Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to Divorce: January 18, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmmmmm very interesting.

LaRae

Last edited:
I don't see any implication about the Luxes....

LaRae

Not only is it confusing, but it's pretentious, what with "Her" being capitalized every other sentence. The bottom line seems to be that she didn't get all (any?) of what she wanted, and She is Not Happy.

Pretentious indeed. We know she lost her marbles a while ago but things do not seem to improve.

Since she does not have a solicitor we can assume she wrote this statement herself? In the third person.

'Nobody has to go through this' says 'HRH Princess Tessy'. Such a narcissistic poor-me remark is rather comical though not surprising.

She claims she would be 'grateful for privacy', which is refreshing indeed. Let's hope she will grant her husband and his family the same & that she will stop babbling to the Daily Mail.

I am not sure why she released this statement other than to feed her narcissism.

Last edited:
And she drags her sons, which are also Louis' sons, to this statement when she writes in the end "She and her sons wish you all a wonderful Christmas..."
She wished a Happy Christmas by her and her sons at her Instagram already on 3rd December. She didn't have to put her sons to this statement, she makes it look like her sons are totally at her side against their father.

It always amuses me to no end that people who make tons of statements about their private life and post their every step on instagram for the world to see ask to be left alone by the press.
Clearly something is not right with Tessy, for quite some time now.

Oh Tessy! I had such high hopes for her...while in her marriage she displayed a level of maturity and an understanding of her role in the Lux royal family. It's like she has totally forgotten that in her divorce.

Her statement is confusing.

Very confusing as I thought the settlement details (released in a previous post) specifically stated that her income was 75,000 pounds per year as per Tessy herself. And that the house was to be hers and her sons until the youngest got his first University degree. So, not sure where her facts are coming from.

Very confusing as I thought the settlement details (released in a previous post) specifically stated that her income was 75,000 pounds per year as per Tessy herself. And that the house was to be hers and her sons until the youngest got his first University degree. So, not sure where her facts are coming from.

Perhaps her facts are accurate and the media was not.

LaRae

LaRae

She is free to share exactly what she thinks the facts are. So far, she didn't but she mainly seems to be interpreting things in the most negative light. If she gave up her job and currently has no income that would be because of her own doing. Limited reason to require a larger handout from her in-laws.

And her statement that she and her sons could be homeless within 6 months is absurd and another way of unnecessarily dragging the 'TRH princes' (as per Tessy) into the mix. She knows fully well that the boys' father and grandparents would make sure that would never happen. They take good care of them. They receive an excellent education and live in a really nice home in a good neighbourhoof. Not something a 'mother' needs to be worried about.

LaRae

The facts Lori138 cited are stated in the court's ruling. The figure of 75.000 pounds per year was given in court by Princess Tessy herself.

HRH Louis Prince of Luxembourg v HRH Tessy Princess of Luxembourg & Anor (Application for Financial Remedy) [2018] EWFC 77 (04 December 2018)

I was fortunate to marry into a wealthy family some years ago. Not as wealthy as the Lux family, of course, but substantial. And there were divorces among my husband’s siblings. And regardless of the reasons or the faults, there was zero chance that a divorced spouse would be forced to live a shabby lifestyle in a seedy house.

My parents in law would have never allowed it. They didn’t want members of their family- even former members- to live in near poverty.

I can’t imagine that Louis’s grand family wouldn’t feel the same way.

(And £75000, while a considerable amount, will not, after taxes and housing expenses, represent a luxurious life.)

Last edited:
She is free to share exactly what she thinks the facts are. So far, she didn't but she mainly seems to be interpreting things in the most negative light. If she gave up her job and currently has no income that would be because of her own doing. Limited reason to require a larger handout from her in-laws.

And her statement that she and her sons could be homeless within 6 months is absurd and another way of unnecessarily dragging the 'TRH princes' (as per Tessy) into the mix. She knows fully well that the boys' father and grandparents would make sure that would never happen. They take good care of them. They receive an excellent education and live in a really nice home in a good neighbourhoof. Not something a 'mother' needs to be worried about.
This. There's a good chance her part of the story is actually more accurate and the outcome was unfair to her, but the homeless bit made me roll my eyes. She's trying to evoke pity. There's no chance the Grand Ducal Family would ever let that happen.

Oh Tessy! I had such high hopes for her...while in her marriage she displayed a level of maturity and an understanding of her role in the Lux royal family. It's like she has totally forgotten that in her divorce.

I feel the exact same. It's like the divorce has made Tessy rip off her mask and reveal her true self.

Ermmm... guess this means the divorce won't be finalized anytime soon.

I may not like or agree with her sponsorships with Little Black Dress, chocolate, etc. but I understand why Tessy's making these deals. These partnerships might have been extra money before she quit her job but now (or soon?) she'll be jobless with debts. Why did she quit Vice Media??? And how long does it take to leave a job? The Little Black Dress post still refers to her as director at Vice Media whereas the judgement states she gave notice in late August.

