Prince Philippe's 50th birthday party

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stephanievl

Heir Apparent
City
n/a
Country
Belgium
Prince Philippe will host his birthday party today at Laeken Palace with more then 200 guests under who several princess and princesses. According to the newspaper Willem-Alexander and Maxima, Victoria and Daniel, Felipe and Letitea, Frederik, Haakon will be present this evening.

Link to the article (in dutch)

No Princess Mary or Mette-Marit?
I'm glad all the royals can now travel to celebrate the birthday. :)

I hope that we will have some photos from this event.

Was this something unknown to the public until today? I hadn't heard anything! Is it going to be a formal event?

No Princess Mary or Mette-Marit?
I'm glad all the royals can now travel to celebrate the birthday. :)

According to the belgian press the crownprince and crownprincess of Norway will be present (Haakon is a great-cousin of Philippe).
Princess Mary is not mentioned so I suppose she will not be present.

No photos as of yet, the event happened this evening correct?

Indeed, but the event was considered a private one. And although it is a shame for us, I think it is wisest to do these things behind closed doors. Only in Scandinavia it seems the general public doesn't mind a display of royal glitter etc. at parties, but I can only imagine the amount of vitriolic comments if such a party would be a hot item in the Flemish news for example.

They are wise to do it this way, even though for us, its disappointing. I still can remember some vitriolic comments because of Queen Margret´s birthday.

Yes but such a pity for us ! For me it is a very special treat to see all the Royals enjoying themselves together....I treasure this kind of pix !

I have seen following royals in a movie clip
Prince Willem Alexander and Maxima
Prince Constantijn and prince Lorenz
Prince Frederik and princess Mary
Prince Haakon and princess Mette Marit
Princess Victoria and Daniel
Prince Felipe and princess Letitia
Princess Cristina and Inaki
Guillaume and Sibilla of Luxemburg
Henri and Maria-Teresa of Luxemburg

Some screenshots
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/Iemand-Someone/Cristina.png
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/Iemand-Someone/FelipeLetizia.png
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/Iemand-Someone/FrederikMary.png
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/Iemand-Someone/W-AMxima.png

Last edited:
Indeed, but the event was considered a private one. And although it is a shame for us, I think it is wisest to do these things behind closed doors. Only in Scandinavia it seems the general public doesn't mind a display of royal glitter etc. at parties, but I can only imagine the amount of vitriolic comments if such a party would be a hot item in the Flemish news for example.

Well, but isn´t it more honest to do it openly in public instead of behind "closed doors"?
I like the "scandinavian way" much more because the monarchy wants to give the people the opportunity to take part and to be able to say "happy birthday" to its top heads!

Thanks for the video and photos!
It is nice that most of European Crown Princely couples attended the private party. For once Crown Princess Maxima looked impeccably glamorous. I wish we could see Crown Princess Mathilde's gala dress.

Thank you for posting the video:) It is disappointing not seeing at least a group photo of all the royals as they did some years ago for another royal celebration. I would have loved to have seen Pr Mathilde in her evening gown

unfortunately I cannot view the video...any chance for some more screen caps? Thanks...

It's weird there's a video but none pics!

No information , no pictures of this event on french newspapers and television
Stephanievl and in yours ? The pictures seen are due to the dutch and their Crown Princess. Can you imagine Saturday in Laeken , this party , the glashouses and the King receiving the politicians..

No information , no pictures of this event on french newspapers and television
Stephanievl and in yours ? The pictures seen are due to the dutch and their Crown Princess. Can you imagine Saturday in Laeken , this party , the glashouses and the King receiving the politicians..
The pictures are not due to the Dutch, they are from VTM, a flemish broadcaster and HLN is a flemish newspaper as well, Maria-Olivia. ;-) It was an item in VTM news on sunday and also part of their royalty magazine yesterday. The party was also mentioned in several flemish newspapers (Het Belang van Limburg, Het Nieuwsblad, Het Laatste Nieuws,...). VTM also got to know that the party was a birthday present of Albert and Paola to their eldest son. As you can see in the clip Albert had finished his consultations and arrived at Laeken castle in good mood.

On another note: I wonder if the Dutch RVD will complain to VTM for filming Maxima at Natan. They don´t seem to be too impressed by the media code and actually made some very critical reports about it.

I hope they will release some pictures. It's disappointing to not be able to see the pictures although both Mary and Letizia recycled their gowns. I would love to see the gown worn by Mathilde. Maxima looked very elegant, far cry from the outfit disaster in Denmark last week.

I would love to see a closeup, or at least a better picture of, Cristina's beautiful suite of ruby jewelry. I know I've seen her wear the earrings before to a Danish royal event but I don't recall ever seeing the necklace.

It was a private birthday party, and Philippe has the right to keep such a big party away from the press. Some big pictures, group ones would've been nice, but it's the royals choice.
I don't like the dress Mary has recycled, from the looks of it Letizia wears my favourite dress.

Isn't this the first that we see Mary and Letizia in the same event since Charle's b.day? and before that Mary's wedding??

There was P. WA's birthday, although I don't know if Mary attended that party.

Isn't this the first that we see Mary and Letizia in the same event since Charle's b.day? and before that Mary's wedding??

No... They also were together in Willem's birthday party...I think

There was P. WA's birthday, although I don't know if Mary attended that party.

Neither Prince Frederik nor Princess Mary attended Prince Wilhem-Alexanders 40th.
I believe this is the first event since Charles' birthday. Before that i'm not so sure.

^^
P. Letizia attended the wedding anniversary of the GDs of Luxembourg, did Mary attend?

Back
Top Bottom