Prince Nikolaus (1947- ), Princess Margaretha (1957- ) and Family: October 2004-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to www.noblesseetroyautes.com Prince Josef Emmanuel (born May 1989) will marry Claudia Echavarria (born July 1988) civilly on March 25th in Cartagena (Colombia).
His sisters Maria Annunziata and Marie Astrid married last year.

I didn' t read it but I suppose because it' s a Friday.

I didn' t read it but I suppose because it' s a Friday.

In South America, chique weddings on Friday are mostly religious weddings.
The religious Hannover/Osma wedding was in Lima (Peru) on March 16th 2018, a Friday.
My son in law from Argentina told me that the most expensive religious weddings are mostly on Fridays.
Here in Europe they are mostly on Saturdays

Last edited:
According to Noblesse & Royautés Prince Josef Emmanuel (born May 1989) will marry Claudia Echavarria (born July 1988) civilly on March 25th in Cartagena (Colombia).
His sisters Maria Annunziata and Marie Astrid married last year.

That's good news. Where can I read information about the bride?

Not sure about the wedding gown, it's unusual for a Royal bride to say the least.

Like Tatiana Santo Domingo she is from a prominent and wealthy Colombian family.

I wonder why the bride didn't wear a tiara?

Princess Marie-Astrid, Mrs. Worthington looks pregnant IMO in the family photo at her brother's wedding.

Princess Marie-Astrid, Mrs. Worthington looks pregnant IMO in the family photo at her brother's wedding.

Is that the name which she uses? The practice of the Princely House is to use the husband's name and style of, in this case, HSH Astrid Worthington. However, some princesses choose to continue using their own names or titles or a combination of the names, but the normal manner of combining title and married name would be HSH Astrid Worthington, Princess von und zu Liechtenstein.

Note how the Liechtenstein government goes about naming Maria Pia, a princess who serves as an ambassador:

https://www.llv.li/inhalt/114772/amtsstellen/wien

Wien

Botschafterin

I.D. Maria-Pia Kothbauer Prinzessin von und zu Liechtenstein,

als nicht residierende Botschafterin für die Tschechische Republik akkreditiert​

See this existing thread for more information about this wedding.

Thanks! This wedding article shared by Blog Real indicates that Josef works as an architect, Claudia continues working as a promoter of Colombian fashion, and the couple have been living in London for some years. I wonder if they will remain there permanently or move back home to one of their native countries.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...nuel-claudia-liechtenstein-invitados_3398330/

Last edited:
I liked the wedding as it showcased the bride's proud Colombian heritage.

It was no doubt very fun wedding

On July 1st 2022 the couple welcomed their first child, a daughter Althaea Georgina.

Source: Sekretariat SD des Fürsten von Liechtenstein

Is that the name which she uses? The practice of the Princely House is to use the husband's name and style of, in this case, HSH Astrid Worthington. However, some princesses choose to continue using their own names or titles or a combination of the names, but the normal manner of combining title and married name would be HSH Astrid Worthington, Princess von und zu Liechtenstein.

Note how the Liechtenstein government goes about naming Maria Pia, a princess who serves as an ambassador:

https://www.llv.li/inhalt/114772/amtsstellen/wien

Wien

Botschafterin

I.D. Maria-Pia Kothbauer Prinzessin von und zu Liechtenstein,

als nicht residierende Botschafterin für die Tschechische Republik akkreditiert​

Thanks! This wedding article shared by Blog Real indicates that Josef works as an architect, Claudia continues working as a promoter of Colombian fashion, and the couple have been living in London for some years. I wonder if they will remain there permanently or move back home to one of their native countries.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...nuel-claudia-liechtenstein-invitados_3398330/
They will probably stay in London IMO. In any case, Maria Claudia is from a wealthy family so it could go either way.

Not sure about the wedding gown, it's unusual for a Royal bride to say the least.

Like Tatiana Santo Domingo she is from a prominent and wealthy Colombian family.

I wonder why the bride didn't wear a tiara?
She too is also from a high society old money family and I think they know each other and have mutual friends. I think that she chose not wear a tiara.

A prince to be called Leo. Perhaps Leopold?

Or just Leo, like the youngest son of Tony Blair.
I think it’s in memory of his older brother who passed months after he was born. But anything is possible.

I looked up each of the reigning Princes of Liechtenstein. No Prince had Leopold among his names.
Is Leopold from an ancestress's relative?

I looked up each of the reigning Princes of Liechtenstein. No Prince had Leopold among his names.

Is Leopold from an ancestress's relative?
The boy's great-great-grandfather was King Leopold III of the Belgians.

And also Nikolaus and Margaretha's eldest son, who died soon after birth, was named Léopold.

Back
Top Bottom