I hope she considers accepting Louis/GDF's offer of a new home until the youngest finishes university. Rent free, utilities, and maintenance paid... that's a huge burden off anyone's shoulders. Much of her future salary can be invested or spent elsewhere instead of mortgage/taxes/housing/etc.

It's quite sad her good relationship with the GDF is probably done. Tessy and MT had much in common and she seemed close with Alexandra too. For now, I doubt the family will be as friendly with Tessy as they seem to be with Prince Jean's ex-wife Hélène Vestur.

Is Tessy able to live in the same house in which she and her boys now live?
If she moves, will they be able to live in the same familiar neighbourhood?
I'm not clear on the ruling.
I hope she finds more work.

Ermmm... guess this means the divorce won't be finalized anytime soon.

I may not like or agree with her sponsorships with Little Black Dress, chocolate, etc. but I understand why Tessy's making these deals. These partnerships might have been extra money before she quit her job but now (or soon?) she'll be jobless with debts. Why did she quit Vice Media??? And how long does it take to leave a job? The Little Black Dress post still refers to her as director at Vice Media whereas the judgement states she gave notice in late August.

According to Tessy's Linkedin, she still works for Vice Media.
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/tessyd

Is Tessy able to live in the same house in which she and her boys now live?
If she moves, will they be able to live in the same familiar neighbourhood?
I'm not clear on the ruling.
I hope she finds more work.
My understanding is the ADB/GDF can ask Tessy to vacate the current home at anytime. They just have to give her 6 months notice. They have not yet asked her to move but since they offered to buy a new home, it's a strong indication they want her and the boys to move.
According to Tessy's Linkedin, she still works for Vice Media.
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/tessyd
True but many people do not keep their LinkedIn profiles up to date.

Tessy is lashing out at the royal family and the world right now and sinking in her misery. For the sake of her children and family, I really hope someone can get through to her and help her now. Her emotions are all over the place and damaging her and the children and her future......so much pain and misery behind that smile of hers.........so sad! I don't think she is capable at the moment of even working in a job or making decisions for herself....where is her family, her parents and siblings?

My understanding is the ADB/GDF can ask Tessy to vacate the current home at anytime. They just have to give her 6 months notice. They have not yet asked her to move but since they offered to buy a new home, it's a strong indication they want her and the boys to move.

True but many people do not keep their LinkedIn profiles up to date.

According to Tessy's website, she works still for Vice Media. Maybe she quits in the end of the year.
As a day job, Tessy holds the position as Director of VICE Impact and Special Projects for the whole EMEA (MENA) regions. VICE is a global media company that reaches around 73 million young people a month.
About _ Tessy de Nassau

Last edited:
6moths notice is pretty generous and they have to provide her with another property if they kick out of this one right? To me it just seems common sense to give some sort of notice period rather than tying themselves into a 12 year long agreement.

6moths notice is pretty generous and they have to provide her with another property if they kick out of this one right? To me it just seems common sense to give some sort of notice period rather than tying themselves into a 12 year long agreement.

I agree. A lot can change in 12 years, and 6 months notice is extremely generous and reasonable. I wonder if she was hoping to have a property bought for and deeded to her? I can't remember if that was one of her requests.

I54. The wife's position evolved somewhat subsequent to her open offer and appeared to vacillate somewhat during the hearing. In particular, in a Position Statement dated 11 October 2018, the wife sought a property transfer order with respect to the former matrimonial home or, in the alternative, the payment of a lump sum of £4M. With respect to spousal maintenance the wife sought £100,000 per annum for a period of 15 years. However, during questioning with regard to these changes, the wife also indicated that her revised position was based on her having a property until her eldest child finished his tertiary education, at which point she would "give it back", albeit it had been her hope to keep the house. She returned to this theme in her closing submissions, stating that, as the "single mother of two European Princes", she was simply "asking for a house for her and the children, and some financial support, over a period of 15 years".

Tessy herself seems to suggest the deal to have a home until the boys finish schooling so how is this no unacceptable?

6 months notice is to move to another property right? No just a never ending 6month threat to be homeless. No legal entity is going to agree to someone living in a property for 12 years. What if the house begins to fall down? What if the area the house is in becomes a war zone?

So, she was looking for a 'property transfer'. And next to a house completely paid for she also needed 100.000 pounds yo maintain her desired lifestyle.

When she finally realized that she wouldn't get the house for life she changed her position a bit. Nonetheless, it remains shocking how she keeps using her sons as the main argument for her lavish lifestyle. The grand fuke probably wishes that he never made her a princess and had also that he had elevated his grandchildren to counts instead of princes...

In addition, since when does being a prince, especially one without any succession rights, require a luxurious lifestyle? I am sure there are several titled people, including princes, who live a rather ordinary life.

That reads to me like a textbook case for the old saying: "The person who represents him/herself in a court of law has a fool for a client."

It certainly reads as though she wanted a property transferred to her, and then she backed down, and then she returned to that theme.

Back
Top Bottom