Princess Alexandra, Current Events 3: April 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PrincessDianafan said:
Do you think she's being phased out of the Royal Household now that she's no longer a part of the family? Do you think she will remarry. After years of being referred to as HRH to be downgraded to HH, must seem somewhat humiliating and it would be even more so if she would be downgraded to HE. I think she would be used to being treated as a Princess and it would be a massive Alexandra she wouldn't become known as Mrs so and so after remarriage and that was nice of Her Majesty.
I think she is still part of the family considered that she is a mother of the queen's two grandsons but she won't involve in family's events as much as when she was still Joachim's wife. I would like to see that she will remarry one day, she deserves to have happiness by finding another love in her life. I really don't think the downgraded of her status is considered as something humiliating. I think she is lucky that she still styles as HH and keeps her princess title and even will styles as Her Excellency Countess of Fredericksburg if she decides to remarry one day:flowers: , when other divorced princess doesn't get what she has (I heard that Diana princess of Wales got striped all the title after being divorced even though people still refers her as "Diana, princess of Wales" correct me if I'm wrong). Yes, It seems that Alexandra wouldn't be just Mrs. somebody if one day she decides to remarry, she will styled as Her Excellency Countess Fredericksburg:).

I know very little of this royal couple and their children. What was quoted as the reason why the Joachim and Alexandra isn't married anymore and when did this happen? Who has custody of the children, and where does their mother live? Is she Asian?:huh:

HRH Kimetha said:
I know very little of this royal couple and their children. What was quoted as the reason why the Joachim and Alexandra isn't married anymore and when did this happen? Who has custody of the children, and where does their mother live? Is she Asian?:huh:

Please read through the following thread where I'm sure you will find most of the answers regarding Joachim's and Alexandra's divorce. This thread is not the place to rehash these events since it is a current events thread.

Princess Alexandra was born in Hong Kong, the daughter of Richard Nigel Manley and Christa Maria Manley. She became a Danish citizen upon her marriage to Prince Joachim. She resides in Denmark with her two sons, Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix.

HRH Kimetha said:
I know very little of this royal couple and their children. What was quoted as the reason why the Joachim and Alexandra isn't married anymore and when did this happen?
You can read up the reason & the news surrounding their divorce here :
Divorce for Joachim & Alexandra
Who has custody of the children, and where does their mother live? Is she Asian?:huh:
They both share the custody of Prince Nikolai & Prince Felix, and are now in very good terms. They take turn taking care of the little Princes, but the boys are living with Princess Alexandra at her home in Svanemøllevej in Hellerup (which you can read here). Yes, Princess Alexandra is partly Asian, her father is half British & half Chinese. The Princess also spent some of her childhood in Hongkong.

Thanks for filling me in and directing me to where I can get additional information.:)

purple_platinum said:
You can read up the reason & the news surrounding their divorce here :
Divorce for Joachim & Alexandra

They both share the custody of Prince Nikolai & Prince Felix, and are now in very good terms. They take turn taking care of the little Princes, but the boys are living with Princess Alexandra at her home in Svanemøllevej in Hellerup (which you can read here). Yes, Princess Alexandra is partly Asian, her father is half British & half Chinese. The Princess also spent some of her childhood in Hongkong.

I believe she was born and raised in Hong Kong.

hallo everyone,
i found an article in B.T. which has to do with P.Alexandra. it says something about queen magrethe and martin's (alexandra's boyfriend) father doesn't it?
can someone give a brief summery?
thank you!

agapi said:
hallo everyone,
i found an article in B.T. which has to do with P.Alexandra. it says something about queen magrethe and martin's (alexandra's boyfriend) father doesn't it?
can someone give a brief summery?
thank you!
If you mean this article, it says that Martin's father's company, JJ Film, has just received money (25,000 DK, as one out of 52 causes that have been awarded money) from Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik's fund, and that this should be taken as a sign that they approve of Martin (which doesn't have anything to do with it really)...

The money from the fund will be used to finish a portrait film about Hans Edward Nørregård-Nielsen.

Last edited:
thank you very much for the summery.i had understand something but you made it clear. however i believe that the queen doesn't seem to disapprove the relation between martin and alexandra or at least she doesn't want to give that impression

Greetings!

I know this probably has nothing to do here, but very quickly: Princess Alexandra will remain with the title Princess as long as she does not re-marry, right? If she re-marries, then she loses that title and is only allowed the title of Countess.
Here is my question: If Joachim re-marries, what will be the title of his new wife? Princess? And if it is to be Princess, wouldn't it be awkward for Alexandra to still be titled Princess (if at the time of this happening she has not re-married and lost Princess title) while Joachim's new wife is also given that title???

:flowers:

RachelD said:
Greetings!

I know this probably has nothing to do here, but very quickly: Princess Alexandra will remain with the title Princess as long as she does not re-marry, right? If she re-marries, then she loses that title and is only allowed the title of Countess.
Here is my question: If Joachim re-marries, what will be the title of his new wife? Princess? And if it is to be Princess, wouldn't it be awkward for Alexandra to still be titled Princess (if at the time of this happening she has not re-married and lost Princess title) while Joachim's new wife is also given that title???

:flowers:

If Joachim ever re-marries, I'm pretty sure his second wife will receive the title HRH Princess Joachim of Denmark (I don't know if she'll be made a Princess in her own right, probably not but you never know). It wouldn't be awkward because Alexandra has a completely different title. She is HH Princess Alexandra of Denmark, Countress of Frederiksborg.

Last edited:
Princesse Alexandra at ECCO
COPENHAGEN - Princess Alexandra will head the procession of walkers- this year accompanied by the two little prince Nicolai (7) and Felix (4). At sunday in Copenhagen . ECCO Walkathon is about donating money with your feet and gathering impressions with your eyes. Danes were given the opportunity for the first time in 1999, when the first ECCO Walkathon was held in Copenhagen. Since then the event has gone from strength to strength, spreading across most of the world. But the principle has remained the same. For each kilometre you cover as a participant, ECCO donates DKK 5 to the Danish Heart Association, UNICEF or WWF.
POLFOTO

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/

More pictures from Polfoto

Wow..Prince Nikolai is growing up soo quick!..he seems pretty adorable:wub:

More pictures from today
Polfoto

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for these pictures! Alexandra looks terrific! It's always so good to see her, and she looks fab in jeans, too. And yes, her boys are growing up, Nicolai's already so tall...looks a lot like his handsome father. Just love this family!! :)

I just adore Nikolai because he's so expressive. I look forward to him and Felix growing up. :flowers:

Nikolai & Felix are so cute. I think they will be heartbreakers one day. Is Alexandra's hair red in some of those pictures? Or is that a reflection off of something?

TheQueen said:
Nikolai & Felix are so cute. I think they will be heartbreakers one day. Is Alexandra's hair red in some of those pictures? Or is that a reflection off of something?
I noticed the red hair too. It looks like more than just highlights, or a bad high light job. Also it looks like just the exterior hair is read, the layers underneath look like Alexandra's natural colour.

It's been a long time since we've seen her. It's great to see her again.

we finally get to see Princess Alexandra carrying out her duties...just miss her so much.....Nikolai is very expressive while Felix seems to be a little bit shy....but both really really cute and handsome!

Nice to see Princess Alexandra again after a while we did not have any news/picture of her. Alex looks younger and fresh with her slightly wet and messy hair (I think it is because of raining and wind):). Her kids really grow-up.

Thank you for sharing your lovely photos with us Madeline, you have done a great job:flowers:.

It's great seeing Princess Alexandra again after a long period of time.She looks relaxing, with nice hairstyle as well.I'm happy that she found her happinesses.

Lovely to see Pss Alexandra again. Indeed she looks very refresh and beautiful as ever.

yes I agree its so nice to see Princess Alexandra again,she looks well.Lets hope we see more of her soon.!

Thank you soCal girl!

Wow!
The boys are growing up!! They aren't babies anymore....they are now little boys and so cute too! Alexandra looks very nice, does she never age? I think she's going to be forever young! She's just as beautiful as always.

I heard Nikolai was also included in a lil mini interview Alexandra gave. anyone hear about that or heard it by any chance? Awesome photos you guys!

Where can I find the interview on internet ??

I am really very happy to see new pictures of Princess Alexandra..
It has been a while now since she performed her duties in public and we got to see photos of it.. She looked great on those two attires..I love it when she does things especially with her two cute boys!!

I hope we could see more pictures sooner!

Gerda Prisen til Anni og Laila Kanafani
21-08-2006 Prinsesse Alexandra overrækker Gerda Prisen til Anni Kanafani og hendes datter Laila Kanafani (t.h.), som mandag modtog prisen for deres arbejde med at drive børnehave efter kunstpædagogiske principper i de palæstinensiske flygtningelejre i Libanon, også under krigen i sommer. Formålet med Gerda Prisen er at fremme nytænkning og engagement indenfor daginstitutions- og socialpædagogik. (Jens Panduro/POLFOTO)

Translation will be highly appreciated:flowers:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/ http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/ http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom