Palaces of Dubai and Homes of the Ruling Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The arch of the entranceway in Picture R1895 on Flickr - Photo Sharing posted by Azrayy has five horses on the top.
What is the significance of these horses?

The arch of the entranceway in Picture R1895 on Flickr - Photo Sharing posted by Azrayy has five horses on the top.
What is the significance of these horses?

The five horses have no special meaning.

I think this is Hamdan's house. Is there a name for this house? And where exactly is this house, which part of Dubai?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bul5gPYgVOa/

Is this the inside of the same house
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu_RAf5grEX/

I am assuming this is his main house. He probably has more. How many more houses does he own for himself in Dubai(Not including parents/family homes)

The houses he owns outside Dubai, are they his own or family houses?

Last edited:
Does Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed live in Zaabeel Palace or somewhere else? I mean own residence. I thought he lived alone. Anyone knows if it is the house in Nad al Sheba or another one?

I bet everyone has their own house. Why would they live with the mother?

When was Zabeel built? After Sh Mohammed married Hind? That's his office and home right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is Hamdan's house. Is there a name for this house? And where exactly is this house, which part of Dubai?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bul5gPYgVOa/..... I am assuming this is his main house.

The house you posted above isnt his private home. It is a part of Fazza Endurance Stable in Dubai owned by the Al Makoums. The stable is located between Al Quds and Nad Al Sheeba.

When was Zabeel built? After Sh Mohammed married Hind? That's his office and home right?

The history of the Zabeel palace starts in the late 1950s, at a time the palace was just three small buildings. It was Sheikh Rashid, the father of Sheikh Mo, who followed his dreams of modern Dubai and started to change Zabeel houses into a palace we known today. The “new“ Zabeel palace was built in 1965, where it was still surrounded by sand, isolated in the desert. It has been extended several times, rebuilt and refurbished over the years. Now it is Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashids official residence and also administrative headquarter of the ruling family of Dubai. Sheikh Mo married Sheikha Hind on 26 April 1979.

Last edited:
So Zabeel is Sh Mohammed's parents house. It makes sense that his official wife Hind lives in his parents house. Now I think Hamdan, Maktoum and Ahmeds official wives will also live in Zabeel.

So Zabeel is Sh Mohammed's parents house. It makes sense that his official wife Hind lives in his parents house. Now I think Hamdan, Maktoum and Ahmeds official wives will also live in Zabeel.
With his mom? Lol

LOL I know it sounds funny, but I was serious.
I heard that place is massive so there will be enough privacy for all.

Thanks!
Do you know how many bedrooms/bathrooms it has?

Last edited:
It's massive. There are different wings for different things. At least that's what I heard.

Last edited:
Do you think it's a bad idea to have 4 families in one palace?

Umm..I'm not sure.
I posted the instagram link to Hamdan's house in my post above. I think he has more houses, but he is already living in the best place. The other places might not be as luxurious as his main house. Since the best is already occupied the official wife will end up in not such a nice house. I thought the official wife could stay in Zabeel. Same for Maktoum and Ahmed's wife. Well, it's probably a bad idea. The girls would want their own palace. It's only fair that they get their own.

. Since the best is already occupied the official wife will end up in not such a nice house.

??? What kind of “knowledge“ led you to this totally wrong assumption???

I thought the official wife could stay in Zabeel. Same for Maktoum and Ahmed's wife. Well, it's probably a bad idea. The girls would want their own palace. It's only fair that they get their own.

Each of the wives will have their own private residence. And it might be more of a villa and not a 1001 rooms palace. Zabeel palace isnt just a privat home. It is more an administrative headquarter of the ruling family of Dubai where also, for example, official receptions take place.

Last edited:
??? What kind of “knowledge“ led you to this totally wrong assumption???

Which part of what I said are you responding to? The already occupied part or the official wife ending up in not so nice house part?

Which part of what I said are you responding to? The already occupied part or the official wife ending up in not so nice house part?

I responded to the “wife ending up in not so nice house“ part.

I responded to the “wife ending up in not so nice house“ part.

Ok.

I said that because I know for sure that Hamdan/or maybe his family own many houses. Of the few houses that are for Hamdan in Dubai this is where he lives and spends the most time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bul5gPYgVOa/

And this is perhaps the best of all, which is why he chooses to live here.

that is not your house, it is part of the f3 stables, there they hold meetings and keep the trophies won in the competitions

Dear All,
Please confine your comments to the topic of this thread ''Palaces of Dubai and Homes of the Ruling Family'' and refrain from speculating about the Sheikhs personal lives.

Thank You,
Rossina
UAE Forum Moderator

Last edited:
Al Wasl road palace?

Has anyone pictures or the corecct location of it? If it exists.

Does anyone have a recent picture of Sheikh Hamdan’s (Crown Prince) palace that is located in Nad Al Sheba, Dubai? That is the location of his palace, right?

there is a private palace for Sh.hamdan but ther is not much info about . Its located in Nad al sheba

there is a private palace for Sh.hamdan but ther is not much info about . Its located in Nad al sheba

Is it the one where the entrance is located beside a roundabout that is decorated with horses carvings?

Is it the one where the entrance is located beside a roundabout that is decorated with horses carvings?

The racecourse is located in Nad Al Sheba 1, while the stables that bred racehorses such as Dubai Millennium and Essence of Dubai are located in Nad Al Sheba 2. The Nad Al Sheba palace of Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is located in Nad Al Sheba 1.Some are saying that the Sh.Hamdan palace is in meydan racecourse.ACtuallly , i am not in dubai . Another emirate.

No that’s the main palace where his mother lives

Oh I think you are talking about the Zabeel Palace, that has the horses carved at the top of the entrance.

But I mean in Nad Al Sheba (1), somewhere along the same road as where the NAS gym is located, there is a roundabout fully decorated with horse carvings and to the right of this roundabout is the restricted entrance.

Back
Top Bottom