube channel. The House Bagration is now also part of the Imperial House of Russia and to this day the opposition to Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna state her mother, a Bagration princess, was a morganatic marriage with her father Grand Ducke Vladimir of Russia.

In my opinion that is absolute nonsense and just because Georgia and Armenia were absorbed into the Russian aristocracy ranks doesn't remove the history that House Bagration was reigning longer than any current royal house in Europe. It's a very similar situation to the royal house of Hawaii absorbed into the USA republic.

So that makes Maria, her son and grandson the most senior of all royal houses in both Europe and Middle East dynasties.

The marriage was morganatic because Maria Vladimirovna’s mother had been married before and was divorced with a child. The Bagration dynasty was long deposed and was absorbed into the Russian nobility in spite of its antiquity. Plus Leonida’s mother was from untitled Polish nobility.

Like Toledo, I have heard only that Maria Vladimirovna's opponents believe her parents' marriage to be morganatic because of the Bagrations' mediatization within the Russian Empire. I am not aware of any of her opponents citing her mother's divorce or her maternal grandmother's heritage.

Like Toledo, I have heard only that Maria Vladimirovna's opponents believe her parents' marriage to be morganatic because of the Bagrations' mediatization within the Russian Empire. I am not aware of any of her opponents citing her mother's divorce or her maternal grandmother's heritage.
The Bagrations were not given mediatized status, the Georgian kingdom was simply annexed into Russia. There is a precedent of a divorcee with unequal status not being an acceptable bride, Olga Karnovich, second wife of Grand Duke Paul Alexandrovich with descendants not having succession rights . People have also brought up, her ancestress Grand Duchess Vladimir’s religious conversion being convenient (as in she only converted to Orthodoxy later on after her marriage). The Bagration family had not reigned since Georgia was exiled

Yes, I have heard of Maria Vladimirovna's opponents using her ancestress's late conversion as one of their arguments, but I have not heard of them using her mother's divorce or her maternal grandmother's ancestry.

The Bagrations were not given mediatized status, the Georgian kingdom was simply annexed into Russia. There is a precedent of a divorcee with unequal status not being an acceptable bride, Olga Karnovich, second wife of Grand Duke Paul Alexandrovich with descendants not having succession rights . People have also brought up, her ancestress Grand Duchess Vladimir’s religious conversion being convenient (as in she only converted to Orthodoxy later on after her marriage). The Bagration family had not reigned since Georgia was exiled
The video from Useful Charts made me look into the Georgian House Bagration history and their association with the family they branched out, the Armenian Bagratids that are related to everyone in antiquity.

Seems when Catherine the Great tried to liberate Georgia from the Ottoman Empire she was enraged when the Bagration leader king in the area abandoned one of the battles. So that's how they landed demoted in the Russian aristocracy from royals to serene princes.
But the interesting fact is Georgia has the most support to restore the monarchy than any other post-Soviet Union country.

The video from Useful Charts made me look into the Georgian House Bagration history and their association with the family they branched out, the Armenian Bagratids that are related to everyone in antiquity.

Seems when Catherine the Great tried to liberate Georgia from the Ottoman Empire she was enraged when the Bagration leader king in the area abandoned one of the battles. So that's how they landed demoted in the Russian aristocracy from royals to serene princes.
But the interesting fact is Georgia has the most support to restore the monarchy than any other post-Soviet Union country.
Yes it’s because a branch of the family left the battlefield breaking off an agreement so at that point Russia just decided to annex Georgia. Yes, but just like in the early days, there’s still division between two branches of the dynasty and the issue is Russia’s position

Back
Top Bottom