Prince Nikolaus (1947- ), Princess Margaretha (1957- ) and Family: October 2004-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Warren. The two girls seem to be very pretty. They don't seem to be media darlings though by the lack of pictures to me. Is it because the Royal Family controls much of the press in Liechtenstein?

Another question (sorry!)...do the two princesses have HRH or HH titles? Or are they merely Princesses?

Last edited by a moderator:
soCal girl said:
Another question (sorry!)...do the two princesses have HRH or HH titles? Or are they merely Princesses?
All Princes and Princesses of Liechtenstein are Serene Highnesses (HSH) unless they were born with a higher style, eg HRH Hereditary Princess Sophie, neé Bavaria.

There is not much coverage of the Liechtensteins in the media because they are an extremely private and low-key family.

Prins Nikolaus en prinses Margaretha

Nikolaus Ferdinand Maria Josef Raphael, Prins van Liechtenstein
Geboren: Zürich 24 Oct 1947, Nikolaus is de ambassadeur van het vorstendom in België en de EU.

Margaretha Antonia Marie Félicité, Prinses van Luxemburg
Geboren: Kasteel Betzdorf 15 May 1957, Margaretha is de dochter van Groothertog Jean en wijlen Groothertogin Josephine-Charlotte van Luxemburg. Ze is de tweelingzus van Jean.

Getrouwd in Luxemburg: 20 Mar 1982, Nicolaus en Margaretha wonen in Brussel.

Maria Anunciata Astrid Joséphine Veronica
Geboren: Brussels-Uccle 12 May 1985

Marie-Astrid Nora Margarita Veronica
Geboren: Brussels-Uccle 26 Jun 1987

Josef-Emanuel Leopold Marie
Geboren: Brussels-Uccle 7 May 1989

Bijzonderheid: Leopold Emmanuel
Geboren en overleden: Brussels 20 May 1984

==================================

Prince Nikolaus and princess Margaretha

Nikolaus Ferdinand Maria Josef Raphael, Prince of Liechtenstein
Born: Zürich 24 Oct 1947, Nikolaus is the Ambassador of the principality in Belgium and the EU.

Margaretha Antonia Marie Félicité, Princess of Luxemburg
born: Castle Betzdorf 15 May 1957, Margaretha is the daughter of grandduke Jean and the late grandduchess Josephine-Charlotte of Luxembourg. She is the twinsister of Jean.

Married in Luxemburg: 20 Mar 1982, Nicolaus and Margaretha live in Brussel.

Maria Anunciata Astrid Joséphine Veronica
Born: Brussels-Uccle 12 May 1985

Marie-Astrid Nora Margarita Veronica
Born: Brussels-Uccle 26 Jun 1987

Josef-Emanuel Leopold Marie
Born: Brussels-Uccle 7 May 1989

Detail: Leopold Emmanuel
Born and past away: Brussels 20 May 1984

Last edited:
drimal said:
6. Prince Nikolaus von und zu Liechtenstein

Thas is just a hilarious picture, so 1980s. Margarethe is so beautiful, and the girls are just stunning, but for some reason I find Nicholas a wee bit scary :p This is off-topic, but the Liechtenstein RF is quite large and I think a cousin of Nicholas is married to a woman from a smalltown near my own here in Finland.

Some pics from Silver Wedding celebration:

Source: seegerpress

pre-SEEGER00163035.jpg

pre-SEEGER00163066.jpg

pre-SEEGER00163067.jpg

2pre-SEEGER00163037.jpg

Last edited:
Which one's Marie-Astrid and which one's Maria-Annunciata? They're both really pretty.

LaPlusBelle said:
Which one's Marie-Astrid and which one's Maria-Annunciata? They're both really pretty.

Maria Annunciata is in the black dress, and Marie Astrid is in the peach/pink dress.
This whole family is so gorgeous!

we see not very often pictures of the princess and her family so this is
beautiful and they are nice young ladys !!!!

I agree with you all. Girls are simply lovely and their mother too... It's a pity, we have so small informations about them. They are simply very private.

I wish we could see more pictures of Liechteinstein family. The only time I was able to see all Alois and Sophie's children was National Day last year. Their pics were posted in the thread about Alois' family. Their kids were really adorable.:)
Also P Nicolaus children look very nice. Especially Josef Emanuel. He looks sort of like William. I wonder how old is prince Nikolaus. He looks like he has white hair.

Wow his children is big now and elegant dress come to his uncle Henri and his wife Maria Teresa Silver Wedding anniversary!!!!

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
What exactly does von und zu mean?

'Von und zu' is german for 'of and to'. Princess XXXX von und zu XXXX = Princess XXXX of and to XXXX.

It's quite rare that a royal person have the right to both styles - in Denmark the princes and princesses of the blood (those born in the royal family) are styled 'til Danmark' = 'to Denmark', while the princes and princesses by marriage are styled 'af Danmark' = 'of Denmark'... This is also a way to see whom in the royal family are heris to the dansih throne...

When Caroline of Hannover calls herself 'de' it's simply because it's the frensh way of sayng 'of'. She is princess OF Hannover...

:flowers:

Pictures from National Day of Liechtenstein on 15th august 2006

Princess Margaretha, Prince Nikolaus and their children Maria Anunciata, Marie Astrid and Josef-Emanuel

pre-SEEGER00164903.jpg

pre-SEEGER00164917.jpg

pre-SEEGER00164918.jpg

pre-SEEGER00164927.jpg

pre-SEEGER00164958.jpg

Source: seegerpress

Princess Margaretha and Prince Nikolaus celebrate their Silver Wedding anniversary today.
:)

Princess Margaretha and Prince Nicolaus gave a short interview to VTM's 'Royalty'. Follow this link and click on the link under 25 maart 2007 which is called 'bekijk deel 2'. The interview starts after 12.33 minutes.

In the interview they talk about their son Leopold, about the close relationship between Margaretha and Baudouin & Fabiola and about their marriage. Nicolaus remarked that these 25 years were a present.

According to the presenter the couple will celebrate their silver wedding twice. Once in Vienna for his family and once in Brussels for her family.

-
The link was originally provided by EricvdV on the Benelux Royals MB.

Last edited:
When exactly are the 2 parties? Probably one is this weekend. I wonder why the two families don't come together for one celebration.

Erik VdV says (on the Benelux Royals MB) the cause of death of little Leopold Emanuel is:

"He was born prematurely and suffered from brain system defience (hope this is the exact word in English)."

I hope he (or someone else) can explain this (maybe in Dutch), because I don't understand it. It's something with his brain, but I don't know what...

Thanks in advance!

"Brain system deficiency" might mean anencephaly [which is not common, but is a leading cause of death in newborns due to brain dysfunction].
That would be my guess anyway. How sad.

Did any pics ever turn up from their Silver wedding anniversary ball?

Wasnt this picture from Point de Vue? The girl next to her is Princess Alix de Ligne. I believe they attended a (wedding?) party at Chateau Belouil.

Wasnt this picture from Point de Vue? The girl next to her is Princess Alix de Ligne. I believe they attended a (wedding?) party at Chateau Belouil.

Yes, the girl on the right is Princess Alix de Ligne. As for the occasion, I've no idea... I just saw this photo in another forum, says which that it was taken in July, 2007.:rolleyes:

maria annunciata is just gorgeous...does anyone has recent photos of her...i don't know much about her...is she still studying? or does she work?

Nikolaus,Margaretha and their children had a ball in Vienna that lasted a whole w-e.I think it was for their children because it was mostly young people.I saw some pictures in a website just like manueldias.com but it was his it was in german I think.i've been going crazy looking for it.but there was a brunch and at night the ball at the Liechtenstein Museum.If i find anything i'll post a link

maria annunciata is just gorgeous...does anyone has recent photos of her...i don't know much about her...is she still studying? or does she work?

The lovely Maria-Annunciata is the best kept secret of the Princely family. She is indeed extremely pretty. I remember seeing pictures of her as a baby on visits to her relatives the Belgian Royal family, being bounced on the knees of Queen Fabiola. She was just adorable.

My guess is that she is kept from the media and leads a very private life, and that is the way her family intends to keep it.

I read a few posts above that Philip Niarchos would like her for his wild party boy son Stavros(on and off again boyfriend of Paris Hilton). That made me laugh...Stavros wouldn't have a chance with that girl for so many reasons!

Here are some pictures of Maria-Annunciata and her cousin Prince Félix of Luxembourg from their cousin Marie-Christine's wedding in Dec 2008.

Pic 1
Pic 2

Back
Top Bottom