Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 11: December 2009 - February 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the Varela/Chanel suit has been worn many many times, but I agree with DoM that it is appropriate for the event!
I also liked her choice of the white suit for the visit to the Mosquee.
Hola
I didn't like at all her outfit at the reception for the Spanish Community.
PIC
I find it nice (except the shoes!), but toooooooo casual and inappropriate for the event.

I don't like her hair anymore!
IMO, she needs either a cut or a different hairdo!
daylife

The whole trip has been a Varela revival tour.

Today in Abu Dhabi, summit & lunch:

Varela inspired by Chanel, it's appropriate but worn a million times:
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/17895103.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0elL7VH0C48LE/610x.jpg.
it's appropriate, this is the most important.....
She is very elegant here despite of she Wore this jacket so many times Abudahbi people, precisely at this event don't care about her recycled clothes...

The outfits during the trip were recycled but decent incl nice shoes when being with the UAE hosts. As soon as it's back to Spanish environment, at the reception, it's back to cheap plateau shoes and Leonor's cardigan.
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/econo...a-respaldar-a-empresas-espanolas-01$599x0.jpg .

the reception with the people in the country abroad is always a caual event ...doesn't need to wear a cocktail dress...i find her simple, elegant,
you can dislike her cardigan of course ...i find it nice on her because she has an amazing body

Holding hands when attending a business meeting :wacko: how very professional.

not unprofessional at least ....they are always like that
they are in an other country, they are together , working together at an event together ...happy to be together and showing it
I guess that when the meeting begin, they probably stop handling hands :lol:
they are not kissing in public, so nothing choking really

the reception with the people in the country abroad is always a caual event ...doesn't need to wear a cocktail dress...i find her simple, elegant,
you can dislike her cardigan of course ...i find it nice on her because she has an amazing body
Ikram, I respect your opinions, but are you sure it was a casual event?
Felipe was wearing a dark suit, not a pair of jeans! The lady behind them was wearing a black dress!

As long as Felipe is wearing a suit and a tie, I cannot consider an event "casual". If it was, he would appear in "smart casual" attire, leaving at least the tie behind, wearing a shirt and jacket.

The reception was clearly "business", not casual, what is reflected in Felipe's outfit (and not in Letizia's outfit).

Ikram, I respect your opinions, but are you sure it was a casual event?
Felipe was wearing a dark suit, not a pair of jeans! The lady behind them was wearing a black dress!
I don't know about this exactly
but in general when state chief, minister or Princes go to reception of the " compatriot residant" in the country visited, is traditionnaly a "friendly" event you know ? not a formal or Official event ...then people invitees wear what they want, this is for people an exceptionnal event seeing Princes so they choose her best gowns but it stay a "casual" detended event
but is no as casual to permit Felipe coming in jean/shirt without ties

As long as Felipe is wearing a suit and a tie, I cannot consider an event "casual". If it was, he would appear in "smart casual" attire, leaving at least the tie behind, wearing a shirt and jacket.

The reception was clearly "business", not casual, what is reflected in Felipe's outfit (and not in Letizia's outfit).
ok as you want she is not wearing cocktail dress or evening dress with tiara please forgive her despite of her casual cardigan and pant she puts make up by the way , is it ok for her :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yesterday´s other outfit:
Profimedia
Profimedia
The cardigan gives colour to this outfit. Quite casual, but I like it.
Today, recycling the Chanel-style jacket and pants:
Daylife
Daylife

The Chanel style outfit is very classy and beautiful.
I don't mind the purple cardigan outfit, but the holding hands for a business meeting is a bit silly.

What's up with the short cardigans? Is this a new trend?

This outfit is very good. I like these small cardigans Letizia wears, the dress is beautiful.
Daylife

I like the outfit too. I think it'd look funny if she chose to wear a normal legnth cardigan. I think Letizia looks smart in this outfit. Very chic and stylish.

One more Felipe Varela dress I guess!

I like this dress! the details on it make me remember one of Mary's Prada dress!
I still like the cardigan but don't like the shoes!

Letizia was beautiful and elegant yesterday!

Thank you turkish delight for the link.
I liked the outfit of the arrival.I even liked the shoes.
The white suit is pretty but I dislike platform shoes.
The outfit worn by Letizia at the reception for the spanish community is awful.I dislike everything in it.It's too casual.
The chanel like suit is ok but I am tired to see it.
I don't like Letizia's way of recycling,she always recycle complete outfit.
I find her grey dress very very pretty.The cardigan is ok but I don't like the shoes.
Some members were critics about she and Felipe holding hands everywhere,I join them on this point.It's ok when it's from to time but not on every occasion even when visiting a mosque(i think)
http://www.diariodenavarra.es/actualidad/20100117/fotos/2010011717290676_640.jpg
It gives her the image of a fragile woman needing her lover's hand.
I also dislike when french president Sarkosy and his wife Carla Bruni do this on official visits :whistling:.I find this so childish

The dress is nice and suits Letizia very well but it would look by far better without the cardigan. I guess she was wearing a coat (it is cold n this period in Madrid), so the cardigan was unnecessary.

The dress is very pretty and elegent, I like all the embroidery on the dress which makes it quite elegent & dressy but the cardigan didnt work well with the look IMO. It seemed to casual in a way or too light of a grey shade for the dark dress. I would have prefered a nice short jacket with the same detailing on the sleeves.

This outfit is very good. I like these small cardigans Letizia wears, the dress is beautiful.
Daylife

very beautiful dress and the small cardigan is a nice piece

Letizia looks radiant. This white suit is gorgeous, and I like the colour of the blouse also.
Diario de Navarra

the suit has a perfect cut

Ambassador's Reception 14th Jan 2010 - a NEW blue dress
closeup
jacket

the skirt and the jacket are beautiful, and match very well together, the skirt is sofisticated and the jacket very simple what make the whole very elegant, but for me the top don't match at all with them. By way her hairs are superbe

pants and blouse are beatiful, not sure about cardigan, in more for me this kind of cardigan are better with dress or skirts than with pants

Yesterday´s other outfit:
Profimedia
Profimedia
The cardigan gives colour to this outfit. Quite casual, but I like it.
Today, recycling the Chanel-style jacket and pants:
Daylife
Daylife

she is perfect with chanel style

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the grey dress, the cardigan is ok, but I think that the dress would look better without it.

It's a pretty outfit, but it all looks a little tiny on her. Which is saying something since she is so tiny herself!

I loved the first outfit. The cardigan is beautiful, and the grey dress with the embroidery on the bottom is really pretty. And her shoes are fabulous too! Great outfit. I didn't care for the skirt in the second picture - to me it looks a little too "poofy" and I don't like the shiny trim on the bottom.

I like this new suit but not with low boots...

I think the shirt is a repeat right??
A new suit from Varela!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom