Prince and Princess Akishino have a son: Prince Hisahito

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Muhsina said:
I have posted an inquiry at youtube for information on how I could get a copy of the video myself. In the meantime I thought I would try here at the forum to see if anyone has information on this video and how to acquire a copy.

Thank you for your help.
Actually, the only thing you can do is contact the person, who posted these clips on Youtube, and ask him or her to send them to you. The easiest thing to do is to save those clips as favorites at Youtube and watch them whenever you want on the internet.

mandyy said:
...Fumihito and Kiko took care to choose a character that had not been used in the imperial family before, and spent the summer considering several possible names--both for a girl and a boy.
Again, I'm new to the Japanese imperial family, so I don't get it. Why is Prince Akishino sometimes called Fumihito? Does he have two names?

I still don't understand. Is Akishino his informal name and Fumihito his formal name?

Furienna said:
I still don't understand. Is Akishino his informal name and Fumihito his formal name?
When he was born back in 1965, he received the name of Fumihito and a parsonal title to be used when he was young which is Aya no miya.
This parsonal title is only received by children of a crown prince or the Emperor.
Aya no miya acts sort of like his last name.
for eg. when he attended school his full name would be Aya no miya Fumihito with the Japanese tradition of last names being placed before the first
When he got married with Kiko and establihed his own family, the Emperor granted them a new family branch name Akishino no miya.
This family branch name would then sort of act like his last name.
His full name after marriage would be Akishino no miya Fumihito or in english Prince Fumihito of Akishino. Since he is the head of the family, he is usually called Prince Akishino. We can also call Kiko, Princess Akishino because she is the female head of the family, and she also belongs in that family branch. Her full name would then be Princess Kiko of Akishino.

Little prince has a nice name Hisahito-virtuous, I like its meaning. Good luck to a little one. :) I can't wait to see his pictures. Any news when we can expect first pics?

So the title 'Prince Akishino' is sort of like when the children of British monarchs get titles, for example, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, who is Duke of York. And their children use the 'Akishino' as part of their title, just like Beatrice and Eugenie. So Mako, Kako and Hisahito of Akishino and then Beatrice and Eugenie of York. Is that about right?

Yeah, Morhange, I think so. Thanks for explaining that, Mandyy! Now I finally get why the prince is both called Fumihito and Akishino. Fumihito is his actual first name, and Akishino is more like a title.

Furienna said:
I don't think it will happen again. After what happened with Masako, I doubt any woman will want to do the same thing, ever. I'm all pro male primogeniture, but only having female heirs is still better than pushing yet another princess into depression. It's okay with female monarchs, but male still should stand before female in the order of succession.

Congratulations, Japan, for your prince Hisahito!

I'm not specially pro-male nor pro-female succesion. I think we must be respectuous of other countries laws. I was qite clear about it in other posts: if Japanese people wants to change the succesory laws returninb back to ancient laws allowing females to rule, that's good. If they doesn't want it, that's good too. It's not our bussiness.

It was okay the world like it was, with excellent Queens and Empress like Queen Elizabeth I of England, Queen Vctoria of Great Britain,Queen Isabel I of Spain,Empress Catherine of Russia and so on...but I also like Kings and Emperors! The thing that puts me over my nerves is the hyper-feminism that is getting al us a little hysterical. If there are people who things that men are better than women (false!) there are others who things the opposite: women are better than men (fake too!). It's also noticeable that many people today (most vengative women) wanted that royal wifes should overshadow their husband..but they become furious if husbands overshadows wifes! Life is a path to walk in couple. Men are useless without women; women are useles without men.For we are sons and daughters, for we are fathers and mothers, for we were created different and partners by God.

Well, by the way: WELCOME, PRINCE HISAHITO!!!

Vanesa.:flowers:

Another good post, Vanesa! I feel pretty much the same way!

I know! I share most of your opinons too. Even if we doesn't know each other personally, I read all your posts, and I think we have very similar ideas.

Vanesa.:)

the moter and baby leave the hospital today? here in argentina is 10:02 pm. in japan are 12 hours more........

