Queen Camilla's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2022 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Camilla at the funeral of Queen Elizabeth today, September 19:

** Full view ** Full view **

Queen Camilla's hat is very becoming. Has she worn it previously?
Not this one but she does have several similar ones. I have seen it in powder blue and in grey.

The dress looks smart but I think the hat is too fussy. Her shoes look like they have welly treads on the sole. I've seen her look much more stylish but after the last 10 days, she's in need of a spa and slippers.
I liked the hat because it denotes her consideration for others. Had she worn a black hat like her larger brimmed beauties anyone short behind her would not have had a clear view to the front and IMHO it would have been too frivolous.

Having said that, it is not a hat I would like to see again. It is not her usual style and somehow made her look tense and pale. Camilla, for good or ill, has always been a style-setter for her dress, hats and accessories, though I would bet she wouldn't give tuppence aout it but she gives women over sixty a reminder that life is for living, clothing doesn't have to be "sensible" and not "feminine" and that hats can be frivolous, whimsical, practical and everything inbetween.

Queen Camilla attends last night 7 October at the launch dinner for the opening of the inaugural Braemar Literary Festival.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeiRAo8WYAE-_s3?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeiRAo6XoAMknVU?format=jpg&name=medium

Camilla looks pretty in that color, but the “gown” itself strongly resembles a velour bathrobe with zipper, drawstring waist, and pockets! (Mine is dark green, and I wear it for Saturday evenings at home.)

Camilla looks pretty in that color, but the “gown” itself strongly resembles a velour bathrobe with zipper, drawstring waist, and pockets! (Mine is dark green, and I wear it for Saturday evenings at home.)

It does. :D However it is a very lovely colour on her.

Last edited:
Wow, it must have been let's get our bathrobes out week for some royal ladies this week.
The colour is nice and I love the contrast to the bag. But other than that I am unfortunately not much impressed.

That was a very unflattering, unattractive dress. I echo the sentiment that it resembles a bathrobe or housecoat or dressing gown (depending on what that garment is called in your neck of the woods) and shouldn't have left the house. I like the color, but that's it.

The blue color is very nice on her QCC. I love velvet or velveteen (as it appears to be). The top part of her dress is fine but waist down needs ro be reworked. I bet we will see this dress in the future but in a different style, (I hope). It does look comfortable but not for such an event.

I want my dressing gown back - I have a dressing gown that looks exactly the same but mine is red.

While I think it's appropriate to wear Scottish style clothes at events like the Braemar Gathering, seeing Camilla in these tartan & feathered embellished outfits at other occasions in Scotland has overtones of cosplay to me.

While I think it's appropriate to wear Scottish style clothes at events like the Braemar Gathering, seeing Camilla in these tartan & feathered embellished outfits at other occasions in Scotland has overtones of cosplay to me.

I think it is paying homage to Scotland, so I am quite relaxed about it.

cosplay? What's that?

She is always very elegant, but I don't like this color combination of green and red because it makes me think of the Christmas Season - Santa's helpers wear green, Santa and Mrs. Claus wears red.
That aside she is always impeccable in her wardrobe choices.

3 minutes after...and now for my shameful retraction moment ?
I just read new comments the colors represent the tartan touches. Sorry if I didn't get it for not looking at her cuffs and lapel. :flowers:

But now, on a good spin, I'm thinking of Xmas holidays! ?

Last edited:
Given that they were just attending a regular church service (it's not a royal event) I agree that there is little need to specifically dress 'Scottish'. To me it mostly liked like both of them dressing like the 'upper-class country folks' (not sure how best to express that).

Don't feel alone, I am very unimpressed with Camilla's fashion choices. I know she's not a fashion plate and has no interest in being one but HMQEII wasn't one either yet always put in the effort to look well put together. Camilla just seems to not care and it shows.

Although I was not impressed by that nightgown-dress, I have to say I rather have her dressed like this while I know what matters is what's inside, than have a fashiondoll with no brains.

Look inside the car. It's a nice touch the car seat back support has the same tartan pattern fabric as her dress for this event.

That's a tartan blanket and yes it matches the overall tartan themed outfit.

That's a tartan blanket and yes it matches the overall tartan themed outfit.

:lol: OMG! That makes more sense now! And here, with just one cup of morning coffee at 8:38 AM, my mind was running with the thought she has a seamstress on retainer working the night shift to make her car cushions to match the event dress. That does it, An Ard Ri, I need more coffee!

Queen Camilla visited a maternity unit at Chelsea and Westminster hospital in London today, October 13:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Queen Camilla visited a maternity unit at Chelsea and Westminster hospital in London today, October 13:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Her hair looks great in these pics! I think a Queen should always have a stylist/dresser, not just for special occasions.

Although I was not impressed by that nightgown-dress, I have to say I rather have her dressed like this while I know what matters is what's inside, than have a fashiondoll with no brains.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her hair looks great in these pics! I think a Queen should always have a stylist/dresser, not just for special occasions.

I agree, there is such a visible difference between when Camilla's hair has been freshly styled and otherwise. As Queen, I hope she will have her hair styled for all public appearances.

She looks really good. Camilla and her team (Bruce Oldfield) do know what suits her and she doesn't have to be fashionable to look good or appropriate, which is why the dressing gown was a bit of a surprise.

She looks really good. Camilla and her team (Bruce Oldfield) do know what suits her and she doesn't have to be fashionable to look good or appropriate, which is why the dressing gown was a bit of a surprise.
Yes and most of the time she is perfectly dressed for the occasion, simple and nice clothes which suit her shape and age.

She seems to be going for a relatively less-fussy style (at least outside Scotland). It's kind of refreshing versus some other queens in the cohort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom