Queen Camilla, Current Events Part 1: September 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

Queen Camilla attended the Braemar Literary Festival again today, September 30, her son Tom did so as well:

** rex gallery **

Yesterday, October 11, Queen Camilla hosted a reception at Clarence House to mark 30 years of the Forward Arts Foundation:

** gettyimages gallery ** dailymail article ** gtresnews gallery **

Great event.

Not quite sure why these events are being held at Clarence House and not BP. I appreciate parts of BP are a building site, but I am sure there are many usable rooms at BP.

Also, whilst the King & Queen are not currently living at BP, BP remains the very visible face and HQ of the monarchy. IMO, where possible, and especially so early in the reign, engagements should be held there.

:previous: I have to say I agree. I love Clarence House and I think it's a far better home than BP, but for official receptions and stuff, Buckingham Palace just feels way more formal.

Queen Camilla is attending a Commonwealth Women's Event at Marlborough House this evening.

Today, November 16, Queen Camilla hosted a reception for winners of The Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition 2023 at Buckingham Palace:

** gettyimages gallery **

The Queen has met young patients, families and staff at @CHSW's Charlton Farm children's hospice in Bristol today.

Her Majesty brought along some Christmas decorations for the children, and helped them decorate the Christmas tree.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a wonderful project. However it?s a great shame that a genuinely popular author like JK Rowling who encouraged a whole generation of children to read, wasn't asked to contribute a story. People like Conan Doyle whose works sold like hot cakes in the first quarter of the 20th century contributed a tiny story in the original library.
However, with the exception of Anthony Horowitz and a couple of others, the 21st century compilers haven?t bothered with popular British authors.

‘Jamie Oliver has been named as Britain’s second biggest-selling author since records began, behind ... guess who?

With total sales of £126million from more than 10million cookbooks, the Essex-born television chef and school meals campaigner is ranked second only to Harry Potter author JK Rowling. Ms Rowling’s seven books about the boy wizard have generated sales of more than £237.6million.

The sales figures have been compiled by The Bookseller, which drew up a list of Britain’s 50 most successful authors (see below).’

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money...-Rowling-50-biggest-selling-authors-time.html

And as for recipe books, instead of nepotism running wild, what about Mary Berry?

Birthdate: March 24, 1935
Birthplace: Bath, Somerset, England
Author of over 75 cookbooks, Mary Berry has also hosted several culinary shows, such as Mary Berry Cooks. A CBE and DBE recipient, she has also received the Guild of Food Writers Lifetime Achievement Award and an honorary degree.

Last edited:
Queen Camilla paid a visit to the Kindred Studios a pop up hub in London today.

I am impressed how dutifully Camilla is, considering how much sorrow she must have and also considering her age. I have read today that they have returned to Sandringham again for Charles to get more rest. And she must have put that appointment in between.

I suspect, for now, the plan is for the King & Queen to come to London for about 48 hours every week for the King to have treatment, and then return to Sandringham. In that time, the Queen will probably squeeze in an engagement or two every week. Depending on how the King is feeling, perhaps the Queen will start to do another engagement or two every week in the Norfolk / East Anglia / Cambridgeshire area.

What a fabulous gathering of people! Queen Camilla looks calm, confident and like she's having a wonderful evening.

Here's a video from the '' Celebration Of Shakespeare" at Grosvenor House yesterday evening.

Back
Top Bottom