Princess Irene (1942-), sister of King Constantine

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the date, I would say that Queen Sophia and Princess Irene were at the wedding of Antony Chandris (he belongs to an important family of shipowners) -Theodora Warre (she is a British jeweler), with their family. The wedding was private, in South London, but Princess Theodora shared photos in her account of instagram, in stories.
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GZGDm21T...xh2wk6FwR0i5Ve3u60HOHI3kVgCLcBGAs/s1600/1.PNG

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-B_F64t63...s1600/Fullscreen-capture-9182018-83756-PM.jpg

Last edited:
On December 17 Princess Irene attended a reception hosted by the Cypriot ambassador Koula Sophianou. The event, held at the Hotel Hyatt Regency Hesperia in Madrid, was a belated celebration of Cyprus' Independence Day (October 1):

** Pic ** hola article **

Did she ever have South African citizenship or did she have one of those stateless citizenships?

Accompanied by Queen Sofia Princess Irene received her second vaccination at the El Pardo health centre in Madrid today:

** hola article **

Posts and information about Princess Irene's current visit to Greece with Queen Sofia of Spain can be found here.

Princess Irene accompanied her sister Queen Sofia to the opening ceremony of the academic year of the Escuela Superior de Musica Reina Sofia 2021/2022 in Madrid this evening, October 7:

** gtresnews gallery **

Princess Irene with Queen Sofia visit the exhibition on the Battle of Nafpaktos hosted at the Byzantine and Christian Museum on 26 October

https://i0.wp.com/www.npress.gr/wp-...4-9F79-C505C66846BA.jpeg?resize=768,893&ssl=1

The battle of Nafpaktos is known in Spain with the name of the Battle of Lepanto, a battle against the Muslim empire, in which Spain participated, and in this battle there was a famous ship captain, it was the writer, Miguel de Cervantes, writer of the Quixote. He lost the mobility of one of his hands in this battle, and he was known by the nickname of "the one-armed of Lepanto". This battle was 450 years ago.:cool:

An interesting article on the Princess who always seems to be in the background.

I have had the honor of meeting the Princess several times and she is an amazing woman.
It is generally accepted rumor in South Africa that Irene is the biological child of Jan Smuts. She looks like him and his children and has many of his mannerism, a fact that many people like to point out. Smuts and her mother were also very close. It is however just a rumor. She is named after the area where his house is - the Greek royal family lived with him for a while at Irene and Cape Town.

Well, no offense, but who isn't Frederika supposed to have slept with at this point? (Not to mention he was 70 years old during the war. I just looked at a bunch of pictures of Smuts, even smiling, and I really can't see any resemblance to Irene.) Besides, if Frederika had such ties there, why wouldn't she have gone back to South Africa in exile instead of India?

And I always thought she was named for the messenger of peace due to being born during wartime, like Irene of Hesse-Darmstadt.

The odds of your half-sister's granddaughter resembling you also can't be increased from the odds of your full sister's granddaughter, which would already seem small, and yet Infanta Sofia has a very striking similarity to her. So whatever the exact nature, Irene has a pretty strong tie to her family.

Last edited:
Well, no offense, but who isn't Frederika supposed to have slept with at this point? (Not to mention he was 70 years old during the war. I just looked at a bunch of pictures of Smuts, even smiling, and I really can't see any resemblance to Irene.) Besides, if Frederika had such ties there, why wouldn't she have gone back to South Africa in exile instead of India?

And I always thought she was named for the messenger of peace due to being born during wartime, like Irene of Hesse-Darmstadt.

The odds of your half-sister's granddaughter resembling you also can't be increased from the odds of your full sister's granddaughter, which would already seem small, and yet Infanta Sofia has a very striking similarity to her. So whatever the exact nature, Irene has a pretty strong tie to her family.

And princess Irene of the Netherlands as well who was born only weeks before Germany's invasion in Poland.

Forgive me,Prinsara, but I don't think that in South Africa they even know who is Queen Federika , and much less Princess Irene ... Mr. Smut and his wife were two people highly appreciated by the Greek royal family. Smut went to the Queen Sophia and to King Constantine as a grandfather (he was an older man), he is even the godfather of Princess Irene.

In times of war, in the past, the tradition was to put the name Irene on women, because it means peace.

Princess Irene is identical to her father King Pavlos.
That "garbage", I would say that I had read it in a blog of a Greek of communist ideology, for his clear defense and admiration of the Greek communist guerrilla leaders, in his blog. Into it , there was a space dedicated to Queen Federika doing a personal autobiography, where he accused Queen Federika of all the evils in the world...

Queen Frederika would have her defects, and her virtues, but that Greece is a Republic, whose pillars are based on the insult to its monarchical past and those who were part of that period, it can be said any rubbish of Queen Frederika, talk about her social work and its importance and relevance to prevent Greece would be like Nicolae Ceaușescu's Romania, it is forbidden. ...That some Greeks, who surely do not exceed 30 years, write these garbage, does not mean that there is a right for foreigners to copy these Greeks as well. I want to say that the Greek who writes these things is an idiot, but the South African who copies what this Greek writes is even more idiotic.
Queen Frederika would have her flaws, but she was not a prostitute, she was a good wife and a good mother, and those who knew her can confirm it.

I'm afraid you're addressing the wrong person, because I was already highly skeptical of the South African gossip and in fact mentioned the same thing about the name Irene.

Frederika "at this point" is not a serious tone, and does not mean she actually did. There is also gossip about her having a relationship with CIA Director Dulles, either when she was a widow or still married... Unfortunately, it's hard to know what to believe about Frederika. She is a divisive character, likely something of a scapegoat, likely brought some of it on herself, and no one seems to have managed to tell the entire story yet, let alone rehabilitate her.

But this is Irene's thread, not her mother's.

It's also interesting that the blog post on Irene mentions basically everyone that she's been romantically linked to; she's had several relationships, some with married partners, most likely, and has just been incredibly discreet about it all, not wanting to cause trouble. And I wouldn't make any negative comments about Irene. It's her life and she's a sensible person.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom