Prince Jean, Duke of Vendôme: engagement & pre-wedding info - Nov 2008 / May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wedding of Jean Duc de Vendome

Refering to the French Bord , Noblesse et Royautés, the Wedding of Prince Jean will be on May 2sd at the Castle of Amboise.

sorry to contradict but it seems it is going to take place on the 9th of may and no place has been decided yet.

Are there any photos or news of the bride-to-be?

Very good choice if it's the castle of Amboise. I visited it few years ago and it's a very beautiful castle.
It's a very nice place for a royal wedding.

The Castle of Amboise was the Orlean's until ??
Referring to the French Forum "Noblesse et Royautés " , when Prince Jean was first engaged , the wedding should have been at ND de Chartres and the Countess de Paris should have given a Ball at Amboise's Castle.
But Vincent , item 34 , said that the date of May the 2 nd for the wedding is not sure and the place also. So we have to wait..

Point de Vue magazine has just devoted to the engagement a very small article with a little pic. Sign of the times... a few years ago they would have given the event a lot of pages.... that's why I don't buy it any longer

Can't believe that Point de Vue would not cover this impending marriage with bigger
article - guess there was just too much "breath-taking" news on the Sarkozy family that "deserved" big coverage!

This week , the Point de Vue sold in Belgium has the whole front page with the wedding of Marie-Christine and Rodolphe..(no Sarko no Dathi)

Yes. Six pages for the wedding of Archduchess Marie-Christine of Austria and Count Rodolphe of Limburg Stirum and a double page for the engagement of Jean the Duke of Vendôme and Philomena de Tornos.

PdV has an an interview with the couple, they say that they want a private wedding with only friends and family.

Apparentlly, the wedding will take place in the chapelle saint louis in dreux, west of paris. It is the official ceremonial place for the french royal family. The chapel saint Louis is build on the top of the old fortress and it belongs now to the fondation Saint Louis established by prince Jean's grand father. date should be may the 9th.

where do the orleans live? have they still some castle?

I suppose they want a relatively private ceremony because of the situation about the first and second wifes of his father

I suppose they want a relatively private ceremony because of the situation about the first and second wifes of his father

I don't think that this is the reason. For his cancelled Wedding with Duchess Tatiana of Oldenburg it had been announced that it woul take place at Chartres Cathedral and the evening before a Ball given by the late Comtesse de Paris at Château d'Amboise.
And at the Wedding of his brother in 1999 his father, stepmother and mother attended all attended both the civil and religious Ceremonies.
It was only a problem at the Wedding of his sister Marie when neither the present and the late Comte de Paris attended the religious Wedding and it was hosted by Duke Carl of Württemberg at Friedrichshafen Castle.

Last edited:
Concerning the wedding of Princess Marie , this wedding was supposed to be in the chapelle St Louis of Dreux. le Count of Paris payed her wedding dress.
At for a reason I forgot , the wedding took place at Friedrichshafen Castle, the place of ther Mother's Childhood. The Count of Paris did not assist at the wedding in Germany and his relationship with the Duchess of Montpensier changed.
I must say that I am very happy that the Duchess will have her real first place at the Wedding. She is the Duke of Vendome's mother.
She had two handicaped children François (who should have been the Dauphin) and Blanche before she got Jean and Eudes.
She is really a respectful Royal..

Last edited by a moderator:
Renate4711: First of all, thank you so much for the link. Secondly, the reason the link in your post didn't work is because http:// is followed by a .

Josette

Trying to avoid that guillotine this time. ;)

Ah, he says he likes peasants.... how very 'Allo Allo' of him :whistling: :ROFLMAO:

I do not know if this was an honest to goodness interview or snipets of one. If he actually said what is written here, he cannot be too bright.
Wall Street Journal is a serious daily and I have a hard time thinking they tried to twist his words. Still......I wonder how out of touch he is.

I do not know if this was an honest to goodness interview or snipets of one. If he actually said what is written here, he cannot be too bright.
Wall Street Journal is a serious daily and I have a hard time thinking they tried to twist his words. Still......I wonder how out of touch he is.

Odette, the entire interview was posted and HRH's exact comment was "...I love our wine, and I love our peasants".

I was more amused than offended when I read it, in fact I couldn't stop laughing all the way home from work LOL! It's such an ANCIEN REGIME comment it defies belief!

And yes you are correct..he is either wildly out of touch or really stupid or both. With members like that, the Orleans chances of regaining the French throne are slim to none!

I can't stop thinking how much Tatiana of Oldenburg would have been a better duchess of Vendome.. anyone on the forums thinks that too?

I agree with you, rominet09, Point de Vue used to be one of the best royalty magazines,now its turned into a jumble of articles and interests. I liked the old magazine better. I hardly ever buy it nowadays.

I can't stop thinking how much Tatiana of Oldenburg would have been a better duchess of Vendome.. anyone on the forums thinks that too?
I think that you are right.
BTW, do you have a good pic of Tatiana of Oldenburg?

Thank you amadea, I have never seen a picture of Tatiana after the engagement was broken off. I have no idea what the background is of Philomena de Tornos Steinhart or of Duchess Tatiana (in the sense of education) but it seems clear that the Orleans family found it more important that the bride would be catholic than that she would be royal. A combination of the two would have been even better I suppose....

On the French board "Noblesse et Royautés", the Wedding of Jean Duc de Vendome will take place on the 2nd of May at the Cathedral of Senlis followed by a Reception at Chantilly's Castle.
Why this changements of date and place ???

Back
Top Bottom