Presentation of Prince Hisahito: Sept. 15, 2006.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For all the "controversy" and all the ink spilled over the arrival of this baby and whether it would be a boy or a girl, and what would happen to the line of succession and it being 2006 and that a woman should be allowed to succeed to the throne, at the core, what these pictures remind me is that Akishino and Kiko are proud new parents of a healthy little baby and like all parents, they are pleased as punch with his addition to their family.

Kiko's beaming smile at her baby son and at her husband make you forget that with this little boy's arrival his cousin Aiko is no longer a potential Empress, and that he is the future Emperor, but that he is an innocent little baby cradled lovingly in his mother's arms and that he has two older sisters who will love him dearly.

He'll have the rest of his life to absorb and deal with what his arrival means to the Imperial family and what it means in Japan's history, but for now, he is an innocent baby loved by his family and being welcomed with great fanfare by his fellow country people.

Kiko and Akishino look so happy and proud!
We cannot see very much of the baby.. but I think it must be a cutie! ;)
Will there be any "official" photoshoots with the whole princely family?

wow, he's got lots of hair!

Her_Majesty said:
Will there be any "official" photoshoots with the whole princely family?

Someone else already asked this question and mandyy replies in Post #4 of this very thread. Her answer:

mandyy said:
Regarding about official photos...I think we will get to see new/official photos 50 days after his birth when he is send to imperial shrines to perform religious ceremonies to pray for his health. Then there could also be photos 120days after his birth when he performs the ceremony of eating food with chopticks.

I am sure there would be official photos released at the end of Nov. when it's Prince Akishino's b-day. They will usually release photos of the family taken in early Nov. or mid-Nov.

charlottestreasures said:
I know I will get tomatoes thrown at me and it is a bit off subject, but I was just wondering if anyone else ever wishes that the Prince would cut his hair !!!

you mean the father? Hey, I thought his hair looks cool! :lol:

Alexandria said:
Someone else already asked this question and mandyy replies in Post #4 of this very thread. Her answer:
Thanks!:flowers: That's quite different from the Royal houses in Europe. Interesting to see!

Seeing Kiko so happy makes me happy too. I have never seen her smile that big before :D congrats prince & princess akishino for having such a delightful baby.

Thanks for posting the videos!
Princess Kiko looks really good. I wished we could have seen the prince's face better but I guess official pictures of the prince will be released.

Goodness the little guy certainly has a lot of hair! :lol:

I think Kiko looked good but tired, which is to be expected after giving birth at age 40.

Wonder what his big sisters think of him? :)

Emily said:
"I know I will get tomatoes thrown at me and it is a bit off subject, but I was just wondering if anyone else ever wishes that the Prince would cut his hair !!"

And yes, I have suggested this before. I actually thing his bangs/fringe look like a horses forelocks and wish he'd get them cut!

I agree, Emily. It's a very silly haircut for a grown man. BTW, does anyone remember when he made a mean remark about why his brother, the Crown Prince, couldn't find anyone to marry...something about the CP's eyes?

It's just my opinion, but I don't like this guy. Ever since the new prince was born, every picture I see of him show him with a "smug" expression on his face. He really bugs me!!!

Well I am not much in to this royal family but I do wish to congratulate the family on this big event!

What a cute baby! And with such a head of hair!

Sesa, are you talking about Prince Akishino? Maybe he's thinking he now has the heir to the throne that CP Naruhito and CP Masako couldn't produce. I still say that the law of succession should be changed to allow females to inherit the throne.

I know I will get tomatoes thrown at me and it is a bit off subject, but I was just wondering if anyone else ever wishes that the Prince would cut his hair !!!

The only thing I'm wishng now is that Prince Hisahito NEVER cut his hair in the way that his father is wearing it! :ROFLMAO: :lol:

Vanesa.

Crowds seek glimpse of new prince
....Prince Hisahito will stay mainly in a nursery room on the second floor of Prince Akishino's residence.
The Western-style room, with a floor space equivalent to the size of eight tatami mats, was originally an extra room. The floor has been recarpeted to prepare for the days when Prince Hisahito begins to crawl. A kitchen has been installed near the room to warm milk and make baby food, and a guard rail will be fitted at the top of the stairs to prevent the prince from taking a tumble.....
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/national/20060916TDY03004.htm

#1: from backyard builder annex
#2: Mainichi news added 2 more photos to their photo exhibition in celebration of the birth of Prince Hisahito. They planned to extend the photo exhibition at the Takashimaya department store from originally the 19th to 26th.

Last edited:
sesa said:
It's just my opinion, but I don't like this guy. Ever since the new prince was born, every picture I see of him show him with a "smug" expression on his face. He really bugs me!!!

