Prince Albert II and the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 4: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gloria, family and guests enjyoed a Gipsy Kings concert at the Castle Festival yesterday, July 18:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

And today, July 19, Gloria attended the Summer Reception of the Bavarian State Parliament at Schleissheim Palace:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Gloria attended the David Garrett concert as part of the Thurn & Taxis Castle Festival yesterday, July 21:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Gloria attended the James Blunt concert at the Thurn & Taxis Castle Festival yesterday, July 23:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Today, July 25, Gloria and brother Alexander attended the opening of the annual Bayreuth Festival featuring the music of German composer Richard Wagner at the Festival Theatre (Richard-Wagner-Festspielhaus) in Bayreuth:

** Pic ** gettyimages **

Last edited:
Gloria attended the Salzburg Festival yesterday, July 28:

** Pic ** gallery **

And she attended the premiere of "Il Trittico" by Puccini in Salzburg on July 29:

** Pic ** gallery **

Last edited:
A prince visiting Cornello dei Tasso: Albert II von Thurn und Taxis is "back home"

"Today, surprisingly, we received a very special visit! - we read on the Facebook page of the Tasso and Postal History Museum - Prince Albert II von Thurn und Taxis came to visit us and visited the museum and the village of Cornello and we told him about the research work carried out over the years on the Tasso family ".

https://www.lavocedellevalli.it/un-...bert-ii-von-thurn-und-taxis-e-tornato-a-casa/

To celebrate the upcoming publication of ‘Karl Lagerfeld Unseen’, Princess Elisabeth, former style editor at American Vogue and contributor to the book, talks us through her favourite Lagerfeld show.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj5pOBwK48e/

Elisabeth has revealed that Albert has gained his doctoral degree:

Introducing Doctor Albert??*?with a PhD in medieval philosophy, moments after nailing his doctoral defence ??????

** instagram post **

Elisabeth has revealed that Albert has gained his doctoral degree:

** instagram post **

At least he is studying something and shows ambition, instead of only taking part in car races. Next good news would be if he gets married.
I remember about 40 years ago his mother, Gloria, a pretty young woman with no fortune married the old Fürst. It was always rumoured that the marriage was "arranged" and that the Thurn and Taxis family have an old law which says that the huge fortune they owe can only be inherited by male descendants. I wonder if this is still the case. If it is so, Albert is expected to marry and produce heirs. But, maybe they changed their laws and also the daughters can inherit everything.

At least he is studying something and shows ambition, instead of only taking part in car races. Next good news would be if he gets married.
I remember about 40 years ago his mother, Gloria, a pretty young woman with no fortune married the old Fürst. It was always rumoured that the marriage was "arranged" and that the Thurn and Taxis family have an old law which says that the huge fortune they owe can only be inherited by male descendants. I wonder if this is still the case. If it is so, Albert is expected to marry and produce heirs. But, maybe they changed their laws and also the daughters can inherit everything.

I don't think anything changed, he is just taking his time like his father. I guess if he has no heirs, the next male Thurn und Taxis relative gets the estate.

Their marriage wasn’t arranged, Albert’s father met Gloria himself. Why would they change the rule on inheritance? There are other male Thurn und Taxis princes. Albert is actually educated with qualifications, he went to university so there’s no issue with how he goes about his life. I wonder who he will marry.

"Studying something"... Come on, his doctorate, his PhD, is a high class acdemical rank - One has to put a lot of work into it!

Speculative posts have been removed according to the TRF rules.

I don't think anything changed, he is just taking his time like his father. I guess if he has no heirs, the next male Thurn und Taxis relative gets the estate.

This may have to be translated from Spanish, but introductions to each others families have already been made per the source below.

https://www.cotilleando.com/threads/los-thurn-und-taxis-en-instagram.142784/page-3

Wishing Prince Albert and Virginia Cosentini Pallavicino the most joyful holiday season

It was always rumoured that the marriage was "arranged" and that the Thurn and Taxis family have an old law which says that the huge fortune they owe can only be inherited by male descendants. I wonder if this is still the case. If it is so, Albert is expected to marry and produce heirs. But, maybe they changed their laws and also the daughters can inherit everything.

Why would they change the rule on inheritance? There are other male Thurn und Taxis princes.

I'm not familiar with Albert or his beliefs and decisions, but not all men insist on leaving their fortunes to male relatives even when there are female relatives who are closer. As you wrote in the Bavaria thread:

I think Max has given his daughters their inheritances or at least it has been earmarked who is getting what.

[...] it was inevitable that he would give assets to his daughters as he only had daughters.

I'm not familiar with Albert or his beliefs and decisions, but not all men insist on leaving their fortunes to male relatives even when there are female relatives who are closer. As you wrote in the Bavaria thread:
There’s a difference the Dukes in Bavaria will die out or is pretty much extinct because Duke Max in Bavaria has no sons and Duke Max isn’t actually from the Dukes in Bavaria branch but from the royal branch and was simply adopted by the last male descendant to take on the assets of the Ducal branch. The assets of the Bavarian Ducal branch have always been separate from the main branch so Duke Max was entitled to give them to his daughters and two of his daughters have married into wealthy families anyways. But I think Albert is joint owner of some forest lands with his sisters so yeah.

There’s a difference the Dukes in Bavaria will die out or is pretty much extinct because Duke Max in Bavaria has no sons and Duke Max isn’t actually from the Dukes in Bavaria branch but from the royal branch and was simply adopted by the last male descendant to take on the assets of the Ducal branch. The assets of the Bavarian Ducal branch have always been separate from the main branch so Duke Max was entitled to give them to his daughters and two of his daughters have married into wealthy families anyways. But I think Albert is joint owner of some forest lands with his sisters so yeah.

And one of the reasons that Duke Max was choosen was that he was also descending from the ducal line though his grandmother Duchess marie Gabriele in Bavaria.

And one of the reasons that Duke Max was choosen was that he was also descending from the ducal line though his grandmother Duchess marie Gabriele in Bavaria.
I did know that, but thank you for that interesting tidbit of information that makes even more sense.

Gloria and Albert at the Christmas Market at St. Emmeram castle yesterday, December 17:

** Pic ** gallery **

Back
Top Bottom