Main events scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 21

Prince Hisahito, first son of Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko, to be registered in the imperial family registry.
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060920/kyodo/d8k8bse80.html

Stork breeding farm popularity surges after prince born
Thursday, September 21, 2006 at 07:13 EDT KOBE — A stork breeding farm in Toyooka, Hyogo Prefecture, has seen a rapid surge in popularity after the recent birth of Prince Hisahito, whose parents visited the farm about a year ago...........
http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/384880

A pony made with about 30 kilograms of solid gold is displayed at a jewellery shop in Tokyo September 21, 2006. The pony, valued at a market price of 150 million yen ($1.28 million), is made in celebration of the birth of Prince Hisahito, who was born last week to Princess Kiko and Prince Akishino.
#1:photo from JIJI press
#2-3: Reuters

Prince Hisahito's name inscribed in imperial family registry
(Kyodo) _ Prince Hisahito, the newborn baby of Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko and the first heir to the Japanese imperial throne born in 41 years, was registered Thursday in the imperial family registry, the Imperial Household Agency said.

The prince's name Hisahito, the names of his father and mother and the time, date and place of his birth as well as the day of his naming were recorded in the registry at the agency's Archives and Mausolea Department, located on the Imperial Palace grounds. Agency chief Shingo Haketa and Takechiyo Orikasa, the department head, signed the registry with brush and ink to complete the procedure. The department keeps the original, with a copy kept in the Justice Department.....
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060921/kyodo/d8k94qo01.html

Name of newborn Japan prince officially registered
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060921/wl_nm/japan_royal_dc_1

#1: JIJI press

Last edited:
Stork breeding farm popularity surges after prince born
Thursday, September 21, 2006 at 07:13 EDT KOBE — A stork breeding farm in Toyooka, Hyogo Prefecture, has seen a rapid surge in popularity after the recent birth of Prince Hisahito, whose parents visited the farm about a year ago...........
http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/384880

Don't tell me they still think that's where babies come from?

Mind you, since the entire country seems to be under the impression that only men can pass on genetic traits, I suppose it wouldn't be too surprising if they thought that storks delivered the babies once the men had contributed all the genetic material and women had contributed nine months' free board and lodging.:rolleyes: :bang:

Can't remember if I posted my congratulations or not here...if not Congratulations again to the IRF!!! Can't wait to see pix of the baby as he gets older! Sure he'll be adorable!!

Elspeth said:
Don't tell me they still think that's where babies come from?
Mind you, since the entire country seems to be under the impression that only men can pass on genetic traits, I suppose it wouldn't be too surprising if they thought that storks delivered the babies once the men had contributed all the genetic material and women had contributed nine months' free board and lodging.:rolleyes: :bang:

Hear, hear!!!

Not to mention the appalling abuse Crown Princess Masako has endured for "failing" to have a male child... don't they know anything about reproductive biology over there?? :mad:

The genetic traits and the family line is not the same thing. While both men and women can carry on genetic traits, only men can continue the family line. And I believe what happened to Masako will never happen again. I think that Hisahito's wife won't be treated that way. And if she only has a daughter, she will be empress one day.

now i'm really confused. if it's not a matter of genetics, and the family name can (and has been) given to a prince consort the same way it is given to a princess consort, and women and men are equally capable to do the job, then I'm not sure how only a man is able to 'continue the family line'.

unless a 'family line' is actually a physical thing that is strapped onto someone for them to tow around and only a man would be able to handle the actual physical strain of it because of the very heavy weight, then how would a CPrincess be less able somehow than a CPrince to 'continue the family line'? it's an interesting topic that i'd like to understand better:flowers:

i hope someone can explain that to me because i'm really lost:flowers:

i also sincerely hope no one will ever be put through the things that dear Masako has been put through and hopefully this new baby boy will give her some breathing room.

Last edited:
Furienna said:
The genetic traits and the family line is not the same thing. While both men and women can carry on genetic traits, only men can continue the family line. And I believe what happened to Masako will never happen again. I think that Hisahito's wife won't be treated that way. And if she only has a daughter, she will be empress one day.

Yes; I know what are you traying to said. But in this case, I can't follow you. The family line wouldn't be lost if a woman becomes an Empress (well..I think that the correct word is "Tenno"). When Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom herted the throne, and have children, the dinasty keeps its name. They still are Windsors! And when Maria-Theresia of Austria ruled her country as an Empress, the family line didn't stopped there. She was an Hasbsburg, and her sons still were the same...until the last Emperor of this House.

However I'm not an "anti- Prince Hisahito" and I'm not upset if he is Japan Tenno one day to come...And of course, I'm not angry for he is born, as many people here seems to be. I never enter in the "Princess Masako-Princess Kiko" rivalry ..Much less into the "Princess Aiko-Prince Hisahito" one.

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
When Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom herted the throne, and have children, the dinasty keeps its name. They still are Windsors!

Not exactly. Queen Victoria's Descendants belong to the house of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. George V changed the family name to Windsor to avoid anti-germanic sentiments. Even after Elizabeth II married Phillip Mountbatten, their "personal surnames" became Mountbatten Windsor.

Excactly! A queen's children don't belong to her dynasty, but to their father's dynasty.

foiegrass said:
Not exactly. Queen Victoria's Descendants belong to the house of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. George V changed the family name to Windsor to avoid anti-germanic sentiments. Even after Elizabeth II married Phillip Mountbatten, their "personal surnames" became Mountbatten Windsor.

Well, yes, of course. I was only making my explanation more "short". But the idea remains. The dinasty name didn't change for Queen Victoria was a woman, but for cause of the War and the anti-German feelings.

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
Well, yes, of course. I was only making my explanation more "short". But the idea remains. The dinasty name didn't change for Queen Victoria was a woman, but for cause of the War and the anti-German feelings.

Vanesa.

THE DYNASTY NAME CHANGED after she married Prince Albert. and i am pretty sure that charles will change their family name to mountbatten-windsor after his mother passes on.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page13.asp
The Stuarts, The Hanoverians, THE SAXE COBURG GOTHA, the Windsors.

"The House of Windsor came into being in 1917, when the name was adopted as the British Royal Family's official name by a proclamation of King George V, replacing the historic name of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. It remains the family name of the current Royal Family. "

Is it because the Japanese culture supports the idea that women leave their families and join their husbands families after marriage that women cannot carry on the family line?

Because lets be real about this. If Prince Hisahito inherits the throne, you have to assume that the baby that his wife gives birth to is his. But who can say for sure other than the mother? She may very well have had a fling with the royal stable manager. If Aiko has a baby as Empress, at least we know that the baby is of imperial blood.

Furienna said:

Vanesa said:

Vanesa.
No... Victoria was of the Hannover dynasty, since her great great great grandfather George I was an elector of Hannover before he became the king of England. But Victoria's children were never of the Hannover dynasty. They belonged to the Sachsen-Gotha dynasty, just like their father prince consort Albert.

Maria Theresia

Her son was Habsburg-Lothringen.
Descendant's formal family name is it now.

Is Crown Prince of Japan more popular than Prince Akishino, in foreign countries??
Um..:wacko:

mandyy said:
New prince not end to succession crisis--Japan palace chief
Japan's imperial palace chief has warned that last week's birth of the first male heir to the Chrysanthemum Throne in four decades still does not resolve
the imperial family's looming succession crisis, an official said Wednesday....Imperial Household Agency Grand Steward Shingo Haketa said the royal family's future is still shaky.
"Even though the prince is born, that does not take away the problem over the stability of imperial succession," he was quoted as saying by Imperial Household Agency spokesman Yasuo Moriyama on Wednesday....
http://newsinfo.inq7.net/breakingnews/world/view_article.php?article_id=20738

Oh dear...after all this drama...time will tell.

Vanesa said:

Vanesa.

Actually there was a name Change to Victoria's dynasty. Victoria was of the House of Hanover. Her husband was of the house of Saxe Coburg & Gotha. So the dynasty's name did change because Vicotria was a woman.

As for Maria Theresa, I don't know for sure but its possible her dynasty name didn't change her name, I read somewhere, after her husband's dad died, he was adopted by Maria Theresa's father with the understanding that he'd be his future son in law. Who knows.

Back
Top Bottom