I can't help but agree. He looks like he's got the ticket in now that his wife had a boy [which may or may not have had help from modern science] and his older brother, the heir.....could not. I've seen some pictures of him where he looks downright smarmy.

Sister Morphine said:
I can't help but agree. He looks like he's got the ticket in now that his wife had a boy [which may or may not have had help from modern science] and his older brother, the heir.....could not. I've seen some pictures of him where he looks downright smarmy.
I'm glad that I am not the only one who sees it. Since the day we saw the pictures of him with his 2 daughters in the car going to the hospital, he just had that smug look on his face that seemed to say "ha! I did what you could not do and now I am better than you and will now have more respect than you". the guy just gives me the creeps. (and his hair does not help him either!:lol: )

tricia said:
Sesa, are you talking about Prince Akishino? Maybe he's thinking he now has the heir to the throne that CP Naruhito and CP Masako couldn't produce. I still say that the law of succession should be changed to allow females to inherit the throne.
Yes, that is the guy I'm referring to. a.k.a.: creepy guy!:ROFLMAO:
And I agree, the law should be changed to allow females to succeed. If it's good enough for other counties, it should be good enough for Japan. Sheesh!

That's not right...What is good for other countries, may NOT be good for Japan, and what is good for Japan may NOT be good for other nations.

Let me said that you have a pretty hilarious idea of pluralism and diversity...And, please...I beg you that you just STOP spitting hate toward this little creature that never harmed anyone and is born innocent as all us came to this world.

Western sufficiency is unbearable. Rspect to other people ways of life is the true democracy if some kind of it could be possible nowadays, where people speaks of liberty meanwhile they keep saying: "You must do this and that for f you don't, you aren't politically correct". Respect others, and you'll be respected as well. :mad:

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
That's not right...What is good for other countries, may NOT be good for Japan, and what is good for Japan may NOT be good for other nations.

Let me said that you have a pretty hilarious idea of pluralism and diversity...And, please...I beg you that you just STOP spitting hate toward this little creature that never harmed anyone and is born innocent as all us came to this world.

Western sufficiency is unbearable. Rspect to other people ways of life is the true democracy if some kind of it could be possible nowadays, where people speaks of liberty meanwhile they keep saying: "You must do this and that for f you don't, you aren't politically correct". Respect others, and you'll be respected as well. :mad:

Vanesa.

Who are you talking to?

Just because members criticize the methods (IVF) used to have the child, it doesn't mean they hate prince Hisahito. Expressing negative views about the IHA and/or the prince's parents do not indicate dislike or hatred of the little prince.

You are all entitled to your opinions and anyone can disagree with you, but it should be done courteously like, "I disagree with you" instead of, "That's not right."

Please remember this is an informal and friendly discussion and not a major debate.

Thanks for your coopertation.

Mandy

Wouldn't the CP actually have to step down for Akishino to try to take his place as heir? Is that even reasonable?

Wouldn't the new baby probably be heir only after the current CP?

I'm glad the baby is healthy. Good wishes to them.

Last edited:
Lillia said:
Wouldn't the CP actually have to step down for Akishino to try to take his place as heir? Is that even reasonable?

Once the CP becomes emperor Akishino will be the heir unless there is a change in the law.

Wouldn't the new baby probably be heir only after the current CP?

No - he would only be the heir after the current CP and his own father.

I'm glad the baby is healthy. Good wishes to them.

I too am glad that he is healthy and pleased that Kiko was safely able to have her longed for son. This child will be one very loved child and I hope that he isn't an extremely spoilt one as well as that could spell disaster in the future.

yes,this is very silly and boyish haircut.I also wish him to get rid of this silly moustache.

Actually, I agree with it too. There's something funny about Prince Fumihito's looks. He's not old enough to let his hair be grey for a start. LOL.

And about little Hisahito having a lot of hair already, well, I was born with a lot of hair too. Many dark-haired babies are born with a bed of hair.

He is also the prince that criticized his brother for taking up for his wife about her treatment with the Royal Household.
The Prince wasn't the only person who criticized the Crown Prince. I read in article and apparently their sister (the former Princess) criticized the Crown Prince's statements too, bringing out the fact that the Empress has had a lot of private pain too. She sounded very annoyed with her brother.

Maybe the "second" Prince is kind of happy that he has a son and did something his brother couldn't do. Okay. But the second son has probably lived in his brother's shadow for his entire life, and that cannot be a fun experience to be the aftermind. So hey doing something your brother couldn't do would probably make anyone happy. Plus, maybe he wants to be emperor and doesn't like the idea of the rules midstream.

Back
Top Bottom