Queen Paola´s 70th birthday; September 11, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paola does not look 70!
I do wish she had worn a hat--she would have looked lovely in a matching aqua blue number

Wonderful pics. Queen Paola really does look fabulous for 70. It's nice to see the various royal children having fun together.

Queen Paola looks very good, she looks younger than 70. That seems to be the "big" royal age for this year, King Harald, Queen Sonja, and now Queen Paola! All of the children look good, the two little girls seem to be friends, which is good, and the twins were also cute, although one of them seemed to hurt his face.

Queen Paola looks very good, she looks younger than 70. That seems to be the "big" royal age for this year, King Harald, Queen Sonja, and now Queen Paola! All of the children look good, the two little girls seem to be friends, which is good, and the twins were also cute, although one of them seemed to hurt his face.

And Queen Beatrix in coming January.
I hope on a grand gala event in the completely restored and refurbished giant Royal Palace Amsterdam (the Queen has ordered 40 suites/appartments to be redecorated and modernized on the third floor.

:flowers:

Matilde looks so great!!!

These pictures are really nice. I like it that the Belgian RF is so open in showing ALL their members, not only the children of the crownprince.

Paola does not look 70!
I do wish she had worn a hat--she would have looked lovely in a matching aqua blue number

Italian women do age well. look at sophie loren, susan saradon and other women her age and you will see it.

Great Pics!!!

I really like them!
Who is the little girl seated close to Queen Paola? Isn't she the daughter of Pcess Astrid?( the 3rd one?)

yes the girl that is sitting between the queen and prince Laurent is the second daughter of princess Astrid, Luisa Maria and at the other side of the queen sits the youngest daughter of princess Astrid, Laetitia Maria. I think Luisa Maria is becoming a real lady the way she sits.

Thank everyone for the beautiful pictures! Princess Louise is the cutest child I've ever seen :wub:.

Thanks everyone for the great pictures, the one where Laurent grabs Louise kind of bothers me because he has such a stern expression on his face and she is such a tiny little girl. The twins are really getting cute and Nicolas is starting to get hair, wonder what was on Ameryic face?
Anyone know why Prince Filip's children were not there?

Paola looks incredibly good for 70. I hope she has a wonderful birthday even thought they won't do a big celebration like the scandinavian royal. I hope I look as good as her when I reach that age but that wont be for a while.

Prince Laurent has a pretty family.

On occasion of Queen Paola's birthday begian tv station Canvas will air the one hour documentary "Paola,Portrait of a woman" on monday night september 10th at 20.50PM.The documentary is by the same director as "The voice of the Queen" that was aired last year.

I was wondering if anybody see the VTM special on Paola? It aired yesterday I think, so is it online already (couldn´t find it myself yet).

On occasion of Queen Paola's birthday begian tv station Canvas will air the one hour documentary "Paola,Portrait of a woman" on monday night september 10th at 20.50PM.The documentary is by the same director as "The voice of the Queen" that was aired last year.

Don't forget,in 5 minutes.:flowers:

I forgot! I was hooked to my book (Louis Couperus and ´De Stille Kracht´). Do you know if they will put this one online?

---

And just as a reminder, for those who want to congratulate Queen Paola on her birthday tomorrow, please do so in this thread.

The Belgian newspaper "Nieuwblas" has celebration wishes for the queen:

Happy Birthay, dolce Paola!
Queen becomes 70 today

The wonderfull Italian Beauty who became a Belgian princess in 1959, celebrates today her 70th birthay. Anno 2007 radiates queen Paola still that
class and natural flair of the olden days. Three childern, eleven grandchildern, a marriage crises and a lot of state visits later, 'La Dolce Paola" is there more than ever.

They also have a photo special whith these pictures
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

Flandersnews (VRT) dedicated this page to Queen Paola's birthday, in english.

Great pictures of Queen Paola, she's belissima! :) Happy Birthday.

I forgot! I was hooked to my book (Louis Couperus and ´De Stille Kracht´). Do you know if they will put this one online?

Great choice for a read, Marengo! :flowers:
Thank you for the pictures, stephanie. I think that Paola still is one of the most stylish royals around. She aged so beautifully.

thanks for the nice video... She was such a beauty... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom